S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What's the best prank you ever pulled on anyone?

Old 04-04-2014, 06:35 PM

Received 1,411 Likes on 766 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
After one of our Brown County Drives I got to our hotel ahead of the others. At the front desk I convinced the clerk to tell Lovetodrive2000 (Mike) that he didn't have a room and the hotel was full (which it was). He turned three shades of red and was about the kill the clerk when I finally broke down and told him. I think to this day he still wants to hurt me.
Better watch out at the Dragon, then, Scoots!

Old 04-04-2014, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When a friend of mine got married I kept his car in my garage for 'safe' keeping. I attached a bumper sticker ' HONK Just Married ' just below eye level on the rear bumper. As they left for their honeymoon many obliged the suggestion including a highway patrol man who smiled as he passed them. They found it a few days later.

This was a takeoff from when my Dad put a message inside the gas fill door when the daughter of a friend of his got married and gas stations were 'full service' where they pumped your gas for you. They drove half way across the United States being congratulated at every gas station.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:23 AM

Received 158 Likes on 143 Posts

After one of our Brown County Drives I got to our hotel ahead of the others. At the front desk I convinced the clerk to tell Lovetodrive2000 (Mike) that he didn't have a room and the hotel was full (which it was). He turned three shades of red and was about the kill the clerk when I finally broke down and told him. I think to this day he still wants to hurt me.
Thanks for reminding me David!!!!

You REALLY got me good with that one......

The thing you didn't mention was that there were no other rooms available for MILES!!!!

I still need to pay you back for that one!
Old 04-05-2014, 04:28 AM

Received 3,513 Likes on 2,377 Posts

Back when I was in high school I had obtained some pure magnesium ribbon. Very reactive stuff, burns at a brilliant white.
I believe they used to make flash bulbs out of threads of it.
So I had this one gallon glass pickle jar. I punched two holes in the lid and pushed wooden chopsticks down inside.
I attached an electrical cord to the chopsticks and ran a lead down each side.
I stripped back the ends and attached about 2 inches of magnesium ribbon to each one so that when I turned the top of the chopsticks the ribbons would touch.

So one very dark night I was ready, I plugged my apparatus into the wall.
I had the lights off in my room and called my mother in " hey mom quick you gotta come see this"
So after waiting a few moments for her eyes to adjust to the darkness and her pupils to fully open, I gave the chopsticks a twist.
In an instant 4 inches of 1/4" wide magnesium ribbon vaporized. This was probably enough magnesium to make a thousand flashbulbs.
If this was outside it probably would have been visible from 10 miles away and here was poor old mom, 10 feet away.

She really did not seem to be quite amused as I was.

Along the same lines I did get and old flashcube bulb and wire it to the power switch of a coworkers terminal so when he flipped the switch in the morning it wenta pop.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:06 PM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Along similar lines, my ex-husband and I did this to a co-worker:
We got a really great priceline deal on a resort weekend in Palm Springs and made the mistake of mentioning this great deal in front of a co-worker the day before we headed out. So naturally the co-worker jumped on line and did the same thing for the same weekend to "join" us out there with his GF. We weren't thrilled since we wanted to get *away* from things, ya know? So we stopped at the front desk on Saturday afternoon and my husband asked for a wake-up call for Sunday morning. Gave our co-worker's name and their room number and asked for a 6am call. Then he added, "You know, I'm a really heavy sleeper and very slow to wake up. Could you set a second call for 6:15 and a third for 6:30?" And naturally the front desk obliged.

The best part was listening to the co-worker and his GF complain Sunday morning at the pool.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Years ago, when I worked in IT desktop support, a couple of my co-workers and I played a prank on one of the network support guys while he was out to lunch. We did a screen capture of a windows blue screen of death and turned it into a screen saver and desktop. We then installed both on his machine, hid his desktop icons and toolbars, and set the screen saver to show immediately. When he came back, we could barely contain our laughter when he kept rebooting his machine and logging in, only to be confronted by a bsod.

It was excellent payback for some of the pranks he'd pulled on us earlier.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:14 PM

Lets see.....

The OKI group was meeting for the 1st S2KCA get together (or something like that)......

I had posted that Kathy and I had broken up (we were dating at that time, and it appears that everyone REALLY liked her, especially Sharon!)................. And that I was bringing "Bambi" to the get together....

Found out when I arrived that Sharon (Looters better half (and i mean better half!!!)).... was going to kill me for breaking up with Kathy!!!

Well..... lo and behold....... when I arrived Kathy was with me!!

Sharon still gets going when we mention this little misunderstanding!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:14 PM

Received 2,531 Likes on 1,526 Posts

One of these days Sharon is going to shoot you and the rest of us are going to help her reload!
Old 04-09-2014, 02:36 AM

One of these days Sharon is going to shoot you and the rest of us are going to help her reload!
Denny had told me she was going from room to room, muttering to herself, telling me how stupid I was.....

Ask her at the Dragon about Bambi!

And not the one that "alledgedly" ran into their car on the Dragon!
Old 04-09-2014, 02:37 AM

Just don't know why everyone is on Marge's (Sharon's) side all the time! :

Quick Reply: What's the best prank you ever pulled on anyone?