S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Vintage Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/)
-   -   Winter Olympics (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/winter-olympics-1181869/)

dlq04 02-12-2018 08:07 AM

Winter Olympics

Anyone watching? My wife is a big fan of these events, so its on the tv a lot. From what I've watched off and on, NBC's coverage certainly has not been great. Where's Matt Lauer when you need him? (:exit:)

Emil St-Hilaire 02-12-2018 08:10 AM

It’s all over the T.V....not my cup of t...:LOL:

sam_spider 02-12-2018 08:29 AM

I've been watching when I can, it's helpful that Xfinity (Comcast) is offering a lot of it on replays so I can watch at my leisure. I like the winter games over the summer ones, I find them more fun to watch.

I tried watching the opening ceremony but the constant talking by the commentators really put me off, they just wouldn't shut up.

dlq04 02-12-2018 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Emil St-Hilaire (Post 24419398)
It’s all over the T.V....not my cup of t...:LOL:

Emil, I suspect given the Canadian talent, Canada's coverage is probably better.

S2KRAY 02-12-2018 09:18 AM

Not a big fan of the Olympics. Too much bias, cheating and politics. The Russians have ruined it for me. And they are not the only country cheating with performance enhanced drugs. And I thought cycling was bad.

Legal Bill 02-12-2018 10:56 AM

I'm holding out until they add dodge ball!

Olympics may introduce dodgeball, pole dancing, and foosball - INSIDER

skunkworks 02-12-2018 11:11 AM

I love the Winter Olympics and watch as much as possible. Go USA!

Lainey 02-12-2018 11:28 AM

Would it be un-American to say I have about zero interest in the Olympics? I don't watch it at all, however, I do appreciate the efforts the athletes and their families put into getting to such an event. I do listen to the news and it is good to hear if USA is winning some medals.

PS, Dave, I think Matt Lauer is meeting with divorce lawyers trying to see how much $ he has to fork over.

Legal Bill 02-12-2018 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey (Post 24419515)
Would it be un-American to say I have about zero interest in the Olympics? I don't watch it at all, however, I do appreciate the efforts the athletes and their families put into getting to such an event. I do listen to the news and it is good to hear if USA is winning some medals.

PS, Dave, I think Matt Lauer is meeting with divorce lawyers trying to see how much $ he has to fork over.

Unless you like figure skating and snowboarding, there hasn't been much else to watch. And I don't care much for either of them. I tried to watch some skating, but the announcers are an odd collection and I don;t care for any of them or what they have to say. I think I can see when someone falls down and I know that isn't good for them.

I was intrigued for a bit by the "Olympic Athletes from Russia" issue, but now I'm over that as well.

UnkieTrunkie 02-12-2018 02:38 PM

Without conventional TV (no cable, no satellite, no standing antenna), I have no investment in seeing anything Olympic-related. That said, I was at my folks, and watched the biathlon and luge yesterday. The thing that'd make the biathlon even better is putting a heart rate monitor on the athletes and transmitting their heart rates (at least to the TV audience). The luge results were awesome mostly because of the US surprise, but I was rather annoyed that they didn't take the time out to analyze some of the better runs in more detail; it was more of a case of "hey, watch these folks go fast and we're not gonna tell you why. . . you're getting in the way of the ice skating which is ratings gold."

I wish they'd just get this stuff on pay-as-you-go or one-channel-per-sport, so if you want to watch ALL the curling, or ALL the ice dancing, or ALL the long-track speed skating, you can. We have the technology.