S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Best car cover for me?

Old 03-26-2008, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best car cover for me?

I live in an apartment complex surrounded by trees. Anywhere I park I'm parking under a tree pretty much. Needless to say my car stays outside 90% of the time. I'm looking for a cover that's good quality, weather resistant, and twig/branch resistant, and something that will fold up easily and fit in my trunk as I'll be using it everyday. I've been looking on cali car covers, and the superweave and noah look pretty good, but are there any better alternatives?
Old 03-26-2008, 02:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the honda cover is not waterproof, but it is a great soft cover- if i had to park outdoors, i would want it against my paint with a waterproof one over it.

but someone here will know more about the outdoor covers-
just make sure to keep the car clean under the cover to minimize swirls (a dirty car and a cover with a little wind is not a good combo
Old 03-26-2008, 03:45 PM

I just bought a California Car Cover in the StormWeave. It is suppose to arrive tomorrow. I ordered it friday. I'll let ya know how it is.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have seen other brands posted here too-
anyone out there got one that they have used?

as soon as c u nick uses his, we can get a calif car cover review-
Old 03-27-2008, 08:10 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Be careful when buying a car cover, some of the materials they use now are extremely bulky and are hard to store or wash. I believe the Noah type is actually a paper/poly. woven type. The company CoverCraft makes all different types specific to different needs and would be worth checking out.

Something to consider since this will be used outside exclusively. Purchase a fitted cover specifically for the S, nothing is worse than coming out to your car and finding the cover laying on the ground after a windy night! I don't know what the crime is like where you are, but car covers do get stolen, you may want to personalize/I.D. the cover before using it with a wide tip marker.

The color, exterior finsh of the cover will determine how resistant the cover is to UV rays, acid rain, dings and moisture. Research your options and needs carefully!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:03 PM

The biggest needs I have is that I can easily fit it my trunk and that it will protect against tree branches and such. Has anyone tried the science of speed cover?

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/ext..._cover/outdoor/
Old 03-28-2008, 08:34 AM

I have the noah, but never used it outside yet. It does actually feel like a kimberly clarke paper towel. The past couple of days I have been taking it off the car and folding it up to put in the trunk easily. It doesn't take up much more space than the tool well.

It sure feels like it would protect your car from leaves, sap, small branches, eggcorns etc... But I don't know about the waterproof part. On the tag is says noah and shows a picture that looks like it's saying "waterproof" but I can't confirm that. I'm interested to hear about the superweave though!
Old 03-29-2008, 12:12 PM

What does a kimberly clarke paper towel feel like?
Old 03-31-2008, 03:51 PM

just a normal paper towel... something you would use to soak up spills etc. A bit thicker than the stuff on the rolls though.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:20 PM
tof

Received 1,916 Likes on 1,308 Posts

I love CoverCraft, available for the S2000 with or without 2g wing. This is my third CoverCraft cover. Fit is outstanding and, unlike some covers, it includes an antenna pocket. (Some others have a hole for the antenna to poke through.)

You can get CoverCraft from californiacarcovers.com and on ebay. I got mine from an ebay store at the lowest price CoverCraft allows its resellers to charge and with free shipping. Around 180 shipped for a noah cover that cost 250 or more on some other on-line sources. Price included storage bag, cable, and lock.

There are only two materials I would consider...these are what CoverCraft calls them.

Noah (by Kimberly Clark) is a little bulky...Unless you really roll it tight it will fill about half the trunk. WeatherShield is much more compact but because it is a lot lighter it offers less bump protection and is harder to put on and take off on a breezy day. Neither is any fun on a really windy day.

Neither one is waterproof. Both are water repellant. Even after a rain your car will be clean, if a little damp. WeatherShield seems to be a little more water repellant. Both do a good job of filtering out rain born polutants. Any car cover that is completely waterproof probably won't breath properly and can harm your car's finish.

NEVER NEVER cover a car unless it is really clean. Even if this means carrying around a California Duster to clean off dust from your commute (True wash and wax fanatics may shudder at the use of such a device but I find it works fine on my silverstone) A car cover on a dirty car is a recipe for swirls, scratches, etc.

If you can't garage your car a good outdoor cover is an excellent investment.