S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Best Store For Auto Detailing Supplies?

Old 03-13-2006, 09:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best Store For Auto Detailing Supplies?

Hey Guys,

From your experience, which auto supply store seems to have the most/best auto detailing supplies? Kragen, Autozone, etc. Also, any idea what store carries meguiar's safe d greaser? I just read MikeyC's review and it inspired me to want to clean my engine bay this upcoming weekend!

Jim
Old 03-13-2006, 10:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

jim- my first choice is internet suppliers... mainly cause i can get exactly what i want. the only time i get stuff at brick and mortar is when i happen to be there for something else!

at the top of our board is a very detailed list of detail suppliers-
anything in particular that you are looking for?

you can get the meg products in los angeles at several auto parts places, but i am not an expert on which are the best.
here is a sample:
http://www.premiumautocare.com/meguiars-de...-greaser-1.html
Old 03-13-2006, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wanabe,Mar 13 2006, 02:54 PM
my first choice is internet suppliers... mainly cause i can get exactly what i want. the only time i get stuff at brick and mortar is when i happen to be there for something else!
the best place for detail supplies is the internet. Premium Auto Care is one of my favorites along with Autogeek & ProperAutoCare.com. However, there are many, many great detailing supply websites.

A distant second to the internet are paint & body shop supply stores. Most towns have one and you can find it in your yellow pages.

An even more distant third for detailing supplies are auto parts stores. Out of this category Pep Boys is my favorite because they have the largest selection of detailing products at least in my area.

Also, I'm really glad to hear that my review inspired you to keep your car nice & shiney!
Old 03-13-2006, 10:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want my opinion just based on local stores and not internet vendors, I'd say Autozone in my area. I am sure this varies by location though, just check out who stocks what. My Autozone has a large selection of Meguiar's products.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyC,Mar 13 2006, 03:08 PM
A distant second to the internet are paint & body shop supply stores. Most towns have one and you can find it in your yellow pages.
I agree with this. An actual paint supply store will have everything you need and then some.