S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Croftgate Aqua-Nil

Old 01-20-2017, 12:03 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Croftgate AquaNil-X

Last year my wife and I went to a friend's house in August and one of their neighbors apparently is the owner of Croftgate. Figuring he was a car guy we struck up some convo and started talking car care. My last S got porter cabled extensively once a year and this guy kept touting that what took me 10 hours to do he could do in 2. I let him ramble on for a few and finally, guessing that I seemed skeptical, he offered to send me some samples of his product to try. I agreed and about a week later I got the bottles you see (plus one more for tires) in the mail. I decided that the F150 would be the guinea pig, but I wanted a control to really see how well this stuff worked. After washing the truck, I split the hood down the middle, the left side receiving a coating of Lusso Oro wax (yeah...the $40 stuff) and the other side a wipe down of both products shown. Upon initial review, the hood did, both left and right sides, look shiny and good.

A few days go by and it rains. Looking at the hood the water beaded the same both left and right. Great. So the stuff works as good as wax, but how long does it last? Fast forward 3 months later and the Lusso was pretty much done. Water did not bead on the left side any more. The right side treated with the Croftgate products though still would bead, albeit not as good as when first applied. The test was pretty clear, the wash/wax + sealant did work and last longer than the wax. I wouldn't say it outperformed it, but it does last longer with the same performance results.

While this guy said the Aquanil-X stuff is a waterless wash (hence the name), and that's how he cuts down on his time, I am still not even comfortable to try this without washing and drying first. Call me old fashioned. I do like the results though, even if I'm doing it "the long way."

Just thought I would share.

Croftgate Aqua-Nil-kyyqm7a.jpg

Last edited by RedCelica; 01-20-2017 at 12:07 PM.