S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Favorite wax?

Old 05-13-2017, 07:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wolfgangs fusion wax , it's a wowo & will make any color vehicle pop. If u bump plastic trim it won't leave any residue & it smells great.. it seems to be the icing on my cake as all of my cars are coated with opti-coat pro & 1 other with cquartz finest.. and it will leave the tightest beads of water. Only con is its expensive, but once you run out , Wolfgang will refill it for life. Sorry for the sideways pics , posting from my iPhone , but here's a few pics from my arsenal.
Attached Thumbnails Favorite wax?-img_0559.jpg   Favorite wax?-img_2619.jpg   Favorite wax?-img_2626.jpg  
Old 05-15-2017, 03:34 AM

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

for anyone who has a daily driver that really wants to keep it protected

you cant go wrong with either Chemical guys jet seal which contains tons of uv blockers
i also like to use sonax polymer net shield.

but if your looking for something with amazing water beading and water flying right off with quick application you can not go wrong with adams h2o guard and gloss, by far the easiest to apply and usually dont have to re apply till every 3rd or 4th wash. check it out

Old 05-15-2017, 07:45 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I really like Sonax PNS too. My only qualm about it is that pollen neutralizes it.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

menzerna power lock sealant

then i use Meguair's Synthetic Xpress Spray wax after washes as a maintenance

why use sealant over wax? because sealant lasts longer. it takes a long time to properly wash and lay down the wax , i rather not have to do it every few weeks.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:40 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Griot's BOSS sealant, big fan.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:59 PM

I'm a huge fan of Pinnacle and Wolfgang products. I use the Pinnacle liquid wax usually by HAND, but have done machine...only after CLAY BARING THE WHOLE CAR DOWN. I usually in spring and fall use the Wolfgang Total Swirl 3.0 (If the paint is bad start with their UBER Compound which is amazing and won't hurt clear coat but will knock out all but the deepest scratches if you work it with the right pad), Wolfgang Finish Glaze, all three by Machine......finished with Wolfgang Deep Gloss 3.0 Sealant. That will get you almost new shine and over 6 months of protection and if you know how to maintain your car this is a 2 times a year process. On top of that I use the Pinnacle Liquid wax as needed. The Sealant doesn't give you as deep a GLOSS as wax, but the wax alone doesn't protect the pain as long.

My 2 cents.

Here is a 200K car with a "less than stellar" re-spray I just picked up and polished out using the process above with a basic 6 speed Porter Cable Polisher and good foam pads:
Old 05-24-2017, 05:47 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

I have been using the Autoglym line of products from the UK and have no complaints, the wax will last for a year but the car is only outside during the summer months and always parked in the garage unless the sun is shinning and I am in the seat.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:50 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Dundertaker
I'm a huge fan of Pinnacle and Wolfgang products. I use the Pinnacle liquid wax usually by HAND, but have done machine...only after CLAY BARING THE WHOLE CAR DOWN. I usually in spring and fall use the Wolfgang Total Swirl 3.0 (If the paint is bad start with their UBER Compound which is amazing and won't hurt clear coat but will knock out all but the deepest scratches if you work it with the right pad), Wolfgang Finish Glaze, all three by Machine......finished with Wolfgang Deep Gloss 3.0 Sealant. That will get you almost new shine and over 6 months of protection and if you know how to maintain your car this is a 2 times a year process. On top of that I use the Pinnacle Liquid wax as needed. The Sealant doesn't give you as deep a GLOSS as wax, but the wax alone doesn't protect the pain as long.

My 2 cents.

Here is a 200K car with a "less than stellar" re-spray I just picked up and polished out using the process above with a basic 6 speed Porter Cable Polisher and good foam pads:
Nice skills.
The following users liked this post:
Dundertaker (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by dedonderosa
Meguiars NXT 2.0 by far still gives the best shine out of anything else ive ever used (20+ waxes)
This!
Old 06-20-2017, 10:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I tried jet seal and like it so much that I've decided I can skip wax. Now looking into ceramic coating for longer lasting protection. Is cquartz the way to go?

does hydro2 offer additional protection or is it more for looks? I don't care about it being shiny.

Quick Reply: Favorite wax?