S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Mothers Clay Bar 2.0

Old 06-23-2018, 05:46 AM

Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Mothers Clay Bar 2.0

I'm curious what your experiences are with this product on the finish of your S2000's. I have been using it on various cars for a few months and just recently tried it on my own S2000 and I was very happy with the results. I usually just use soapy wash water instead of spray detailer since it seems to work just fine and is much cheaper. The only thing I have noticed is that the S2000 doesn't get quite as "slippery" as other cars I have used it on and I am wondering if the paint may be a bit softer. The nice thing about this product is that I can do a complete wash, clay and wax in under an hour and there is certainly something to be said for that. More road time.

I have four uses on mine and I think you are supposed to get seven or eight depending on the size of car. One cool thing is that if you drop it, it rinses completely clean.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:43 AM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by IA-SteveB
I'm curious what your experiences are with this product on the finish of your S2000's. I have been using it on various cars for a few months and just recently tried it on my own S2000 and I was very happy with the results. I usually just use soapy wash water instead of spray detailer since it seems to work just fine and is much cheaper. The only thing I have noticed is that the S2000 doesn't get quite as "slippery" as other cars I have used it on and I am wondering if the paint may be a bit softer. The nice thing about this product is that I can do a complete wash, clay and wax in under an hour and there is certainly something to be said for that. More road time.

I have four uses on mine and I think you are supposed to get seven or eight depending on the size of car. One cool thing is that if you drop it, it rinses completely clean.
That is a cool thing! You normally have to throw it away if it drops. I have gotten good results with a generic clay bar. It was much cheaper than the Meguiars version but I wonder if that one may have slid easier than the generic product.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:42 AM

I sure do like them. It seems to work the same whether you use soapy water versus spray detailer. Obviously it is cheaper with water. I really can't see myself going back to an actual bar after using this.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:36 PM

I sure do like them. It seems to work the same whether you use soapy water versus spray detailer. Obviously it is cheaper with water. I really can't see myself going back to an actual bar after using this.
Definitely cheaper with car shampoo and water

How often would you clay your car?
Old 06-26-2018, 05:54 AM

Just twice a year. I typically do it when a car comes out of storage and before it goes in storage in the late fall. I usually do a full wax every driving month and just dust it off and spray detail between. I don't really need to wash it since it never sees the elements.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:18 PM

Just twice a year. I typically do it when a car comes out of storage and before it goes in storage in the late fall. I usually do a full wax every driving month and just dust it off and spray detail between. I don't really need to wash it since it never sees the elements.
That's cool. I think I'll clay mine twice a year too. The first time I got my S2K I spent nearly 5 straight hours detailing her (full detail, wash, clay, wash again, polish, remove polish then rinse the car once more to remove static and finally wax to seal). Excellent results! I wash it frequently in the summer when the rains come more often but in winter I use quik detailer between washes. I also use a car cover from time to time.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:39 AM

The BEST spray detailer I have found is Surf City Garage Hot Rod Protective Detailer (pink stuff). It is expensive but crazy good. I used to find it at WalMart for under ten bucks but it seems that it is online only now for $17+. Maybe not but I no longer see it on shelves anywhere I go.

I also use their Voodoo leather cleaner/treatment. Magic.

Last edited by IA-SteveB; 06-28-2018 at 07:45 AM.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:54 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey, I figured I'd chime in. Let me start off by saying that I love detailing vehicles. If you want a great detail spray or a really slick clay bar lubricant, I recommend Wolfgang Uber rinseless wash. Dilute it accordingly to how you want to use it with distilled water, put it in a spray bottle and enjoy.
The following users liked this post:
RolanTHUNDER (06-28-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 10:01 PM

The BEST spray detailer I have found is Surf City Garage Hot Rod Protective Detailer (pink stuff). It is expensive but crazy good. I used to find it at WalMart for under ten bucks but it seems that it is online only now for $17+. Maybe not but I no longer see it on shelves anywhere I go.

I also use their Voodoo leather cleaner/treatment. Magic.
How well does that Voodoo treatment work?
Old 06-28-2018, 10:33 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I've used Kenotek Showroom Shine lately from Detailers Domain and holy smokes is that stuff awesome. Great shine, nice finish, easy to apply and holds up pretty well if a decent base of sealant already on the car.
Also, rather than clay, I've started turning to Nanoskin pads. they're faster, and do the exact same thing, but do not need remolding and are reusable for quite some time before needing to be tossed.
Their own lubricant, Glide, is concentrated so you dilute it as needed so it goes quite a long way.

I've found that I can "clay" a car in half the time with a Nanoskin.

Quick Reply: Mothers Clay Bar 2.0