S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Wash and Wax (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-wash-wax-15/)
-   -   Pics of a Zaino-ed Sukuka Blue?? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-wash-wax-15/pics-zaino-ed-sukuka-blue-67530/)

germ79 06-17-2002 06:42 PM

Pics of a Zaino-ed Sukuka Blue??

I have just put a deposit on a Sukuka Blue that is supposed to be here in 2 weeks. I want to try Zaino, but cannot find any pics of a Suzuka Blue that has been Zaino-ed. I've searched and searched, so if anyone has any pics or can point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful! Thanks!

germ79 06-18-2002 05:04 AM

C'mon, I know someone out there has Zaino-ed their blue baby...

VinceD 06-18-2002 12:11 PM

Yeah, I wanna see one, too!

I've got Zaino on order, but yea, c'mon Zaino'd Suzukas! Show and tell! :D

-V.

germ79 06-19-2002 07:36 AM

So am I to believe that there is no one on s2ki.com that has a Suzuka Blue S that has been Zaino-ed? Well, I guess I'll just be the hero in a couple weeks when I post my pictures!:LOL:

stenoslave 06-19-2002 08:04 AM

Go to the last post in the thread "Any Long-Term Zaino Worries?"

tak 06-19-2002 08:38 AM

I don't have a picture but I can tell you my experience. Had my Suzuka Blue S2k for about a month now. My Zaino arrived on friday. I spent all Saturday and most of Sunday working on applying the Zaino (ZFX, Z2, Z5, Z6, Claybar Z18, etc). I used the claybar, did 1 coat Z5, and 3 coats of Z2. I didn't think it was any better than Zymol. Now I know that there are UV protectants so I know it is better than Zymol (which is just Carnuba) but I really can't justify the cost of Zaino. Also, thought I would mention that the Zaino did not stay any cleaner (resist getting dirty) when driven.

Now I know that I will be upseting some Zaino-holics out there... this is just my opinion. :)

KTS SUZUKA 06-21-2002 08:29 AM

here's a link to some pics of my car and others from a recent auto-x event.

honestly, zaino doesn't make much difference in the appearance of metallic paints, but i still swear by the stuff

germ79 06-21-2002 08:46 AM

honestly, zaino doesn't make much difference in the appearance of metallic paints, but i still swear by the stuff
I hope it does something, because I just placed a $94 order earlier in the week!

Thanx for the pics!

KTS SUZUKA 06-21-2002 08:52 AM

applying zaino before auto-x helps get the cone scuff marks off afterwards! plus the stuff lasts forever and you can layer it without having to worry about it yellowing (carnanuba wax yellows). i apply a layer of Z-2 every other month to my beater which sits outdoors 24 hours a day and i wash it every other week. that's all it needs. their wheel/tire gloss and leather products are good too.

one application tip - you don't need much of the stuff at all. in most lighting, you should barely be able to see what you just applied, if at all. if it's easy to see, you're using too much. remember, some people are able to get 15-20+ applications from one tiny bottle.

tak 06-21-2002 09:41 AM

Thanks for not blasting me for my negative review of Zaino. It appears there are so many that will not allow a contrary opinion about the stuff. (So much so that I kinda think the Zaino people are creating Ids here and posting replies themselves.)

I will say that Zaino is definately good stuff (because it is), but it is definately getting more hype than what it is worth. I like their Tire Dressing and ClayBar but Z-2 / Z-5 / and Z-6 don't live up to the hype. (At least not with my Suzuka Blue - metalic)

BTW, I too spent a boat-load on Zaino.... don't feel like you are alone. :cry: