San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

anyone have a AEM EMS series 2 in SD?

Old 12-15-2010, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have a AEM EMS series 2 in SD?

anyone have it in sd? ill pay you 25 buck to let me put it in my car for 10-15 min. i want to see if my problem is the ecu itself or something else. all i need is your ecu and i just need to upload my calibration on it. ill save your calibration and ill reupload it back when im done. All i need is 15 min with it.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:27 PM

remember that if your ecu failed due to a short in the system then it could also harm the EMS !!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:25 PM

it was like this when i got it 3 months ago. same issue from the start. so im just trying to find out if it really the ecu or it's my car
Old 12-15-2010, 07:54 PM

What are your symptoms?
Old 12-15-2010, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Liemoanh,Dec 15 2010, 08:54 PM
What are your symptoms?
check this thread out, explain the problem in detail with video

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=834053
Old 12-17-2010, 04:49 PM

After briefly reading through your other thread, I've concluded that I can't help you.

I was going to state that since your starting problems only happens intermittently, the cause was most likely your battery considering it's size, location (heat), and time of cause which is only after you have driven or first started the car.

All that goes down the drain when you stated that you can simply plug back in your OEM ECU and the car will start right up considering your doing this when the problem arises. If so, the culprit would seem to lay within the AEM EMS, particularly the settings. Being that I am not familiar with setting up or let alone tuning an EMS, I can't really help you.

I know you've heard this more then once, but your best bet is to take it to an AEM tuner. Maybe Church Automotive Tuning.........good luck man.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Banned

so did the grounding points help out?
Old 12-21-2010, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by d-craft,Dec 20 2010, 02:47 PM
so did the grounding points help out?
i havn't got a chance to add new grounding points but i will do it after it stop raining. but im pretty sure what you told was right. thanks Gary.

for some reason, it doesn't do it anymore even without those grounding point haha. but either way, im putting those ground cable on soon. I need to find a good grounding kit or wires though.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Liemoanh,Dec 17 2010, 05:49 PM
After briefly reading through your other thread, I've concluded that I can't help you.

I was going to state that since your starting problems only happens intermittently, the cause was most likely your battery considering it's size, location (heat), and time of cause which is only after you have driven or first started the car.

All that goes down the drain when you stated that you can simply plug back in your OEM ECU and the car will start right up considering your doing this when the problem arises. If so, the culprit would seem to lay within the AEM EMS, particularly the settings. Being that I am not familiar with setting up or let alone tuning an EMS, I can't really help you.

I know you've heard this more then once, but your best bet is to take it to an AEM tuner. Maybe Church Automotive Tuning.........good luck man.
i think got it fixed thanks anyways. Gary from D-craft helped me out when he was at the pann auto meet. there was to much resistance in the ground wires which lead to low voltage drop and the aem ems didn't like it. I had only a ground wire from negative terminal to chassy. adding grounding from negative to back of intake manifold seem to help so far.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by vietdragontekx,Dec 21 2010, 01:15 AM
there was to much resistance in the ground wires which lead to low voltage drop and the aem ems didn't like it.
Nice!

If simply adding an additional ground solves your problem, than all is well.

I'm now wondering why there was too much resistence to begin with. If all grounds from the factory (I don't recall how many) were in place, it should have been adequate enough to supply enough voltage to the AEM without the drop. Therefore, I think the extra heat that is generated by the turbo was and still is a big factor in which you should think about.

Going back to my turbo S2000 days, I should have done the following.......fab a heat shield/air duct for the turbo to reduce heat, relocate the battery (trunk) away from the turbo because of heat, and loctite (blue) all bolts pertaining to the turbo kit because of vibrations (9k rpms). Since I understand you purchased your S2000 already turboed, these are merely suggestions and should be taken as so.

How much power are you putting down? I was pushing 328 rwhp (forgot tq) on and it was a blast to drive while it lasted.

Quick Reply: anyone have a AEM EMS series 2 in SD?