San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

K1 RACING

Old 10-25-2005, 06:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry I didn't get to posting sooner on a track day, but it's been difficult to decide which of the dates to go because of a changing schedule with Honda-Cup. HC has now decided to make this weekend's races at Buttonwillow non-points events because most racers can't make it (SEMA), so I've just decided to skip them also and go to the SpeedVentures trackday instead this Friday, Oct. 28, at Streets of Willow. I realize this is very short notice, but maybe if even one or two of you could make it to this one you can then share the experience and get a larger group out to one of the two remaining events (Nov 18 or Dec 9) when we have more time to organize. Hope I see you on Friday. If you can't make it I understand with the so short notice.

http://www.speedventures.net/ (see upcoming events)

Please shoot me any questions about what's needed, though the FAQ is also a helpful link on that site.

Richard
Old 10-25-2005, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Richard,

Wish I could make it this weekend but I don't have my car! Several of us are planning on going to the November 18th event, time to start buying brake pads guys! Who's in?

BTW they don't ever provide helmets right?

Justin
Old 10-25-2005, 10:46 AM

Richard,
I'm heading to the tracks on the 12th of Nov. SOW. i'm pretty sure its a speed trials event. i would be totally down on the 28th if i wasn't going so soon.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They don't provide helmets, though sometimes you could borrow one. But you should get your own as proper fit is very important. A motorcycle helmet will pass for this type of event, but SA rated helmets are much preferred.

One of the big differences with SpeedVentures over other groups is that they offer AMB timing (for $20) so you can see your laptime for every lap of every session, and everyone else's. Monitoring your laptimes is key to improving.

For first-timers a stock car is likely to do fine. If you're going to do any upgrades, then high-temp brake fluid and pads are all that's recommended.

edit: Here's a thread on this event on R&C forum: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...ic=331716&st=0
Old 10-26-2005, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by rlaifatt,Oct 25 2005, 10:59 AM
They don't provide helmets, though sometimes you could borrow one. But you should get your own as proper fit is very important. A motorcycle helmet will pass for this type of event, but SA rated helmets are much preferred.

One of the big differences with SpeedVentures over other groups is that they offer AMB timing (for $20) so you can see your laptime for every lap of every session, and everyone else's. Monitoring your laptimes is key to improving.

For first-timers a stock car is likely to do fine. If you're going to do any upgrades, then high-temp brake fluid and pads are all that's recommended.

edit: Here's a thread on this event on R&C forum: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...ic=331716&st=0
We need a tech day here so I can change my stuff over...Woot Woot....track time...
Old 10-26-2005, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Xpresso2am,Oct 26 2005, 01:06 AM
We need a tech day here so I can change my stuff over...Woot Woot....track time...
Ask PeterBinSD and then set it up to go with track day.

Patricia
Old 10-26-2005, 05:32 PM

Start a new thread please. The topic has changed.

Patricia