San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

rental car

Old 02-25-2008, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rental car

yea im an idiot and i dont know how this whole thing goes down

well lets start from the beginning

my car was in a 5 car pile up this past weekend and is in need of repairs. so i called the insurance company blah blah blah etc etc.

i dropped it off today to get worked on, but now i dont have a car. i do have rental reinburstment on my policy. the thing is i really dont have the money to pay the rental fees up front and wait for the reinburstment.

can i just go to any rental car place and tell them to bill my insurance company?
having no car sucks

unless someone wants to loan me their s for the time being lol..or any other car.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:08 PM

The place that is doing the bodywork should set you up with all that. Then they bill the insurance when they send them the bodywork stuff.. Or at least that's what happened at every bodyshop I have dealt with. Usually they have special rates setup with the rental companies.

In my opinion, you should never have to pay anything out of pocket except the deductable, unless you have a crappy insurance company. Who do you have?
Old 02-25-2008, 06:16 PM
AP2

with me, wawanesa took care of everything. i just drove down to enterprise, signed my name on the paper and they gave me keys to a maxima.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:25 PM

My insurance company covers $25 per day up to 30 days I believe. I usually rent the cheapest car they have and policy should cover most of the charges. Insurance on rentals are covered under extra vehicle so don't opt to purchase the rental company's insurance. Talk to your insurance company and ask which rental companies they reccommend. I usually go with Enterprise.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:14 PM

yea i have wawa as an insurance company. 25 a day for up to 750.

imma call enterprise and see about the details.

as for the car, the damages totaled 5300 =X. 12 days before i get her back...and they wont pay to fix my j's half lip

anyone know a good cheap place to fix a cf j's half lip?
Old 02-26-2008, 05:17 PM

Its hard to repair CF. Very =(

25 dollars a day, up to 30 days for a maximum of 750.

You may ask enterprise to charge wawa but you have to talk to your adj about that and advise them that funds are pretty low. Either or, if you do have to pay for it out of pocket first, they only charge you after you return the vehicle and reinburstment takes about a week

Im looking at your claim right now lol

Loss date: 2/23/08
Assign Date: 2/25/08
Adjuster. R.L
Claim # 59XXXX

Old 02-26-2008, 05:33 PM

hahaha wassup don

i was planning on hitting you up to ask you about this.
so i can call my adjuster to see if i can get it billed directly to wawa? hmm. i might try that. how do i get in touch with my adjuster?

i dont need the cf part of the lip fixed. just patch up the holes and what not, and maybe get it painted for a couple of sandwiches
Old 02-27-2008, 09:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This really begs the question...

What did you do to be found at fault in a 5-car pileup?
Old 02-27-2008, 09:27 AM

I wasn't at fault. I was the second to last car to get affected by the accident.the rx300 that was 3 cars behind me was the one who ran into the truck in front of him to initiate the chain of events
Old 02-28-2008, 11:59 AM

i used to work for HLE, so let me chim in on how the rental car companies work when it comes to "insurance replacement rentals"

if the insurance company approves you for $25 a day, that'll probably get you anything up to a mid or full size vehicle, depending on what the rental car company has available at the time. most of the time, they'll probably try to stick you in a compact or a mid size cause they want to save the better cars for other customers that's willing to pay more than the little amount that the insurance companies approved. but if they have nothing else, they'll just give you what they have on the lot. so sometimes, you may get lucky, or sometimes, they'll just try to upsell you to a bigger and more "bling" type of car and ask you to pay for the difrerence.

DO NOT think the rental car company or insurance company is obligated (unless specified otherwise on your policy) to give you an equivalent when you bring in a bmw to the shop. and throwing a fit will just annoy them more, and they'll be less anthusiastic to help you when you need additional help.

other than that, you should have no problem getting a replacement rental.

Quick Reply: rental car