Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

BUYER BEWARE: datbino

Old 09-30-2014, 05:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BUYER BEWARE: datbino

Burton Porter
267-728-0357
burt_porter@hotmail.com

I contacted Burton Porter (datbino on S2ki) about a K&N FIPK and K Sport coilover set he was selling. We agreed on a price of $525 for the coils and the intake. The original plan was for him to drive from Elizabeth City, NC to Raleigh, NC to drop-off the parts. His plan was to bring his stock intake and swap it for the K&N in the parking lot. We agree on a time on Saturday to meet and proceed with the deal. When he shows up, turns out he forgot his stock intake and would be willing to ship me the K&N when he gets back home. Seems fine to me. I say I'll take both items for the $525 we discussed, all of a sudden the story changes. He thought the deal was for the coils only and not the intake (see Agreement on Price 1 and 2 attachment). After showing him the text messages, he agrees to the deal for the coils and intake, promising to ship me the intake when he gets back home.

A few days go by and I haven't received the intake. I'm getting the run-around from him and he finally admits to not having the necessary pieces to install his stock intake and agrees to refund $190 for the K&N which, he says, is the asking price for the intake (see Offering $190 refund attachment). The actual asking price of the intake is $200 (https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1096869-my-fs-thread/). I bring this up multiple times and get no response. Since I didn't receive a Paypal payment for the refund of the intake, I requested money from him through Paypal, which went unanswered.

He then says he'll meet me on Sunday to pick up the coils and refund my money completely. Since I'm tired of dealing with the run-around, I agree and ask him a time to meet up on Sunday, no response. (see Agreement to Get Coilovers, Agreement to Meet on Sunday and Meeting on Sunday attachment).

I really don't want to drag this on but since he's avoiding all communications and not following through with what he said, I feel I should warn other potential buyers. Apparently he does most of his business on Facebook, but since I'm not on Facebook, I can't verify this.
Attached Thumbnails BUYER BEWARE:  datbino-agreement-price.png   BUYER BEWARE:  datbino-agreement-price-2.png   BUYER BEWARE:  datbino-agree-refund-k-n-1.png   BUYER BEWARE:  datbino-agree-refund-k-n-2.png   BUYER BEWARE:  datbino-offering-%24190-refund.png  

BUYER BEWARE:  datbino-meeting-sunday.png   BUYER BEWARE:  datbino-agreement-get-coilovers.png   BUYER BEWARE:  datbino-agreement-meet-sunday.png  
Old 09-30-2014, 06:17 AM

I would have just told him to trade intakes with you and pay only $125 for the intake instead of the $200 he was asking for.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:22 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

ugh...that just sounds awful. Hopefully someone on Facebook can help you out with this.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:26 AM

I would greatly appreciate if those of you with Facebook could spread the word. I want to make sure others know about what he does.

According to another text from Burton, he has made his Facebook followers aware of what's going on in this situation. Doesn't matter what he says, I have the texts, they don't lie.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by mugen_rsx09
I would have just told him to trade intakes with you and pay only $125 for the intake instead of the $200 he was asking for.
I wanted to keep my stock intake. The original deal was very simple, cash for parts. I didn't want to get my parts involved.

He did offer me $50 for my intake, I declined. Refunds should be easier.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by J-Speed Inc.
Originally Posted by mugen_rsx09' timestamp='1412086643' post='23350607
I wanted to keep my stock intake. The original deal was very simple, cash for parts. I didn't want to get my parts involved.

He did offer me $50 for my intake, I declined. Refunds should be easier.
Yeah he should just refund you then. Buy a brand new K&N intake problem solved.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:51 AM

I'd prefer the complete refund and walk away from this disaster, as he already offered and I accepted but never came to fruition. Seems he does allot of talking and little to no action. Also seems to forget the details such as the price of his own parts.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as should be noted, I drove another 8 hours yesterday, refunded his entire purchase, and took the coils back. any further questions about what happened can now be an open book
Old 10-14-2014, 06:11 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by datbino
as should be noted, I drove another 8 hours yesterday, refunded his entire purchase, and took the coils back. any further questions about what happened can now be an open book

if you didn't like his offer or didn't want to drive 8 hours then why did you accept his offer in the first place....?
Old 10-14-2014, 06:17 AM

datbino, thanks for refunding the purchase and taking the coils back, however, don't expect me to do any business with you in the future.

To others thinking of doing business with datbino, please beware. Many situations involving this seller won't make sense and the details won't be followed. Before I met up with Burton this past Saturday, he informed me he didn't show up to our meeting the previous Sunday because his phone and keys were stolen on the night of our first meeting.

The stories don't add up and aren't worth figuring out.

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE: datbino