Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

Be careful with Moonsoul!

Old 12-08-2009, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Be careful with Moonsoul!

So ive taken a while to post this up here but here goes.

I picked up an exhaust from Moonsoul aka Raymond not too long ago and i only had it on the car for a little over week before a buddy of mine noticed a hairline crack along one of the welds while we were installing a set of wheels. This is the first exhaust ive purchased from someone so you could say i probably didn't look at the part well enough before i bought it because i was anxious to get home and install it. lol
I am not stupid however and i know an exhaust doesn't crack like that in a week. First of all, my car isn't low at all, and ive never bottomed out at all. As i look at the exhaust a bit more, i notice that where the crack is, the weld is very sloppy. This exhaust is an Amuse and all of their welds are flush and perfect, but where the crack is, it isn't so pretty. Which leads me to believe that this exhaust cracked before. I immediately contacted Moonsoul about this and of course his response is that he didn't know about any cracks. I don't doubt that he didn't know because the crack was pretty thin, but i told him, that because he now knows about it, he should do something about it because he's the seller and he sold a bad part. He then says that he shouldn't have to do anything because i probably broke it. LOL....in a week?? You would have to be the worst driver bottoming out everywhere to brake an exhaust that quickly!!! I then tried to be cool about the situation and said that im not looking for a full refund but all i ask is that he assist in the cost to repair the exhaust. Maybe only $50 out of his pocket. He then tells me hes sorry about all this and will not be helping at all. So long story short im out quite a bit of cash and have a broken exhaust. I'm not trying to bash Raymond, but i do warn people to really look at what your buying from him before you make any decisions because he's just out to make a quick buck and doesn't care about his customers. Oh and highly advise not getting anything shipped from him. Never know what you might get.

-Greg
Old 12-08-2009, 07:49 PM

i doubt it will cost $50 bucks to repair.. the exhaust isnt broken.. maybe posting pics would help us understand the situation and help you find a resolution.. u bought used parts, if you paid retail for it then i would make sure to get some money back...because it saved you some money from buying new.. jsut take it to an exhaust shop and get it taken care of if its a problem.

used is used.. expect used condition. sorry for the bad experience tho.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:02 PM

Sorry to hear...but its just another case of carefully checking out the item before purchase (local transaction.) That exhaust has been passed around to several owners within a matter of months.

I know a few titanium welders that can fix it. PM me if you need help.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:23 PM

^ cool thnx. Could you pm me some info on those welders?
Old 12-12-2009, 06:48 AM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

So is this thread really about Moonsoul being a bad seller?

If not, is it fair to have this thread exist?

Old 12-12-2009, 11:35 AM

this thread is about my experience with dealing with Moonsoul.
This is where you post your feedback about a seller, right?
Old 12-12-2009, 04:58 PM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

Actually, it's apparent to me that this was a totally 'buyer beware' situation. You saw the exhaust in person, you made your decision to purchase.

If it started breaking after you owned it, it's not really the fault of the seller. If it didn't leak for the first week you had it...it's his word vs. your word thing. How do we truely know that you didn't bottom out, or drop it on install, etc.?

You've called Moonsoul out in the thread title, and then in your description go on to suggest that he probably didn't know about the crack.

In any case, you called him out. If you do a search, there have been high end parts in the past that have manufacture defects from the factory. This could very well be one of those.

As a mod of this forum, I don't warrant this as a 'Beware of seller' thread. I'd actually scratch this one up to 'Beware of Buyer'. Sorry, this is how I perceive it.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:54 AM

W/e man. im just gonna get it fixed and take my losses. I know i cant prove that he did anything, i just hope that those who do know me will take my word for it and just double and triple check anything they purchase from this guy. For anyone else, go ahead and take a chance. I didnt say everything he sold was bad, or that hes a scammer,i just said be careful when buying from him because he doesnt mind selling broken parts. Im partly to blame for not really checking it thoroughly so im looking at this as a good learning experience.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:02 AM

In all honesty dude, I'm sorry to hear about ur experience but ur experience should be warranted to all sellers. U didn't do what you should have done when buying it, if you would have inspected it and found the crack at the time of purchase I'm sure this moonsoul guy would have worked the price down for you. This is a general rule of thumb when buying any used item.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:46 PM

It's up to you, as a buyer, to check everything out before handing over the money. Yet, the seller should disclose anything that is wrong. But as the buyer, you should be more careful.

Quick Reply: Be careful with Moonsoul!