Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

Chaser Aero, horrible company!

Old 03-02-2011, 09:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Chaser Aero, horrible company!

Hey guys, some of you may remember but I posted in 1 of the last 2 bad feedback threads for Chaser Aero. I ordered a front bumper from them a while back and everything seemed fine. I got it and the finish was wavy and had pin holes in it in several places, so it would have to be filled in several places to get it smooth. I ignored that for then and went for a test fit. The bumper did not fit at all! (I can e-mail anyone actual fitment pics if you like). I even went out of my way and trimmed several peices, and bent it until it started cracking just trying to make it fit with no luck. I talked to the current sales rep at the time (Shawn) and he pretty much told me it was my fault it didn't fit (when it shouldnt even take what I did to make it fit). I requested a refund, and I ended up bombing their thread with fitment pics and my issues with them. Shawn called me and yelled at me, then told me I better delete every post I have made in their threads or they won't give me a refund. They finally gave me a partial refund, and I left my posts since that was ridiculous.

Now on to the current issue, Chaser now has a new sales rep (don't remember his name) but i've posted in a few of their threads advertising their front bumper that I previously purchased, and I said it didn't fit at all and I can send fitment pics to the people interested. I posted maybe 2-3 times in a month or so, and Chaser sent me a PM saying I better stop posting in their threads and to mind my own business..WTF! Also every bad post I see in their threads they just report to a Mod and they get deleted for some reason..including mine when I don't even say anything bad. So I sent them a PM back since I wasnt very happy with this, and they go on to insult me about stupid things. Also the new current sales rep even said sorry if Russ messed up before (he obviously doesn't know what he's talking about because I did business with Shawn) and he even told me where Russ currently works if I have a problem with him. What kind of comapany will tell a mad previous customer where the person they are pissed at currently works? Very very unprofessional of them. You can't even say they have a bad fitting part in their threads anymore because they just run away from all of their problems and get the posts deleted.

So all in all, just letting you know what kind of company it is and all they have done to me. Do NOT buy from Chaser, they are all in it for the money, not for the love of cars or the customers. Also most of their parts have fitment issues including their bumpers and most hardtops.

Hope this helps some of the people that were thinking about buying some of their items, maybe take a second thought before you pull the trigger on something.

Thanks for reading my rant.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha, i remember their IS style thread got locked. now, they started to advertisd again. btw, do you mind to post that terrible fitment picture again?
Old 03-02-2011, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by s2000vtecvtec
haha, i remember their IS style thread got locked. now, they started to advertisd again. btw, do you mind to post that terrible fitment picture again?
Haha yeah, I can post them as soon as I get home from work tonight.

If anyone is looking for a decent fitting ASM style front, the best you will get is from Shine. They are already pre-drilled, and fit 9.5/10 out of the box, which is awesome for a replica without modifications. Many people get them and just bolt them on, and they fit great.

Chaser did do a bumper install when I was complaining about mine at the time, and the did actually get it on the car..BUT they failed to say they re-fiberglassed parts, didn't bolt it up nicely to the spash shields, trimmed huge amounts of fiberglass off, and then bent it so far it caused spider cracks all over in the bumper. I actually talked to the guy they installed the bumper on, he called me up on the phone and he said it was horrible and they didn't say anything about the spider cracks and such until I confronted them, all they said is that they can easily be fixed (which is a lie). When spider cracks form in fiberglass it's due to extreme force in that area, and if you just fiberglass over it they will come back after a month of being on the car. Also imagine hitting a curb or scraping it or anything, it would form spider cracks in your fresh paint like nothing because that bumper is under so much stress from being installed.

Also the "deal" we made then was, if they could get one of those bumpers on without modification, they i'll take my loss and go. If they had to mod the bumper to fit, not "off the shelf" then they would give me a full refund. Well when they did it, like I said they failed to say anything, then pretty much told me to F off because they "got it to fit" even though they hacked that bumper up and it wasn't properly fit onto the car.

Pretty ridiculous!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:00 PM

Okay guys well the awesome Mods are at it again, they just keep deleting all of my posts in their threads, and then just say "someone needs to learn how to spell ridiculous" I hope this won't be locked or shut down by them also, which would be dumb when I have all the right to post my experiences, and how the fitment is of the product they are selling. I guess they just want you guys to buy crappy fitting products..nice!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:32 PM

i just keep laughing every time when i see that fitment picture. btw, i don't mean to sarcasm your terrible experience.

the ridiculous thing is that chaser is allowed to advertise the same garbage again after that thread got locked.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:49 PM

Lol, yeah that is exactly why I started speaking up in their new thread. All i'm doing is watching out for the s2000 community and don't want people to make a mistake like I did. I still don't get why they just keep deleting every bad post about them, and not just mine. Also I think it's funny Chaser said they would have fitment pics on Monday, it's now the end of Wednesday. So yeah, I didn't even post much in that thread, but what really just pissed me off now was the PM they sent me like I said in the first post and they just keep deleting anything bad that someone has to say about them.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:19 PM

Thats pretty messed up. I think they probably see Chaser as a money member and that's why they delete ur posts. They rather make the money and have them as a vendor
Old 03-02-2011, 03:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sucks

whats worst is that the mods clearly care about the site getting paid then members getting ripped off.

yet if it wasnt for members, there would be no site.

my posts used to get deleted when i would call people out on advertising fake bride seats as legit ones.

mods here are a joke
Old 03-02-2011, 04:19 PM

Yeah I don't get it.

Here are a few of those pics for you guys as far as actual fitment.

Here in the first pic is where I marked what I needed to cut off, and the second pic shows it after I trimmed that huge peice off (it hit on the crash bar and wouldnt even get close to going on).

Here is just a pic in the corner by the driver side headlight. There were marks like this everywhere on the bumper that needed filled to smooth it out. I don't have any good pics, but the bumper was also very wavy and uneven in places.

Okay then after I trimmed that huge peice off (the bumper also sit in the August sun for 2 days before attempting to install. Chaser said the bumper is bendable and need to sit in the sun for a few hours before installing to get it on which is obviously BS. This is literally as far as it would go before I could hear loud cracking noises so I stopped). Also if you look at the 2nd pic, even if it mounted up, the lines would look terrible since the edges are rounded where the bumper meets the fender between the hood and headlights.

Here I measuered the difference where the hole for the headlights were (OEM vs Chaser), you can obviously tell that there would be a problem with the Chaser bumper unless you bent each end of the bumper outward a ton, and even then it would be under so much stress it would end up spider cracking or just cracking the whole bumper.

OEM

Chaser

Old 03-09-2011, 10:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Horrible! What a nightmare. It's obvious Chaser is not a reputable company to do business with.

I have heard a countless number of problems with their customer service and their products...firsthand.

And shame on the mods for deleting the posts. Can one speak up and let us know what is going on? How can this be tolerated?

Quick Reply: Chaser Aero, horrible company!