Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

-LostMarine- AVOID!

Old 08-11-2018, 06:59 AM

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
Default -LostMarine- AVOID!

I bought an intercooler from this guy. He sent it in two boxes that were taped together, put zero packing in it. The intercooler was damaged upon arrival. He asks me to take it to a shop to have it repaired and he would "take care of it" He has since ignored all my texts and gone silent, yet he continues to be active on this forum.

Avoid this douchebag.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:47 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Charper732
I bought an intercooler from this guy. He sent it in two boxes that were taped together, put zero packing in it. The intercooler was damaged upon arrival. He asks me to take it to a shop to have it repaired and he would "take care of it" He has since ignored all my texts and gone silent, yet he continues to be active on this forum.

Avoid this douchebag.
Coming from you, this speaks volumes.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:48 AM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Did you file a paypal claim? If you haven't you should.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:13 PM

I try to exhaust all avenues of resolving the issue privately before doing anything else just in case something out of his control happened. It's obvious at this point it's intentional. But yes, filed with paypal.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:34 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default shady buyer

The issue is that he tried to scam me out of more $, and then tried to scam me from ALL of the $ from a fraudulent paypal claim. And has made several misleading and false statements, here on s2ki, via paypal and text message.
This leads me to believe this is how he gets the "good deals" he references in his other posts.

Originally Posted by Charper732
Right....Considering I just contacted paypal 2 days ago and you went silent on July 27th.... I don't care about keeping this IC, you send a label and I'll ship this back to you no problem.
lets play the screenshot game.
1. Case opened as early as the 8th ( I thought u only contacted paypal 2 days ago?)
2. How is the above possible if I was disputing it on the 9th?
3. Notice the title, "UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTION "
I've attached paypals own terms..
basically had he been successful, he would be refunded 100%, I would be in debt, and he keeps the item... sounds alot like one of those "good deals" he write about in his build thread to me...

How many false statements did he make?
how about " a local shop" wanting to charge $50 to replace the flange.. and come to find out, you operate said shop, and the flange retails for $19.. That what tipped me off about the scamming. Strangers wouldnt charge me $50 to put a new flange on, Not considering what it would cost if i could do it myself

so that's 2x he has tried to extract extract more $ from me.
3 actually, as the cost of shippping the item was $57, and now to return it, he asked that i pay for return shipping as well. Again, he is made whole, and im out $100+ . Thats not going to happen, especially not after this exchange and the attempts to scam.

so now, I retract my previous offer; he purchased an as-is/used item, he received said as-is/used item, and even with cost of new flange, which im not convinced he didnt do himself, still comes out on top with a "good deal" as he states he looks for when buying items.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-fo.../#post24499683

Last edited by LostMarine; 08-14-2018 at 06:57 AM. Reason: format- add info
Old 08-14-2018, 07:09 AM

Payment was sent F&F. Seller decided to pull a fast one. I had one dispute option. As seen below I tried to resolve this multiple times before I took any action with Paypal, which was 2 weeks after this guy went silent.

Last edited by Charper732; 08-14-2018 at 07:11 AM.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:22 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

yes, so you have shown that "a shop called you back" when its YOU, and wanted 2x the amount it would cost for any normal shop to do, which is what tiipped me off to shadiness. Also, thats when i went on vacation, as i stated and returned to find a paypal dispute. Enjoy the intercooler, i made over 800hp with it, you got another "good deal", not "great deal" ( free) as you had hoped, but still good.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by LostMarine
yes, so you have shown that "a shop called you back" when its YOU, and wanted 2x the amount it would cost for any normal shop to do, which is what tiipped me off to shadiness. Also, thats when i went on vacation, as i stated and returned to find a paypal dispute. Enjoy the intercooler, i made over 800hp with it, you got another "good deal", not "great deal" ( free) as you had hoped, but still good.
you really are the scum of the resell market. Cutting the smashed garbage off, purchasing half a Vanjen, an elbow, and labor. No I do not weld or fabricate nor should I have to on an item I just bought..when all you had to do is not be a lazy, shady ass person and shipped it like you gave a damn. I wont be running this garbage. You have 2 weeks to email a label or this will be in the garbage.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:13 PM

Received 1,189 Likes on 923 Posts

Not going to get into trying to determine fault from this thread, but this part kind of rubbed me the wrong way:

how about " a local shop" wanting to charge $50 to replace the flange.. and come to find out, you operate said shop, and the flange retails for $19.. That what tipped me off about the scamming. Strangers wouldnt charge me $50 to put a new flange on, Not considering what it would cost if i could do it myself
So if he could do it himself , his time is worth nothing? Sorry man, that is straight up wrong. And $30 labor is not high at all if they have to cut and weld a new flange on. Most shops will charge you a minimum hours fee (and I dont know where either of you live, but $30 wont cover an hour of just about any type of labor where I am ... mechanics charge over $100/hr ... so $30 seems like a fair deal if it took even 30 minutes).

Again, I dont know the rest of the story, but I have dealt with people that seem to think that my time to fix THEIR bad part should be free since I did not have to pay someone else. Nope, you pay what it would reasonably cost in my area whether I do it myself or not. That is fair and square. And if he owns his own shop and did it himself, that is time he would not have been able to bill to another customer, so it is money out of his pocket. Time is not free.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:35 PM

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts

above all, was the package insured? I believe seller has the responsibility to insure the package, per the marketplace rules.

Quick Reply: -LostMarine- AVOID!