S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Seller Feedback (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/seller-feedback-217/)
-   -   My horrible experience with ChaserAero (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/seller-feedback-217/my-horrible-experience-chaseraero-773961/)

S2Kevint 03-16-2010 02:45 PM

My horrible experience with ChaserAero

I PM'd Russ from ChaserAero a great deal before I put down a 10% deposit for a carbon top. Here is an important part of our conversation:

Thanks. Havent completely decided yet to go carbon or frp. So how much for FRP shipped to 94565?

Also, in the unlikely event i need to cancel my order, will i get my deposit back?

$1149 shipped to CA for FRP.

If you have to cancel, theres a restocking fee of 25%. If something arises, you could always have someone take over your payment.

Russ

Now when I get laid off, I pm'd him kindly asking for my deposit back, and that I understood there was to be a 25% restocking fee on it.

Unfortunately I will have to cancel my deposit and need a refund. I just got laid off and getting an s2000 will not be happening. I understand in our previous PMs that there will be a 25% restocking fee. So be it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The restock is 25% of the invoice...if you did the minimum deposit, that pretty much wipes it out. Why not keep it open til you figure out what you're doing? No time limit on it...

Russ

Russ,

That is absolutely RIDICULOUS. During our previous conversation BEFORE I put down the deposit, I clearly asked if I had to cancel, can it be returned. You said yes, but there will be a 25% fee on it. Thats all, you never mentioned 25% of the invoice!? You knew I was only putting down 10%, why not explain it further if this was the case. Please dont try to play words around with me, we're both adults.

I work in retail too, restocking fees are used to help us make up the cost of a returned product. So first, why would I be charged a 25% restocking fee on the hardtop if I never received it in the first place? And you mentioned that people who paid in full first get fulls priority, so its not like I was "holding" down a hardtop from your inventory. You were free to sell it to whoever paid in full first. This "restocking fee" term is being thrown around from you to try to steal money from people in hard times like me.

I hope we can resolve this situation, I hate to post this horrible experience on s2ki. Please talk to you management, hope to hear from you soon.

I feel like hes trying to play words with me. All he said was there a 25% restocking fee, never did he mention it was on the invoice. He knew I was only putting down 10%.

And whats with this "Restocking Fee", there is nothing to restock! They never sent the top to me! Also, it wasnt like I was "holding down" a top from their inventory. He clearly explained that people who paid in full gets first priority for the top to get shipped. So he was free to sell it to anybody who already paid.

So to all you s2kiers, am I wrong? Or is this the Sellers fault? Russ was so fast to answer all of my PMs when it was regarding the sale, now when I am in need of funds, he stopped answering me. I just called and left a message, so we will see how this turns out.

teanza 03-16-2010 03:37 PM

so you paid him $115? 25% is like $287........does he want you to pay him the additional $172 or would he let it ride? all just outta curiosity :hello:

Luder94 03-16-2010 04:22 PM

Nothing was taken out of stock....how's there a restocking fee?

boostftw 03-16-2010 04:45 PM

Wow... Last time I pm'ed them about the FRP hardtop they said they won't even have it till late April or May. Forget about taking out of stock/holding... they don't even have top IN-STOCK in the first place.

If I was the owner of Chaser id save some PR and give the guy back his full amount as you have nothing to lose but alot to gain from all the chaser HT reviews and now this...

S2Kevint 03-16-2010 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Luder94,Mar 16 2010, 04:22 PM
Nothing was taken out of stock....how's there a restocking fee?

Exactly my point.

Like I said in my reply:

I work in retail too, restocking fees are used to help us make up the cost of a returned product. So first, why would I be charged a 25% restocking fee on the hardtop if I never received it in the first place? And you mentioned that people who paid in full first get fulls priority, so its not like I was "holding" down a hardtop from your inventory. You were free to sell it to whoever paid in full first. This "restocking fee" term is being thrown around from you to try to steal money from people in hard times like me.

17Choke 03-16-2010 09:32 PM

I think there is a little misunderstanding on both sides here. The messages were a bit short, and everything shouldve been made clear prior to any money being exchanged. The seller never really answered the question about the deposit in the first place, he answered the question as though the buyer were asking what would happen if he had to return the top.

A restocking fee should only apply if there was an item that had to be returned. In this case, the merchandise was never in stock in the first place, and nothing was to be returned. The seller could just call their supplier and tell them to cancel the order if it hasnt already shipped out. You shouldnt charge someone a restocking fee if you didnt have the item in stock to begin with.

However, the whole point of a deposit is to support the intent to purchase an item. Since the buyer is the one that backed out of the deal, the seller should be able to keep the deposit, otherwise, whats the point of putting down a deposit?

305s2k 03-17-2010 01:49 AM

LOL at restocking fee for something that is not in stock... Just do a charge back on your credit card or file a paypal claim (assuming you used this method). They will laugh at them for trying to pull that $hit and give you your money back.

jemje2006 03-17-2010 09:00 AM

this kind of $hit is always stupid.

Rsxtype-s 03-17-2010 04:13 PM

where did his threads go btw for the ht and his own seller feedback thread? on the topic of his top, its decent fitment, havent put the seals on yet though, but 2 small gaps on each side where it meets the windshield. his communication sucks.

suzuka-blue-s2k 03-17-2010 06:59 PM

Wow, I was looking forward to getting one of his FRP hardtops. I almost put a deposit down for one, and im REALLY gald I didnt now. That sucks man, I hope it works out for you. Chaser Aero just went down the drain for everyone here. He seemed really nice with all his threads for custom made parts and giving us deals, I wonder what happened? Still, im happy I didnt send them my money.