S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Seller Feedback (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/seller-feedback-217/)
-   -   My negative experience with Moddiction's group buy. (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/seller-feedback-217/my-negative-experience-moddictions-group-buy-1179086/)

Top_down 10-30-2017 11:29 PM

My negative experience with Moddiction's group buy.

Let me start this off by saying I have been trying to be as patient as possible despite the lack of customer service I've received from Moddiction.
This is my first group buy with them (short shifter) although I've made a few purchases with them in the past. (no issues, nothing special to remark about either)
I sent a payment to Moddiction for his short shifter group buy on March 7, 2017. The expected ship date was supposed to be in May/June. May rolls by, then June, and still no update or any sign of production anytime soon. He neglects to update his customers on his threads or even reply to inquiries wondering about the status of the group buy. I completely understand that sometimes production take longer than expected; sometimes there are circumstances (such as backordered parts in his case) that delay production. No issue with that. However, I believe a vendor should communicate with customers at least telling us what's going on. Moddiction not only failed to do that, he failed to communicate with me, even when the item I ordered never arrived.
I sent him my first message on August 19, 2017 (over 5 months since I sent the payment, and about 2 months past expected ship date)

8/19/17 Me: Hey there, I was wondering if there was an update for the short shifter group buy?

No response. Tried again on 8/22/17
8/22/17 Me : I made a purchase through a group buy about 3 months ago. Can I get a status update?

6 day response time. (9 days since first message)
8/28/17 Moddiction: Hi, sorry for the delay getting back to you. Was this for the short shifter? If so those should be done within 2 weeks it looks like. -Ryan.
About 5 weeks later, on 10/05, he posts on the group buy thread saying all shifters have shipped! Great..

I'm wondering where my short shifter is, I decide to message him on 10/16.
10/16: Me: Hello, can you provide tracking for my order?

No response from Moddiction a day later, even though it shows his recent activity online. I send another pm the next day.
10/17 Me: You said you shipped all orders on 10/5, but I still haven't received mine. Can you provide tracking or at least an update??

He takes a day to respond, even though he is online that same day??
10/18 Moddiction: Hey, can you give me your order number? I will look it up. Thanks!
10/18 Me: Order Number: 17066-73399-07963 Placed: 3/7/2017
No response.....

10/22 Me:
I'm quite unhappy with the level of customer service I'm receiving from you guys. I understand sometimes production takes longer than expected and things get pushed back so I've been really patient with the group buy. However, there is little to no communication with updates, It took multiple messages to get you to update me on the status of the group buy. I never received a tracking number, and I have not received my item after you posted it was shipped two weeks ago. I don't believe a customer should message a vendor multiple times just to receive a response. I'd like an update on my order please.

10/24 Moddiction: hey. I’m really sorry for delay!! Im waiting to hear back from shop we make these with what’s going on as they all should have been received by now. I should have an update with more info later on today and then I’ll let you know.

10/25 Me: Any update? I was under the impression that you shipped these out yourselves. You don't provide tracking to any of your customers?

It's 12/31/17 12:18AM and I have yet to receive a response.
Moddiction's Last Activity: Yesterday 05:44 PM

I find it disappointing that I would have to deal with this kind of service from a well known vendor like Moddiction. I did not want to put him on blast on the forums, but I feel this attention is the only way I'll get a proper response (and solution) to this problem. I'm also not sure what to do at this point. Since the payment was sent over 7 months ago, I dont think I can get refunded via Paypal.

Memo6453 10-31-2017 04:38 AM

i have never had an issue with Moddiction (Ryan). But it seems since he ventured into the mustang realm, his s2ki purchases have been neglected somewhat based on others experiences. Hope he makes this up to you. Cause he seems to be a great vendor on here...but i agree a lack of communication just makes things worse. A simple update could put people at ease since they are spending their hard earned money.

V6 Donut 11-01-2017 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Memo6453 (Post 24376297)
i have never had an issue with Moddiction (Ryan). But it seems since he ventured into the mustang realm, his s2ki purchases have been neglected somewhat based on others experiences. Hope he makes this up to you. Cause he seems to be a great vendor on here...but i agree a lack of communication just makes things worse. A simple update could put people at ease since they are spending their hard earned money.

I'm sure he's just busy crowd plowing.

__S2KGPWCR__ 11-03-2017 06:17 PM

I emailed him about stock never got a response. I'll take my business elsewhere. Btw if you need a shift knob try WC Lathe Werks excellent service!

Top_down 11-04-2017 07:08 PM

This is unacceptable... messaged him for ANOTHER update on 10/31.. It's 11/4 and STILL NO RESPONSE. Last Activity: Today, 12pm. I'm not sure why he's ducking me... Gonna give them a call after the weekend.

Motorsport_S 11-06-2017 12:25 AM

why cant vendors just be up front with their customers? ive seen this kind of thing countless times. this is why im hesitant to buy anything that doesnt ship immediately

Top_down 11-18-2017 02:00 PM

UPDATE: I decided to call International Grinding to see what's up. A nice guy named Paul picked up and told me Moddiction placed an order for an extra shifter because the order quantity got messed up somehow. Anyway, I was never notified about this. I called Moddiction (no response), sent them an email (no response), then finally sent them another message on S2ki. I received a response 3 days later from Moddiction confirming there was a mistake made in the group buy order. He said he would refund me, which he did, 3 days later.

This is the worst group buy experience I've had. I don't mind the wait times, but the lack of communication really frustrated me. I expected a lot more from this particular vendor. I've made purchases with him in the past with no issues, but this will probably be my last transaction with them given my recent experience. Now, I'll be patiently waiting for Renegade to produce their next batch of shifters in 2018.

Orleansjunky 11-18-2017 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Top_down (Post 24385401)
UPDATE: I decided to call International Grinding to see what's up. A nice guy named Paul picked up and told me Moddiction placed an order for an extra shifter because the order quantity got messed up somehow. Anyway, I was never notified about this. I called Moddiction (no response), sent them an email (no response), then finally sent them another message on S2ki. I received a response 3 days later from Moddiction confirming there was a mistake made in the group buy order. He said he would refund me, which he did, 3 days later.

This is the worst group buy experience I've had. I don't mind the wait times, but the lack of communication really frustrated me. I expected a lot more from this particular vendor. I've made purchases with him in the past with no issues, but this will probably be my last transaction with them given my recent experience. Now, I'll be patiently waiting for Renegade to produce their next batch of shifters in 2018.

we are having a similiar problem with his sway bar. 2 months over due. and wont respond in a timely fashion.

Top_down 11-27-2017 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Orleansjunky (Post 24385441)
we are having a similiar problem with his sway bar. 2 months over due. and wont respond in a timely fashion.

Sorry to hear that. Yeah his communication sucks but I'm sure he will pull through. Good luck!

gomboy86 12-07-2017 03:21 PM

i'm not the only one with communication problems with moddiction! they used to be really good, but now its bad. They need more than 1 guy (ryan) handling the customer service dept. This is just ridiculous. they dont answer calls or emails. i've been waiting for them to email me so i can cancel my order. i'll wait until next week before i go through paypal.