Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

Redline Goods/Moddiction

Old 03-03-2017, 08:34 AM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts
Exclamation Redline Goods/Moddiction

Note: Moddiction hasn't done anything wrong here, they're just the distributor/vendor that sold me the product. The shift knob I received was fantastic

Has anyone had issues dealing with Redline Goods before? I ordered one of their shift boots through Moddiction a couple months ago and the item I received does not fit my car at all. When I first reached out they told to just modify the boot so it fits my car (make new holes, trim some of the leather) followed by a second email claiming "It’s not a manufacturing flaw but it stems from the fact that the boot we used to design our template came of a different year model of your vehicle and there must have been differences." I'm fairly certain that's BS since I've installed a CR boot an older car with no issue. Also, the some of holes on the Redline boot fall right on top of the stitching which is definitely not consistent with any of the OEM Honda boots I've looked at.

At this point they're claiming any replacement boot I receive will be identical to the one I already have, so I gotta ask has anyone else had trouble with their shift boot? Or am I just getting jerked around?

Last edited by JamesD89; 03-03-2017 at 08:39 AM.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:37 AM

And these are the images I sent them showing the issues with hole spacing. According to them this is how Honda does it.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Community Organizer

Received 125 Likes on 85 Posts

00-03 and 04-09 are different boots. Could you have ordered or received the wrong year?
Old 03-03-2017, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by jsenclosure
00-03 and 04-09 are different boots. Could you have ordered or received the wrong year?
They are? I know the console pieces are different, but I was under the impression the boots were interchangeable. There's no option for model year on the Moddiction site: Honda S2000 Shift Boot

Either way, I'd be surprised if the boot I received would fit on an AP1. The spacing on the holes is not consistent at all.

Last edited by JamesD89; 03-03-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:19 AM

Bump.

Has anyone else had trouble dealing with Redline? I feel like I am pulling teeth to get some sort of resolution.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:39 PM

Bump. Still no resolution from Redline (not returning calls) or response from Moddiction (email and PM). I know this is a cheap part but this is kind of ridiculous.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:00 PM

Still no response.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:53 PM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

I ordered directly from RedLine Goods.

The boot I did receive required me to modify/add holes to make it work, but I cannot comment on their customer service as I didn't bother contacting them. The boot looks fine, but install was a bit lacking. I had more issue with their wheel cover as it required excessive stretching to cover the spokes and it was still lacking enough material in some areas to cover the OEM wheel correctly. What I ended up with gave me the functionality I wanted, but I would never use it for a show car. Overall, it left me unwilling to spend anymore money with them.

Sidenote - Before anyone jumps to their defense about me not contacting them to give them the chance to rectify the situation: I had almost completely finished wrapping the wheel when it became apparent that there was not enough material to stretch over the wheel and at the very least, I would have had to wait for a replacement that did not fit correctly either or sent them my wheel for them to trial and error a good job onto my wheel. Neither option appealed to me and at the end of the day, they should have been delivering the product as promised.
The following users liked this post:
JamesD89 (04-11-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 01:27 PM

Fun fact, I still have this useless shift boot and no resolution from either company. Moddiction's response was essentially that I need to deal with Redline even though I purchased the item from them, and not Redline.

And I understand that I've probably crossed the line into a pain in the ass given how relatively cheap a shift boot is, but I do expect parts to fit without modification. Having to remove my OEM boot to use as a template to drill my own holes, or markup the new boot to send back to Redline for replacement is rather absurd. It's okay to admit manufacturing flaws happen

Last edited by JamesD89; 05-16-2017 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:38 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

I bought a black nappa leather shift boot directly from RedlineGoods and it fitted perfectly on my 2003 car.
Looks really nice too

Quick Reply: Redline Goods/Moddiction