S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Seller Feedback (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/seller-feedback-217/)
-   -   Is Ricks S2000 accessories still in business? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/seller-feedback-217/ricks-s2000-accessories-still-business-1124150/)

Jsts22 05-25-2015 09:03 AM

Is Ricks S2000 accessories still in business?

I ordered the s badges and steering wheel emblem from ricks accessories close to a month ago and have never received any of the products that I ordered. I have emailed them multiple times and have never gotten a response. There is no phone number for me to call.

Does anyone know if they are still in business? Has anyone ordered anything from them recently? They charged my credit card at check out, so if I don't get an answer soon I'm going to have to dispute it with my credit card company and I really don't want to deal with all that.

NNY S2k 05-25-2015 09:11 AM

Last week I got a license plate holder from them. In april a set of floormats, so yes they are still open.
Levi

AZS2KDancer 05-25-2015 12:06 PM

I exchanged e-mail with them not too long ago. They might be busy. Have you tried recently?

Ken1997tl 05-25-2015 12:20 PM

Who is your email provider?

It may have gone into their spam folder.

rmerchant3 05-25-2015 01:14 PM

PM Stratocaster on here.

Jsts22 05-26-2015 10:21 PM

Thanks for the reply guys. I pm'd stratocaster a couple weeks ago on here, but I sent another message yesterday as well. I will give it one more week and if I don't hear anything I will need to start taking steps to get my money back. If anyone speaks to stratocaster can you point him to this thread?

This is very frustrating. I researched ricks a bit before purchasing and saw that many people had positive expierences and recommended them. I was excited to try the new badges out, but this is starting to become a hassle and I am wishing I would have not ordered from them now. At the very least they could communicate with their customers on what the estimated arrival date is.

My email provider is yahoo

Jsts22 06-04-2015 11:18 PM

Here's an update.

I finally received the package in the mail today, a full month after I had ordered the products. I had received a tracking number in my email a few days prior. I never received a response from Ricks to my email questions or the questions I had sent to them through personal message on the forums here. I'm glad that I finally received the stuff I ordered, but the customer service and response time are horrible. I would not recommend that anyone buys from them, very unprofessional in the way they handle their transactions. I understand it may be a side business and not a main source of income, but they could at least respond to email and not leave their customers in the dark for a full month. Very poor business model.

NFR-AP1 07-29-2015 08:59 AM

I'm having a similar issue. Ordered floormats several weeks ago and no updates after the initial invoice. PMing now but I hope they arrive soon!

chemlite 08-09-2015 07:46 PM

I just purchased and installed a Yellow Box with the plug-n-play kit from Ricks2k.com. Had great experience. Got an email back almost immediately after ordering (on a weekend) asking what my final drive ratio was so they could preset it for me. It arrived 3 days later (even though it was USPS, imagine that). I installed it today (very easy) and went for a spin and it was perfect.

I hope you got your situation taken care of satisfactorily. Obviously, you should always be communicated with, no matter what, if you've purchased something. I'm sure this one website isn't a full time business for the owner, but responses are still necessary. It's even possible that Ricks site is just the intermediary to specific manufacturers and each of them is actually supposed to respond. That might be why we've had very different experiences.

Beyond good customer service though, lead times to get S2000 things should be expected to be longer than they have been in the past for specialty businesses like this. I can't imagine that they are willing to keep stock of items that may not move for months or years. We'll see more and more that things we want have to be made per order.

I really dread the inevitable reduction in small businesses, like Ricks, that provide specialty parts for the S2000. We all know that our lovely little roadsters are slowly disappearing and there won't be a market to support great little specialty shops forever.

Every time I've ordered anything from Rick, it's been no problem and I've always been happy with the products and the service. I hope it stays that way.

MLKMICHAEL 01-28-2016 10:08 PM

Thank god is not just me, I ordered a S badge on Jan 9th. I send him at least 6 emails regarding my badge or at least send me a tracking numbers. Nothing reply lol. Losing my patient here :(