S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Seller Feedback (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/seller-feedback-217/)
-   -   RIPOFF Report: Nichigo (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/seller-feedback-217/ripoff-report-nichigo-661657/)

modMonkey 01-08-2009 11:17 AM

RIPOFF Report: Nichigo

I honestly feel like I should have said something a long time ago, however, I really didn't want to air my dirty laundry on public forum. I also wanted to give nichigo (Nick) a chance to make things right before I slander his name. However, with his latest PM it appears he no longer wants to resolve the situation. I feel that if anything, this thread would be further support for the Admins to integrate a rating system, or if the current website doesn't support it, it can be integrated with existing features (stated past the cliff notes section). For those of you who do not care for the details, skip below to the Cliff Notes.

I purchased a Voltex Type III wing + OEM trunk with mounting holes from Nichigo for the amount of $1550. I drove from Northern California to San Diego to complete the transaction (roughly a 7 hour drive one way). We met at night, the transaction went smooth, gave him the cash, received the wing and trunk combo. Upon returning to my friends place in Irvine to stay the night, I test fitted the wing onto the trunk. I immediately had fitment issues as I could not get the underside brackets on the wing to match with the "legs" that connected to the trunk. Because I was going to photograph the Redline TA race the next day, I decided to sleep and try again when I returned to NorCal.

Upon returning home, I test fitted the wing again, and again had fitment issues. I contacted Nick via PM and told him of the problem. He told me that he had no such fitment issues and I had to loosen all of the hardware and re-tighten to make it fit. Again I tried with no success and contacted him again. He replied, again telling me that he experienced zero fitment issues. I assumed (which was poor judgment on my part) that since it was his trunk, his mounting points, his hardware and his wing , there must have been something I was doing wrong. Therefore I left it at that (again, poor judgment on my part).

After a some research and talking to regular track guys, I realized that a wing would not benefit me too much this early in learning how to track my S. I decided to sell the wing and put he money towards tires and track day registration. I posted up the wing on S2Ki and eventually found a buyer: rob.ok (Rob) in Central California.

Given that I didn't have a box for the wing, shipping would be an issue. It happened work out that a group of local S2Ki members were having a track day at Buttonwillow (located near Rob) that weekend. The Friday before that weekend, I met with Voodoo_S2k (Vu) to mount the trunk and wing on his car so that he could bring it to Buttonwillow. Again, there were fitment issues present (Vu can attest to this). Vu told me he would figure out the fitment when he got home. He ended up paying out of pocket for new hardware as the ones provided to me by Nick were incorrect. I told Rob that he could pick up the wing from Vu after the last session on Sunday.

After receiving the trunk + wing combo from Vu, Rob proceeded to to try to install the wing and encountered fitment issues. I immediately contacted Nick regarding this issue telling him that the wing was still not fitting and provided him with the details that Rob gave me.

October 17, 2008

modMonkey (Me):
[QUOTE]
Hi Nick,

I have a big problem regarding the Voltex wing you sold me.

modMonkey 01-08-2009 11:21 AM

Me:
[QUOTE]
It was not posted that the wing was not S2K specific when you sold me the wing, nor was it disclosed to me when I picked up the wing.

modMonkey 01-08-2009 11:32 AM

Nick's Response:

Ok...i probably jumped the gun there. I read back on one of your PM's where you said "you had to take it back" from the buyer, but you never specified that he still had it.

I won't deny that i've been looking for a reason to not have to take it back...but i'm sure you understand that my position is unpleasant (...I understand yours is equally if not more unpleasant). I do take full responsibility for this though.

as far as selling the wing, I'd like to find someone who will buy it for how much it was sold for. I MIGHT be willing to let it go if someone comes close (say like $XXXX...or maybe even $XXXX)...so that the difference isn't too bad. Is there anything that you are interested in trading it for, or are you set on taking cash for it?

Thanks,
Nick
For emphasis: I never tried to hide the fact that the wing was sold, it simply does not make a difference on the situation. Nick mentioned in his latest PM to me that I seem to have written in first person. The reason to that is simple: convenience. It is easier than saying "Rob told me" after every sentence. Rob was well aware that I was passing what he was saying to Nick.

Again, this was Oct. 27 2008. I was patient and allowed him to find a buyer for almost more than a month before I tried to contact him again. ~ Dec 14 (mid month) I contacted him to ask for resolution. He did not responded so I contacted him again and made two posts in hope of getting his attention.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...&#entry14956242

I really don't understand how you can leave a situation with this much money involved unresolved and without notice. Nick obviously had time to check the forums, he made a post on Dec 2, but decided to ignore the PMs and messages I left him on s2ki till 5 days later.

He finally responded to me on Jan 7th 2008
[QUOTE]Steve,

Hope you had a good holiday season.

spook 01-08-2009 11:35 AM

Sounds like a whack situation, but if it's a 350Z wing, he should've posted that it was.

S2K1985 01-08-2009 11:39 AM

WOW Nick :) :hello: GL w/ this man... sad to read that story..hope you get your money back man..

NFRAP1 01-08-2009 12:00 PM

I thought Nick had ALWAYS disclosed it was a 350Z specific wing with S2K base plates.... :hello: ... GL with everything though.

modMonkey 01-08-2009 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by NFRAP1' date='Jan 8 2009, 01:00 PM
I thought Nick had ALWAYS disclosed it was a 350Z specific wing with S2K base plates.... :hello: ... GL with everything though.

He disclosed it in his latest for-sale thread. He was trying to re-sell after this issue arose.

kevos2k 01-08-2009 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by NFRAP1' date='Jan 8 2009, 01:00 PM

i thought the same... it said that in the original for sale thread

Nate4635 01-08-2009 12:18 PM

hmm, wild...

with all these bad seller/ripoff threads popping up, maybe the bad guy thread should turn into a bad guy subforum?

NFRAP1 01-08-2009 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by modMonkey' date='Jan 8 2009, 01:06 PM
He disclosed it in his latest for-sale thread. He was trying to re-sell after this issue arose.

So, he was going to refund you and resell it and now he's not willing to refund you? :hello: