S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Seller Feedback (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/seller-feedback-217/)
-   -   Whats up with Moddiction customer service. (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/seller-feedback-217/whats-up-moddiction-customer-service-1180242/)

gomboy86 12-13-2017 10:27 AM

Whats up with Moddiction customer service.

What is up with moddiction's customer service! It takes like over a week to 2 weeks for them to respond. I have still waiting for a response for an RMA. They don't even answer their phones. I remember moddiction being really good with responding and customer care. What the hell happened? I'm so fed up i'm about to just throw this to paypal claims department.

Chibo 12-13-2017 12:43 PM

It's the holiday season, everyone is burning their PTO

gomboy86 12-13-2017 01:11 PM

Well so the means the entire company is using their pto? Wtf as big as a company they are their entire customer service department shouldnt just ignore their customers. Last time i use moddiction.

and thats not an excuse thmotorsports has great customer service at all times of the year.

S2k_Ken 12-13-2017 03:09 PM

You're right. I've bought my item since Cyber Monday. I hope they will reply soon. I've emailed them about 3 times and let me know if they reply. Im still waiting for my item to be shipped, been about 2 and a half weeks already...

SkiLLeDS2000 12-13-2017 07:42 PM

Moddiction and customer service

Ha.

Find Ryan on FB and message him. He will respond to FB messages. He corrected a wrong when I ordered from him, but it does take a while for him to respond to people. He’s super slow.

gomboy86 12-13-2017 09:36 PM

Well I found ryan on fb, he's the owner of moddiction... why doesn't he fking hire some people to handle customer service, ridiculous. At least THmotorsports has will long for the s2k community and he responds hella fast.

silverstonemkiv 12-13-2017 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by gomboy86 (Post 24395564)
What is up with moddiction's customer service! It takes like over a week to 2 weeks for them to respond. I have still waiting for a response for an RMA. They don't even answer their phones. I remember moddiction being really good with responding and customer care. What the hell happened? I'm so fed up i'm about to just throw this to paypal claims department.

I actually just posted about this in another thread. I ordered on the 5th and still no update on my order status or tracking info. I've sent 2 different emails and called multiple times... No one answers the phone or responds to my emails.

gomboy86 12-13-2017 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by silverstonemkiv (Post 24395759)
I actually just posted about this in another thread. I ordered on the 5th and still no update on my order status or tracking info. I've sent 2 different emails and called multiple times... No one answers the phone or responds to my emails.

well if yo uget an email it'll be from ryan and he's the owner, i guess he does everything, but cmon he needs to seriously get a person to answer emails and calls all day. I bet that 1877 number goes straight to a cell, and he just doesn't answer it cause i bet he's so far behind in getting back to everyone. Well if you paid with paypal, i'd suggest just opening dispute and force him to reply through paypal, if he doesn't then after a certain period you can escalate it to a claim and paypal will do their thing and get it resolved. Just keep a log of all your emails. I've already opened a dispute and paypal is waiting for him to reply, i think for me he has until the 20th to reply, then paypal will contact me to see what i want to do, cause i cancelled a part of my order but the money hasn't been refunded. He emailed me back once after like a week, after i badgered him like 10 emails, and said the other part of the order already shipped from buddy club so all he can do is send me a RMA, and its been over a week now and i'm still waiting for the RMA, and still waiting on part of my order that i cancelled to be refunded.

I don't think he'll stay in business much longer if he keeps treating his customers like this. THmotorsports bro, price match most everything, if not its just a tad bit more, but they have excellent customer service. i'd rather pay a bit more and have that customer service then save a few bucks and have 0 customer service. Lesson learned.

lookstoomuch 12-14-2017 07:48 AM

The unfortunate thing is I've found the general S2K vendor customer service to be sub-par vs. what I was used to in the Miata world. I've got shocks on order from a different vendor, paid the money, told "they're on there way from manufacture should be couple of weeks". That was 2+ months ago. Feel like I pre-funded a group buy to get a batch made without knowing.

silverstonemkiv 12-14-2017 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by gomboy86 (Post 24395762)
well if yo uget an email it'll be from ryan and he's the owner, i guess he does everything, but cmon he needs to seriously get a person to answer emails and calls all day. I bet that 1877 number goes straight to a cell, and he just doesn't answer it cause i bet he's so far behind in getting back to everyone. Well if you paid with paypal, i'd suggest just opening dispute and force him to reply through paypal, if he doesn't then after a certain period you can escalate it to a claim and paypal will do their thing and get it resolved. Just keep a log of all your emails. I've already opened a dispute and paypal is waiting for him to reply, i think for me he has until the 20th to reply, then paypal will contact me to see what i want to do, cause i cancelled a part of my order but the money hasn't been refunded. He emailed me back once after like a week, after i badgered him like 10 emails, and said the other part of the order already shipped from buddy club so all he can do is send me a RMA, and its been over a week now and i'm still waiting for the RMA, and still waiting on part of my order that i cancelled to be refunded.

I don't think he'll stay in business much longer if he keeps treating his customers like this. THmotorsports bro, price match most everything, if not its just a tad bit more, but they have excellent customer service. i'd rather pay a bit more and have that customer service then save a few bucks and have 0 customer service. Lesson learned.

I did pay with paypal so I'll be doing that today. It is pretty ridiculous to not be able to reply to customers. I can understand getting behind, but if you're not going to hire some help, at least stop taking orders until you can get caught up. In the other thread, a user said he just received his black friday order on the 11th, and never received any tracking info, it just showed up. I'll definitely be checking out THmotorsports, I completely agree about paying a little extra for better service.

silverstonemkiv 12-14-2017 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by gomboy86 (Post 24395762)
well if yo uget an email it'll be from ryan and he's the owner, i guess he does everything, but cmon he needs to seriously get a person to answer emails and calls all day. I bet that 1877 number goes straight to a cell, and he just doesn't answer it cause i bet he's so far behind in getting back to everyone. Well if you paid with paypal, i'd suggest just opening dispute and force him to reply through paypal, if he doesn't then after a certain period you can escalate it to a claim and paypal will do their thing and get it resolved. Just keep a log of all your emails. I've already opened a dispute and paypal is waiting for him to reply, i think for me he has until the 20th to reply, then paypal will contact me to see what i want to do, cause i cancelled a part of my order but the money hasn't been refunded. He emailed me back once after like a week, after i badgered him like 10 emails, and said the other part of the order already shipped from buddy club so all he can do is send me a RMA, and its been over a week now and i'm still waiting for the RMA, and still waiting on part of my order that i cancelled to be refunded.<br /><br />I don't think he'll stay in business much longer if he keeps treating his customers like this. THmotorsports bro, price match most everything, if not its just a tad bit more, but they have excellent customer service. i'd rather pay a bit more and have that customer service then save a few bucks and have 0 customer service. Lesson learned.

<br /><br />I did pay with paypal so I'll be doing that today. It is pretty ridiculous to not be able to reply to customers. I can understand getting behind, but if you're not going to hire some help, at least stop taking orders until you can get caught up. In the other thread, a user said he just received his black friday order on the 11th, and never received any tracking info, it just showed up. I'll definitely be checking out THmotorsports, I completely agree about paying a little extra for better service.<br />

silverstonemkiv 12-15-2017 10:16 AM

Just thought I would update and say that moddiction did reply through paypal today and finally told me the item that I ordered was actually backordered. I cancelled my order and was refunded almost immediately.

gomboy86 12-15-2017 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by silverstonemkiv (Post 24396322)
Just thought I would update and say that moddiction did reply through paypal today and finally told me the item that I ordered was actually backordered. I cancelled my order and was refunded almost immediately.

i also got an email from him, but he told me because i have a paypal dispute that he can't refund me. So I told him i will cancel the dispute with paypal to get my refund and so i did but i haven't heard back from him since.

1nate7 02-02-2018 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by gomboy86 (Post 24395564)

I should have paid more attention to this, I guess it's business as usual these days. Selling the S2000 and I assume a growing business has certainly changed his level of customer service, specifically on this forum and probably in general. I placed an order on 1/19, have received zero communication other than the auto generated order confirmation. No reply to email or PM, despite being active on the forums. Thanks for the facebook message tip, I guess I'll try that before filing a paypal claim and moving on.

gomboy86 02-02-2018 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by 1nate7 (Post 24415120)
I should have paid more attention to this, I guess it's business as usual these days. Selling the S2000 and I assume a growing business has certainly changed his level of customer service, specifically on this forum and probably in general. I placed an order on 1/19, have received zero communication other than the auto generated order confirmation. No reply to email or PM, despite being active on the forums. Thanks for the facebook message tip, I guess I'll try that before filing a paypal claim and moving on.

Yeah Ryan is the owner and i think he pretty much does everything so you can expect like to wait up to 2 to 3 weeks for a response. Ryan knows he's probably swamped and could use some employees to handle his communication problems... but yeah it can get frustrating i know, it took me like over a month for a refund on an item.

1nate7 02-02-2018 01:50 PM

Just got a FedEx door tag today with signature required but I have no way of knowing the tracking number or who the sender is. I am not expecting anything else, so at this point will assume that it is my order from Moddiction even though I never received a shipped notice or tracking number. From what I have seen, business is legit and he tries to do the right thing but lack of communication is frustrating.

matt96ex 02-23-2018 08:01 PM

Damn, I was about to order an exhaust and hfc from him. Maybe I won’t!?

1nate7 02-24-2018 09:40 AM

I would just contact in advance for a quote and make sure parts are available to ship immediately. I did receive my order after about 2 weeks although never got a notice it had shipped or tracking number. Also, I was watching the online order tracker and it doesn't seem to work either as it never updated even after order had shipped.

sirbikealot7 02-27-2018 03:59 PM

After making a few orders with Ryan, he has always had awesome prices and went out of his way to match old sale pricing for me on my AEM Infinity and Stoptech trophy kit. Between the ecu, aem/oem clutch kit and stoptech brakes, I've nearly $6000 with Ryan. My stoptech kit took way longer than he expected, again. Little to no reply from him. After 6 weeks longer than expected and missing some track days he let me know they were on the way. I had a good interactions with him until the brakes, but now I wouldn't purchase from him again due to lack of communication.

Breyeun 03-04-2018 02:19 PM

Sucks to see this! He used to be a lot better. Personally, I've never had issues, but I haven't ordered any large items. Hope you guys get your transactions resolved.

Edit: I ordered a large order finally (wheels) and he messaged me a day after ordering to verify some shipping discrepancies I made a mistake on. Still has good customer service, at least with all my orders.

Edit 2: I ordered my wheels late Friday night, they just arrived today. Couldn't be any happier considering the previous ETA was next Monday.

kerby 03-15-2018 04:30 AM

I order rotors pads and lines from him, I received the lines and pads quickly but can not get a response from him on when the rotors are even expected to arrive.

Chibo 05-24-2018 06:15 PM

Well, I ordered a Berk from Moddiction earlier this week and got a reply the next day saying that Berk is back ordered 2-3 months. I replied within a few minutes of the email asking for a refund but never heard back. Waited a couple days for an email so I emailed again asking for a refund. Called 5-6 times and no answer.

Guess I'll just open a Paypal case tomorrow if I don't hear back by EOD?

gomboy86 05-24-2018 07:22 PM

If you wait long enough ryan brecher who owns moddiction will get back to you. I believe its just him who does everything. Wait for weeks. If you open a dispute it takes so much longer when he does respond.

lookstoomuch 05-24-2018 07:34 PM

I hate to bash a company trying to serve our platform but...don't order from them if you want reliable speed and good customer service.

haga888 05-25-2018 06:59 AM

I've been waiting for a shift knob for over a year. Never thought I'd have to open a paypal dispute for a "reputable" vendor so I'm way past that point.

Chibo 05-25-2018 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by gomboy86 (Post 24463526)
If you wait long enough ryan brecher who owns moddiction will get back to you. I believe its just him who does everything. Wait for weeks. If you open a dispute it takes so much longer when he does respond.

On the other hand, I filed a dispute this morning. I can escalate to a claim on 5/29, after which he has 10 days to respond or PayPal will automatically refund me.
I don't have time to deal with people that don't respond to messages or answer their phone.

edit: I got a refund within 30 minutes of opening the dispute.

Type S 05-29-2018 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Chibo (Post 24463814)
On the other hand, I filed a dispute this morning. I can escalate to a claim on 5/29, after which he has 10 days to respond or PayPal will automatically refund me.
I don't have time to deal with people that don't respond to messages or answer their phone.

edit: I got a refund within 30 minutes of opening the dispute.

If you got your refund in 30 mins theres a good chance Moddictions paypal account is either limited or suspended by now... which means theres no way for him to withdraw money which means he has no obligation to fulfill orders anymore which means prob not a good idea to order from him anymore

Chibo 05-29-2018 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by B KOO (Post 24466791)
If you got your refund in 30 mins theres a good chance Moddictions paypal account is either limited or suspended by now... which means theres no way for him to withdraw money which means he has no obligation to fulfill orders anymore which means prob not a good idea to order from him anymore

Nah, it was refunded by Moddiction, not Paypal. Never reached claim status or Paypal intervention.

2valve 09-10-2018 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by gomboy86 (Post 24395650)
Well so the means the entire company is using their pto? Wtf as big as a company they are their entire customer service department shouldnt just ignore their customers. Last time i use moddiction.

and thats not an excuse thmotorsports has great customer service at all times of the year.

I had the same issue at the around the same time, absolutely no communication from them whatsoever. They never said the seat rails I ordered were on B/O and when I wanted to cancel the order, what little they did respond to me stopped. I had to file a claim with my CC company, that's the only way I got my money back.

berrydingle 12-12-2018 07:15 AM

They've literally gone to shits. If you ordered anything, you might as well go ahead and dispute to get your money back. That's what I had to do. They suck a long shlong

mcs2000si 12-23-2018 02:50 PM

Been trying to order engraved anvil 2 shift knob for two weeks and can’t get a reply. Called 5 times, left messages 3 times and emailed him twice. I’m trying to give him my money but apparently he has enough. Anyone have any suggestions for something similar to anvil 2? Thanks and sucks to see moddiction on a thread like this.

silenc3x 01-04-2019 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by mcs2000si (Post 24547052)
Been trying to order engraved anvil 2 shift knob for two weeks and can’t get a reply. Called 5 times, left messages 3 times and emailed him twice. I’m trying to give him my money but apparently he has enough. Anyone have any suggestions for something similar to anvil 2? Thanks and sucks to see moddiction on a thread like this.

I was in the same boat a few weeks/months ago when I wanted an Anvil 2. No response at all. I think their support of the S2K is dwindling. Or they just don't know how to run a ****ing company. Like just close shop if you can't even get back to your customers and constantly have to settle disputes. Clearly in over his head.
Ended up getting the Mugen CF round shift knob.

mys2k3 01-05-2019 08:57 AM

Don’t waste your time with Moddiction. He clearly doesn’t care anymore. Many people have tried calling and emailing to get their items shipped, including me, and he doesn’t respond. I then disputed through PayPal and immediately got my money back with no apology or explanation. I contacted schmuck directly to get a catch can and he sent it out the next day. Jason also apologized for what I went through with moddiction. Now that is good customer service.
Moddiction- :thumbdn:
Jason Schmuck- :thumbup: :thumbup:

Kyle 01-07-2019 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by mys2k3 (Post 24550748)
Don’t waste your time with Moddiction. He clearly doesn’t care anymore. Many people have tried calling and emailing to get their items shipped, including me, and he doesn’t respond. I then disputed through PayPal and immediately got my money back with no apology or explanation. I contacted schmuck directly to get a catch can and he sent it out the next day. Jason also apologized for what I went through with moddiction. Now that is good customer service.
Moddiction- :thumbdn:
Jason Schmuck- :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yup. My dispute essentially closed the same day I opened it. What's wild to me is the website is still advertising stuff at Black Friday prices....I dunno if it's just certain things or what.....Weird too because the guy was super active about posting deals just a couple of months ago.

Boostmaniac 02-27-2019 05:52 PM

I waited almost a year to get a shift knob I ordered that was in stock (Anvil engraved). I never got it because it didn't exist but I did settle for another at a reduced price (Anvil non engraved). I'm pretty sure this company is legs up by this point.

-Maniac

Fokker 02-27-2019 10:03 PM

I still see him posting knobs being available on FB, but I trust it as far as I can throw him. After some of my own experiences and what I've read, I'll never order from him again. I found an even better knob for what I wanted from another manufacturer that has top notch customer service.

Kyle 02-28-2019 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Fokker (Post 24571597)
I still see him posting knobs being available on FB, but I trust it as far as I can throw him. After some of my own experiences and what I've read, I'll never order from him again. I found an even better knob for what I wanted from another manufacturer that has top notch customer service.

Yeah he's even promoting sales on certain brands too. Prompt to reply to my question regarding a particular item in the post, but not so much regarding order status via email. He uses his personal FB page to post as well....Not sure if he's still a one man operation or what, but after having trouble over such a simple transaction I won't order from him again either. Shame too because he has some pretty decent sales.

zeroptzero 03-03-2019 05:31 PM

I was always very satisfied dealing with him when he was at his original location which I believe was PA, he always got back to my questions and delivery of parts was great. After he moved to his other location it seemed that things changed. Perhaps he was running the business part-time and working at some other profession, something clearly changed. I don't have a bad word to say about him but I know what it is like to have disputes with vendors and It is super frustrating.

LowandSlowDC5 04-12-2019 10:32 AM

I was about to create a topic about communication with Moddiction before noticing this thread. I placed an order a month and a half ago and have not received the item. It's a small purchase but the concept of ignoring the initial order - ignoring an email from me 2-3 weeks later asking about shipping or if the item was back ordered - and then ignoring a follow up email to that due to not hearing back at all is pretty frustrating. Phones are never answered.

Basically from what I can tell is just dispute my purchase in PayPal at this point?

Glad I ordered and received my Anvil 2 many years ago before they went to shit.

jasserv 04-14-2019 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by LowandSlowDC5 (Post 24589070)
I was about to create a topic about communication with Moddiction before noticing this thread. I placed an order a month and a half ago and have not received the item. It's a small purchase but the concept of ignoring the initial order - ignoring an email from me 2-3 weeks later asking about shipping or if the item was back ordered - and then ignoring a follow up email to that due to not hearing back at all is pretty frustrating. Phones are never answered.

Basically from what I can tell is just dispute my purchase in PayPal at this point?

Start a paypal claim and get your money back, he'll either respond or paypal will give you your money back

outeiroj 04-25-2019 11:37 AM

I spent over 7k with him over 2 years... 2 months ago I ordered a shift knob... he never gave a tracking number I filed a dispute with paypal after a month and they gave me my money back the same day. Its probably safe to say he's done, because if he wasn't he will be after every s2k owner freezes him out

dustin02rsx 05-20-2019 08:30 AM

I logged onto this site for the first time in forever to see what was up with moddiction. I ordered an anvil 2 shift knob a long time ago and I love it so much that I wanted another one for my other car, but its been over a week since I ordered with no confirmation of shipping and no reply to an email requesting an update. Since I only ordered a week ago Ill give them another week or so to respond, but based on what some of you are saying, it looks like I might have to dispute the charge with my Credit card company. Hopefully they just ship my shift knob and all will be good though.

stock_em1 05-20-2019 06:35 PM

Wish I would've seen this thread before I ordered my exhaust lol. I messaged him last week and he responded the next day. Hopefully I have a better experience.

stock_em1 05-24-2019 04:41 PM

Just wanted to update my experience with Moddiction. Ordered an hks hi power on Monday and received it today.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2k...9009ca8685.png

Anualmix 11-14-2019 02:24 AM

Site doens't work anymore right?

Moddiction 07-15-2020 04:43 PM

I would like to take a moment and apologize to everyone that has had issues with me/Moddiction over the past year or so.

We had a lot of issues with our website as well as I had a lot of things going on. There is no excuse for how our customer service went down the drain much of 2019 and I know that.

Our old website hosting company went down and we lost visibility to any of our orders which made things a nightmare for us to process and respond to orders. Our old website has since shutdown completely due to this.

We have gone back to basics for the S2000 market recently focusing on shift knobs and other products we previously made.

If anyone has an outstanding issue with an order please reach out to me and I will make it right.

I know some will never purchase from me again and I can understand but we will do whatever we can going forward to prevent an issue like before happening again and have focused on much faster turn around time with our products.

512S2k 07-15-2020 05:18 PM

FWIW a I recently bought a shift knob from moddiction through Facebook and subsequently PayPal. Shipping was super quick, communication on point. YMMV - Best of luck! I’d 10/10 buy again.

manchild83 08-06-2020 09:48 AM

Looks like Moddiction is back. I ordered your shift knob in plain and the convex mirrors and got them in 4 days. They are in flawless shape too, packed very well, thank you. If you would consider it, why not make those business cards you include with the shipments magnetic so we can stick them on our tool boxes. It may be worth the cost for the free marketing...

zeroptzero 08-15-2020 03:45 AM

Good to see things are on the uptick. I always appreciate people honing up to mistakes and trying to make things right. I had good purchasing experiences prior to 2019.

Seanlhy 08-15-2020 04:57 AM

+1 for Moddiction. I ordered their Convex mirrors and it arrived in less than a week. Also got an Anvil 2 on FB marketplace and the quality is top notch.

Dynamic 08-02-2022 07:26 PM

Looking for Anvil 2

Originally Posted by Seanlhy (Post 24761477)
+1 for Moddiction. I ordered their Convex mirrors and it arrived in less than a week. Also got an Anvil 2 on FB marketplace and the quality is top notch.

Hey, I’m a newer S2000 owner (purchased in December of 2021) and I noticed Moddiction almost never has the anvil 2 in stock. Is there another website, or new website for them that I can go to and safely & reliably order one? I really want one and have heard countless great things about those knobs.

randomwalk101 12-19-2022 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by Dynamic (Post 24947931)
Hey, I’m a newer S2000 owner (purchased in December of 2021) and I noticed Moddiction almost never has the anvil 2 in stock. Is there another website, or new website for them that I can go to and safely & reliably order one? I really want one and have heard countless great things about those knobs.

If you still looking for this shift knob, I have one for sale. It's Moddiction knob that I bought from them last year... I'm one of the lucky ones that they actually shipped. LOL It's the engraved version (red) in the middle of this picture.

Moddiction Anvil 2 Shift Knob

manchild83 12-19-2022 05:32 AM

For as much as I can tell, Moddiction comes and goes. I was able to snag a plain engraved Anvil 2 the last time his store was active. It's for sale in the classified section
here
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/member-s...shape-1214407/
I've replaced mine with an ARC Titanium.