UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Liam-R S2000 build diary - Fast Road Car Build.

Old 12-16-2014, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liam-R S2000 build diary - Fast Road Car Build.

Just a little diary for myself and others to look at.

Got a few things to do the car over the next year, hopefully turbo and restore the underneath of the car.

Ill post up a few pic of what I've done so far so I know where I am with the car.

So this is what it started like over a year ago when I purchased it.

First thing I had to do, was get rid of those TERRIBLE clear indicators, so I contacted someone from the USA and had some shipped over.

Then I decided I wasnt happy with the height of the car, so purchased some BC Racing coilovers and installed those.

Went to a few meets and had a few fans of the new ride height and the "racecar" look.

Exhaust I had wasnt loud enough, so managed to get hold of a Invidia N1 system, with a sports cat and manifold.

Do all the work to the car myself, so had a friend help me put the exhaust on...

Decided I wanted to go down a new route, and join the "Stance" boys.

I purchased some BBS LM alloy wheels from Dillon on here so test fitted them..

They were desperately in need of a refurb, so I sent them away to be polished and for a colour change.

Got the wheels back, put them in the man cave....

Got them wrapped in fresh stretched rubber and stuck them on the car....

Saw a Big Brake Kit for sale on eBay, and decided to go for it...

Wasn't happy with the leather seats so I decided to get some red Bride bucket seats for the JDMness.
At the same time, I managed to get hold of a smoothed front bumper with the lip I always wanted...

Was happy with the car at that point, so entered a car show and came 4th out of 110 cars that entered.

I noticed that the arches had started to bubble on the S and they were in need of repair as long as a few other places.. I wanted to go lower, so had the rear arches cut and rolled flush..

Whilst the body work was being done, I thought feck it... lets go the whole hog and get it resprayed a totally different colour.... I chose Audi Ibis White.

So within a day of it being resprayed... this happened... thank you speed hump.

So its going back into the bodyshop friday to be repaired and front arches modified to allow for the lows.

I was away in the USA for 3 months (whilst the car was being resprayed) and I couldnt stop watching videos of boosted s2000's, so I decided whilst out there I would go down that route and purchase some turbo conversion parts.

Had a custom log manifold made, custom made hard intercooler piping and end caps, and the rest from tuner stores.

Tial 38mm wastegate (x2)
Old 12-16-2014, 12:48 PM

Tial 50mm BOV

Borg Warner s366 turbo with ID1000s in the back ground.

Thats it for now... Hopefully get the car back this weekend, and next month take the car off the road and start stripping, restoring what I can and the turbo conversion starts
Old 12-16-2014, 01:14 PM

Stunning car mate!!
Old 12-16-2014, 01:24 PM

Cheers dude! Im in love with it Its my pride and joy!
Old 12-16-2014, 02:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I wasn't sure at the first few images then it all started to take some good turns and I like the white a lot. Not a massive fan of the wheel colour but you can always change that when you see the light

Like what's going on with it though
Old 12-16-2014, 02:28 PM

The wheel colour will be changing soon

The car is coming off the road in January or Feb, and the work begins

This is going to be one HUGE learning curve
Old 12-16-2014, 11:15 PM

Personally i would raise the car before you start with boosting her. Whilst low is 'nice' for looks.. Pushing extra horses out the back whilst in that state may make the car a bit if a pig to handle

Nice car though
Old 12-16-2014, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by ADAM_ROB_UK
Personally i would raise the car before you start with boosting her. Whilst low is 'nice' for looks.. Pushing extra horses out the back whilst in that state may make the car a bit if a pig to handle

Nice car though
Yeah, I was speaking to a friend about this the other day... Im hoping to enter a few car shows with my car in future, so was considering air ride... but hes not sure how it will cope with about 500hp lol...

If all doesn't go to plan, ill just sell these wheels and go for some rpf1's with some decent tyres.

Got a feeling thats where this project is heading.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:19 PM

Hi Liam, nice car! I think i saw you at Mod Nats this year and maybe also North wealds meet?

I did Exactly the same thing to my front arch I want to go lower but it already scrapes on anything it can find and i live in London so it finds a lot.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Louisq
Hi Liam, nice car! I think i saw you at Mod Nats this year and maybe also North wealds meet?

I did Exactly the same thing to my front arch I want to go lower but it already scrapes on anything it can find and i live in London so it finds a lot.

Hi buddy, Yeah it was me at Modified Nationals... in a very very muddy field haha! I nearly cried after spending hours cleaning her.

I didnt go to the North Wealds meet though, never heard of it

Both of my arches have damage now, all bent up. Thinking of getting some Js racing wide fenders.

All extra bodywork can wait though, got to get this engine bay stripped in new year

Quick Reply: Liam-R S2000 build diary - Fast Road Car Build.