S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Discussion on Television Programs

Old 10-05-2015, 07:55 AM

Received 705 Likes on 432 Posts
Default Discussion on Television Programs

This season has brought some interesting new programming to prime time. We're really enjoying the new Limitless series and Blindspot. Still enjoying Homeland (haven't seen the new episode from last night yet). What new or returning programs are on your must-see list?
Old 10-05-2015, 08:06 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

My two favorites at the moment:

Heroes Reborn
Black List
Old 10-05-2015, 08:44 AM

Received 2,509 Likes on 1,513 Posts

How It Is Made is my favorite. I can't wait to see how they made things and occasionally pick the show apart because they say things that aren't quite right!
Old 10-05-2015, 09:08 AM

Received 1,106 Likes on 987 Posts

Big Bang Theory. NCIS. And of course Seinfeld MASH and other reruns.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:27 AM

I love Blacklist too. Another one is Criminal Minds. I DVR a lot of things and we watch them whenever we get around to them.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:12 PM

Received 4,930 Likes on 2,990 Posts

I’ve got several older shows that I watch and all the networks like to cram them in on Sunday night. Thank goodness for a DVR or on demand, so we can watch them throughout the week. They are Downton Abbey, The Good Wife, Madam Secretary, Homeland, Chicago Fire, American Pickers, Blacklist, Blue Bloods, and Hell on Wheels (I really like that one but next year is its last season). We enjoy Antique Road Show too but I don’t tape every new show.

As for new stuff – Public Morals isn’t bad. I have only seen the first show for Blood & Oil and Quantico. Those are to be determined. One show I enjoyed the first couple seasons was Master of Sex but it became a boring soap.

I’ve not heard of the two you mentioned Val.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:22 PM

Love Downton Abbey and looking forward to the next (and last season). Quickly decided Masters of Sex was not to my liking, but surprising enough I enjoyed The Affair. +1 did not like it so I watched it alone. We occasionally catch an episode of Chicago PD on demand but I do not DVR that one. On Syfy I like Continuum and Haven but I try to catch them on demand. I watch The Good Wife from time to time, but don't DVR it and seem to be able to catch up even if I miss an episode or two. We feel that we watch way too much tv, but alas such is life when you are somewhat confined. I'm glad to see some interesting new things coming along. Dave, I think you would enjoy Limitless. It has a lot of potential. That new one, Blindspot has a lot of promise as well. You may enjoy that. The star is quite lovely.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:16 PM

Received 4,930 Likes on 2,990 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine
Love Downton Abbey and looking forward to the next (and last season). Quickly decided Masters of Sex was not to my liking, but surprising enough I enjoyed The Affair. +1 did not like it so I watched it alone. We occasionally catch an episode of Chicago PD on demand but I do not DVR that one. On Syfy I like Continuum and Haven but I try to catch them on demand. I watch The Good Wife from time to time, but don't DVR it and seem to be able to catch up even if I miss an episode or two. We feel that we watch way too much tv, but alas such is life when you are somewhat confined. I'm glad to see some interesting new things coming along. Dave, I think you would enjoy Limitless. It has a lot of potential. That new one, Blindspot has a lot of promise as well. You may enjoy that. The star is quite lovely.
Judging from my list it may sound like I watch a lot of tv but I watch "zero" tv before 8PM, except for part of a news program in the morning with coffee. Thus when it comes to "shows" it is only 2-hours five days a week (S,M,T,W,T) for a grand total of 10 hours/week.

On the weekend, I watch select road racing. When hockey season starts I watch every single Red Wings game! That's my weakness and Donna's just as big a fan. As for movies on tv that's hit and miss. Last night I started watching Unbroken at 1am and it didn't end till 3:30am, so I got to sleep in this morning.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:55 PM

Received 1,409 Likes on 1,106 Posts

Other than CNN, South Park and SNL, an occasional baseball game or football game and documentary I don't have the patience to watch TV shows. Actually years ago I was addicted to Hill Street Blues and had to be home every week to watch it. I swore not to let that happen again and so far I've been able to resist getting involved in any show.

Liz watches Downton Abbey and a few others, but I'd much rather surf the web and listen to music.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:24 AM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,565 Posts

I'm a pretty avid HGTV watcher. Several programs on there I like. And those real estate shows on Bravo. But I like some game shows, too (Let's Make a Deal for example - Wayne Brady is really funny). I generally have the TV on when I'm doing other stuff. The multitasking that women are so good at. I've also saved almost all the Oscar movies from this last year. Haven't watched them yet, except for Grand Hotel Budapest. I really, really like Xfinity's (Comcast) X1. So glad I upgraded.

Waiting for Downton Abbey to come back on for it's last season. Great show. I loved Mad Men, but alas, it's gone.

Quick Reply: Discussion on Television Programs