UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Donington Historic Festival - Fri 28th to Sun 30th April *

Old 11-03-2016, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Donington Historic Festival - Fri 28th to Sun 30th April *

We've managed a small gathering of S2000 at the last few meets. I've never understood why this meet gets so few attendees, generally, not just from here, especially with the 2 for 1 ticket offer.

Anway, here is the gumpf.

Fans of historic motorsport of all eras have a treat in store over the May Bank Holiday weekend when race cars from the 1920s to the 1990s take to the track for the Donington Historic Festival (Friday 28th, Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th April).

Across 17 exhilarating races, the Donington Historic Festival will showcase some 400 world-class competition machines. Single-seaters, Le Mans prototypes, GT cars, sportscars and Touring Cars will converge on a circuit renowned for fantastic on-track action and superb spectator viewing.

With close-fought racing every day, over 400 historic racing cars spanning seven decades, historic rally car and karting action and a ‘living motoring museum’ created by dozens of car clubs displays – plus a host of other attractions – exhilaration and entertainment is guaranteed, whether you buy a ticket for one, two or all three days! Friday is an action-packed qualifying day, where the drivers will be going all-out to put themselves on the front of the grid. Saturday and Sunday are all-race days, where the battles for the chequered flag will rage.

On each day of the Festival gates open at 07.30am and the circuit activity starts at 9.10am, finishing at around 6.30pm.

Members of car clubs registered to attend the event benefit from a two-for-one ticket offer on advance discounted tickets when they quote their unique club code at time of booking (car club booking deadline is Sunday, April 23rdh and all car club tickets must be booked in advance). Each pair of club tickets also includes an infield parking pass for club display vehicles, allowing them to join the other cars on display in their club's dedicated infield parking area, to create a fantastic exhibit for all spectators to enjoy. Children aged 15 and under (accompanied by an adult) get in for free. www.doningtonhistoric.com

With an established reputation as a premier international historic racing event, the new format is an exciting change that will allow this year’s festival to be even bigger and better. Stars of the 2016 event included Le Mans winner Jackie Oliver and BTCC champions Andrew Jordan, Matt Neal and Colin Turkington. They were joined on the track by a spectacular variety of historic racing cars, from famous marques such as Ferrari, Aston Martin, Jaguar, BMW, Bugatti, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Lotus and Lola, to name but a few.

The theme of this year’s event – the seventh consecutive Donington Historic Festival – is ‘get involved’ and organisers have invested in a diverse range of entertainment both on and off the track in which families and fans can get immersed. This means that the popular rally car stage returns, together with a new stunt driving arena and other new attractions soon to be announced.

Richard Grafton, commercial director of Historic Promotions – which organises Donington Historic Festival – commented: “There is nothing like getting close to the action and experiencing historic racing cars in all their glory. Donington is a great venue for allowing visitors to become part of the story and, now that the site has even more space available, we have an exciting opportunity to expand what we can offer.”

He continued: “This year, we wanted to create an immersive experience and so we’ve secured more content in which people can participate. It is an event that gives visitors close access to exhilarating entertainment, so we want people to leave Donington Historic Festival with a sense of delight and amazement at what they have experienced.”

TICKETS

All car club tickets must be booked in advance.

Please note the club ticket booking deadline of 5pm on Sunday, April 23rd

See Tickets levies some additional charges on top of our ticket prices - a booking fee per ticket to cover their admin costs, plus a transaction fee on the total order.

*Your members get tickets on a buy one, get one free offer, based on a minimum of two tickets. Children aged 15 and under (accompanied by an adult) get in for free. EACH PAIR OF CLUB TICKETS WILL INCLUDE ONE INFIELD PARKING PASS

Order tickets online
Donington Historic Festival Tickets

Your members must enter your club's unique offer code and press the 'use code' button.
TO GET THE CODE PLEASE EMAIL s2kuk@s2kuk.com with Subject line "DONINGTON CODE"

Please note that car club discounted tickets are offered in multiples of two, and the price shown on the ticket site is the discounted price for just one ticket. When they add two tickets to their basket, they will therefore be getting two tickets for the (full) price of one. If they want four tickets for the price of two full-priced ones, they must click '4'! See also ‘Infield Parking’, below.

Buying tickets over the phone

Ticket hotline number is: 0844 873 7355 Your members will need to quote the car club code to take advantage of the club offer. *(please note, calls cost 7p per minute plus the phone company’s access charge).

Ticket Despatch - about three weeks before the event.

INFIELD PARKING

The car club display area in the infield is a great attraction for car club members and other Festival visitors alike. We are keen to keep it looking as good as possible – which usually works well, provided that clubs respect our guidelines re display and non-display vehicles!

Each pair of tickets booked will include one infield parking pass. Your members can request further infield parking passes when they book their tickets. We ask that club members don’t request more than they will actually need! We also ask them to provide details of the car the pass is for, at time of booking. We do appreciate that a small number of people won’t know (e.g. they might be preparing a car, be hoping to buy a car or have more than one to choose from!) but we think most should be able to complete this information.

In the interests of keeping your display looking as good as possible, we also ask that any club members arriving in a vehicle that is not forming part of the club display park their car in the public car park, not in the infield.

LUNCHTIME PARADES
There will be parades for a limited number of club vehicles each lunchtime. Details to follow.

ACCOMMODATION
Camping is available next door to the circuit - at the Donington Park Farm House Hotel. Details of camping, hotels and local B&Bs can be found here: Donington - Hotels near Donington Park | Donington Park

DISABLED VISITORS
Disabled ticket holders that require full time assistance should be provided with one free ticket at the gate for their care assistant, partner or accompanying friend. In order to receive this free ticket, the disabled visitor will need to bring along a copy of their most recent DLA letter showing their current entitlement as well as their blue badge, should they require car parking on site. The disabled access area and viewing point will be confirmed before the event.

Last edited by minvo; 04-30-2017 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Updates
Old 11-04-2016, 05:40 AM
Community Organizer

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Clashes with Japfest but could maybe do both or could do this instead... I'm a maybe!
Old 11-04-2016, 12:05 PM

I'm used to being Billy no mates at Donington.....

one year someone asked me if I had parked in the wrong place as I was the only S2000 there.....
Old 11-05-2016, 02:34 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenmanS2000
I'm used to being Billy no mates at Donington.....

one year someone asked me if I had parked in the wrong place as I was the only S2000 there.....

LEEF usually goes - and there have been a few others over time.
We are aiming to publicise the events more for 2017 through mailings, social media (fb, /s2kuk twitter @s2kuk and instagram @s2kuk), and get as many on the Calendar as possible
Old 11-05-2016, 04:41 AM

Old 11-05-2016, 10:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I shall be there!
Old 11-05-2016, 11:07 AM

Received 71 Likes on 61 Posts

Enjoyed this year (our first time). Not sure we can make it next year but if we can we will.
Old 11-05-2016, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by LEEF
I shall be there!
Old 11-07-2016, 07:29 AM

I will be there again this year albeit in a different s2k !
Old 11-29-2016, 12:46 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Ticket info added

Quick Reply: Donington Historic Festival - Fri 28th to Sun 30th April *