UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Sprinting/hill-climb or competing in an S2000 2017

Old 04-20-2017, 10:07 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Sprinting/hill-climb or competing in an S2000 2017

New season is upon us and reading around it seems there are a few that take to the track in one form or another, i'll be doing a few more sprints and having ago at the odd hill climb this year along with Ricardo Mike and Lee with our first event this Sun at Curborough on the figure of 8 layout and although lee isn't joining us on this one there is another booked in so still 4 to take the start,

Would be great to hear from and see a few Pics from anyone else who is competing in any form of motor sport in an S2000

Old 04-21-2017, 03:17 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I wish they would spell my name right haha. It's going to be nice to get out for a pedal, feels like we haven't been in years.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is out and about on the hill climb at Wiscombe on Sunday 23rd April. Weather is dry, so should be more fun than last year when it was damp and then wet.

Neil
Old 04-21-2017, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by seatonsurfer
Mine is out and about on the hill climb at Wiscombe on Sunday 23rd April. Weather is dry, so should be more fun than last year when it was damp and then wet.

Neil
Hi Neil, keep us updated on your day if you can and a few pics if poss, all the best for Sun
Old 04-22-2017, 07:52 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Good luck with the first race chaps. I think the weather may be kind to you.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Soggybottomboy
Good luck with the first race chaps. I think the weather may be kind to you.
I would like it to rain,,,i only get placed when it's raining
Old 04-26-2017, 04:27 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Interesting weekend racing again. Life began for myself by checking tyre pressures at 6am to be greeted with the sound of air rapidly leaving the tyre. Fortunately tweezers saved the day and pulled valve out which was stuck, left it carried on to Curborough. I've had man flu over the weekend, which made the morning events and day even more painful.

With only a small attendance of the day, we were greeted from the off with the potential of three timed runs. I decided to run the car as it was, and not risk checking tyre pressures. Managed to set my best time in practice 2, and subsequently went off the boil in timed run 1&2. Managed to pull it back in timed run 3, taking the win for the class. I was brave enough having done two timed runs to check tyre pressures, to realise I was 7 psi down in the effected tyre. Lesson learnt there.

Today we had confirmation that Ricardo's penalty was revoked and his original time for run 2 being reinstated. That means Ric takes the top championship points, despite coming second on the day. Ray picked up 3rd in class, with 3 very consistent timed runs. This is a little of his previous pace from last years pedalling, hopefully its just the cob webs that need shaking off after 6 months. It felt very scrappy after the winter hiatus, and think there's a lot of work need by all of us to bring back the smooth.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:18 AM

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Good start - Looking forward to more results.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:39 PM

Wake up call, i an't fast enough where was my rain, but still a good weekend out with the lads,

There should have being 4 S2000's in our group but sadly Mike Hawley got bumped into another group through a tyre infringement after he mistakenly turned up on R888's, Steve the championship organiser thought it would be unfair to have a car on trackday tyres competing against 1a road tyres which our class should run, this was a shame as we were all looking forward to competing against another S not that i would have bothered him being 2s slower than Ric who took class win for the championship points best over 2 timed runs and Mike who took class win overall on the day best over 3 timed runs, really looking forward to going to Loton and Harewood later in the year ,

Rics Mate Paolo (have i spelt that right Ric) getting advise as to where the track is

Mike receiving his winning trophy

Thanks to all the lads that came to support us, Lee Alex Graeme Ron and Paolo

Last edited by Daytona-Dave; 04-26-2017 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:37 PM

Received 623 Likes on 545 Posts

I want to come. Are you allowed slightly modded cars
and are AD08s track tyres? Looks grear fun!

i'd be lethal.. is there plenty of run off

Quick Reply: Sprinting/hill-climb or competing in an S2000 2017