S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Best water hoses for a gtx3076

Old 04-21-2017, 12:37 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Best water hoses for a gtx3076

Hi guys. I just found today that the water hose for my gtx3076 hot water out has a rip on it. These are the rubber hosing that came with the pfab elt kit. I was driving on a highway and noticed white smoke coming from under the hood. I pulled over and saw blueish water dripping from my hose clamp.

I had some tools lying in the trunk of my car. Undid the hose clamps. Cut the hose and reattached and reclamped. Lossened the nipple to the engine block and let the air bubbles out as i topped of the radiator with half bottle of water.
Disaster averted?
I wonder what are good replacement for them water hoses to my gtx3076. Wonder if i should change for the water feed hose and return at the same time?.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:46 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Using rubber lines as water lines connected that close to the hot turbo will cause the rubber lines to turn brittle, crack, and leak. This also applies to lines going to the external wastegate.

You can try this:
DIY Turbo Water Line Kit Garrett GT25 GT28 GT30 GT35

Or this should work:
DIY Turbo Water Line Kit M14 x 1.5mm Garrett T25 T28

I have mine plumbed into the intake manifold and the throttle body. So I plumbed it using 4AN lines:

Don’t forget that you need to buy 2 OF EACH.

Banjo Bolt kit M14x1.5 mm to -4AN Garrett GT28R GT30R GT35R T28 Turbo Coolant:
Banjo Bolt Kit 4AN to M14x1.5 Turbo Water coolant Garrett GT25R GT28R GT30R | eBay

ZEX Stainless Steel Braided Hoses NS6612:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/zex-ns6612

Summit Racing SUM-220755B - Summit Racing® AN to Nipple Twist-Tite Fittings:
http://www.summitracing.com/search?S...rd=SUM-220755B

With my setup the it goes from the turbo to the banjo bolt to the SS braided lines to the -4AN barb adapter to a rubber line then to the manifold and throttle body.

I also took rubber hose and split them length wise and wrapped them over the SS lines to prevent them from cutting into any parts that they come in contact with.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Forcedbird
Using rubber lines as water lines connected that close to the hot turbo will cause the rubber lines to turn brittle, crack, and leak. This also applies to lines going to the external wastegate.

You can try this:
DIY Turbo Water Line Kit Garrett GT25 GT28 GT30 GT35

Or this should work:
DIY Turbo Water Line Kit M14 x 1.5mm Garrett T25 T28

I have mine plumbed into the intake manifold and the throttle body. So I plumbed it using 4AN lines:

Don’t forget that you need to buy 2 OF EACH.

Banjo Bolt kit M14x1.5 mm to -4AN Garrett GT28R GT30R GT35R T28 Turbo Coolant:
Banjo Bolt Kit 4AN to M14x1.5 Turbo Water coolant Garrett GT25R GT28R GT30R eBay

ZEX Stainless Steel Braided Hoses NS6612:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/zex-ns6612

Summit Racing SUM-220755B - Summit Racing® AN to Nipple Twist-Tite Fittings:
http://www.summitracing.com/search?S...rd=SUM-220755B

With my setup the it goes from the turbo to the banjo bolt to the SS braided lines to the -4AN barb adapter to a rubber line then to the manifold and throttle body.

I also took rubber hose and split them length wise and wrapped them over the SS lines to prevent them from cutting into any parts that they come in contact with.
thanks bro. Great info.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:47 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

You can use rubber lines if you want but I would make sure you protect them with a heat shield.

See link for ideas.
https://www.heatshieldproducts.com/a...maflect-sleeve
Old 04-28-2017, 09:47 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by gtracer
You can use rubber lines if you want but I would make sure you protect them with a heat shield.

See link for ideas.
https://www.heatshieldproducts.com/a...maflect-sleeve
I'd still advise against that as I had rubber lines with heatshields (Sleeves) that went over them........twice and they still leaked. Switched to SS lines and never had a problem since. It was such a PITA with my setup because you have to drop the turbo (necessary oil change, coolant bleed, intake, exhaust, etc......) to change the lines.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:09 PM

Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

I'd only use SS lines. Rubber WILL crack over time. Been there, done that. There's a reason every water line on turbocharged car from the factory is a metal hard line right at the turbo. Some do transition to rubber once it's far enough away from the turbine side.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:59 AM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I had SS braided lines on my GT3076R. The inner PTFE got too hot and they leaked through the braid. Even though I was careful, watched temperatures, and replaced/relocated them as needed, I missed it once, and one trip was enough to overheat and blow my motor.

I would strongly recommend something that is solid until the lines are a few inches away from the turbo.

Tim
Old 05-05-2017, 04:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used "silicone" heater hose with good results. It's far more heat resistant than rubber hose. The local NAPA carries it. Even so, I place a section of red silicone heat sleeve over the hose.

Silicone fire sleeve

Silicone heater hose
Old 06-03-2017, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Forcedbird
I'd still advise against that as I had rubber lines with heatshields (Sleeves) that went over them........twice and they still leaked. Switched to SS lines and never had a problem since. It was such a PITA with my setup because you have to drop the turbo (necessary oil change, coolant bleed, intake, exhaust, etc......) to change the lines.
i just ordered the diy turbo water lines M14 X1.5mm to 4an fittings. I'll do the return first since it's the only one that's leaking for the second time and accessable. I got some (temporary fix) heater hoses from O'Riley for the time being until they arrive in a couple of days. It'll be a pain in the a. to do the feed line as it's on the bottom.

Last edited by nguyen365; 06-03-2017 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:17 PM

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

I have been running water cooled garrett turbos for many many years in all my cars and for the water cooling you must run a hard line. This really is the only way to go. I use to run rubber lines off the center section and the may last a few months before they crack and break. Then i switch to stanless steel an lines and they were way better but they too would leak at the an fitting after maybe a year or 2. This is with the line wrapped in heat sleeves. worst of all with stainless line you cannot see or tell the condition of the lines. I now run evo8 hard lines off the center section pointing torwards the cold section of the turbo then i just use standard rubber lines to connect to the evo8 hard lines. This setup will be good for 100,000+ miles with out issues. There is a reason why all factory turbo cars run hard water lines off the turbo.

Here is my ptunning kit with a garrett gtx3076r with evo 8 hardline for the water.

Name:  053627B1-A483-44B5-A24A-C6310A5C39CF_zpswijhlm9m.jpg
Views: 1314
Size:  1.88 MB

Quick Reply: Best water hoses for a gtx3076