Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Any other New 2017 Civic Type R Owners?

Old 08-06-2017, 11:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Any other New 2017 Civic Type R Owners?

I searched for a thread on the topic but didn't come across any. Just people discussing the 2017 Civic Type R etc so I figured I would start up the conversation...

As the title states. Do we have any other 2017 Civic Type R owners on here?

If so, what do you guys think about it compared to your S2000? Did you keep your S2000 and plan to keep it around or are you selling yours because of your new CTR purchase?

What color did you go with? Also, what badge # did you end up with?

Of course we need to see some pics too!

Any other New 2017 Civic Type R Owners?-jzrnspt.jpg

Any other New 2017 Civic Type R Owners?-xwfsphh.jpg

Any other New 2017 Civic Type R Owners?-gnussot.jpg

I got extremely lucky and the dealer I worked with from day one many months before the actual release ended up getting Championship White (#490) which was my #1 color choice. Picked her up on June 20th and have loved every single mile so far. I just broke 600 miles today so I'll finally be able to raise some hell now to see how she really stacks up against my S2000 and every other Honda I've had and built over the years. So far though in the first 600 miles I can say she is definitely my favorite Honda out of the 20+ I've had over the years but as of right now the S2000 still wins in overall fun factor. In my opinion, my S2000 is what I would consider close to perfection when you're behind the wheel, I have yet to drive or own anything that can hold a candle to the experience it gives you. We'll see if that changes though now that I can finally open up the CTR and see what she can do... I'll have loads of mtn, autocross and track day etc videos and my feedback soon over on my blog as I don't want to bore you guys too much here as I've already typed too much as it is rambling on lol.

Oh and to answer the rest of my questions I posted above for everybody else. I did keep my S2000 and don't plan on selling it. Yes the Type R is faster but they are two different animals. I made the mistake of selling my first S2000 many years ago and don't plan on making that mistake again with my second and current S2000.
The following 2 users liked this post by froggie3kb:
JonBoy (08-15-2017), Kami Speed (02-08-2018)
Old 08-07-2017, 05:20 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats on your purchase! I'd like to own one eventually. I do think comparing S2000s and new Type Rs is apples and oranges though; if the new Type R is near as fun as the S2000, great... both awesome, but different cars.

Honda Pro Kevin, huh? Taking a lesson from Honda Pro Jason?
Old 08-07-2017, 07:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VilleS2K
Congrats on your purchase! I'd like to own one eventually. I do think comparing S2000s and new Type Rs is apples and oranges though; if the new Type R is near as fun as the S2000, great... both awesome, but different cars.

Honda Pro Kevin, huh? Taking a lesson from Honda Pro Jason?
Thanks! Oh yeah, definitely like comparing apples and oranges...

Kinda sorta but not really. He does Honda cars and I started doing Honda motorcycles, ATVs etc a few years ago after being in the industry over a decade so kinda like comparing apples and oranges again haha
Old 08-07-2017, 10:07 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep I have one. My name is CTR_Gavin on Civicx. I think we've spoken a few times actually.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan picking up a CTR from my local dealer at msrp at some point but I will have to give up my s2000. All my friends are telling me not to sell it but I cant afford both cars. Out of the 20+ plus cars ive owned the s2k is definitely my favorite one. I also think I will enjoy the space, power, better brakes and new tech in the 2017 CTR.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:31 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by froggie3kb
Oh and to answer the rest of my questions I posted above for everybody else. I did keep my S2000 and don't plan on selling it. Yes the Type R is faster but they are two different animals. I made the mistake of selling my first S2000 many years ago and don't plan on making that mistake again with my second and current S2000.
this is exactly the reason why I plan on keeping the S when I buy the Type R. Al ot of my friend who has sold it has either went and bought another one or is fully regretting the decision to sell it.

Problem is I only have a one car garage and the S is staying inside so i'm going to have to park it in my driveway.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:13 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by boosted180sx
this is exactly the reason why I plan on keeping the S when I buy the Type R. Al ot of my friend who has sold it has either went and bought another one or is fully regretting the decision to sell it.

Problem is I only have a one car garage and the S is staying inside so i'm going to have to park it in my driveway.
I regret selling all of my S2000s but once I get in the R and give it a good go, I forget all about the S.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:24 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm hoping that would be the case but I'm not sure if the R alone would satisfy my "fun" needs.

I've personally never driven it yet but I don't think a 5dr fwd turbo hatch and a 2dr rwd high revving roadster would give me the same driving "feel" or "fun" as you can call it.
The R would be no doubt much faster and be more refined at the same time than the S stock for stock though. I just feel like it's comparing 2 different kind of cars.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn that thing is beautiful. But when I look at it, I can't get passed it being FWD, it just looks like it shouldn't be lol.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:15 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine is #2033 in Canada.

The S2000 is probably still a little bit more fun to drive, but not by much. The CTR on the other hand is a much better daily driver for a number of reasons:
- My s2k an AP1 with a lot of mileage
- My s2k is modded with after market engine mounts, tranny mounts, HFC, exhaust, header, so it's louder and transmits more vibration
- The CTR in comfort mode rides well and comes with a nice infotainment system and stereo system. Not the best sound system out there but definitely better than what I have in the S2k.
The following users liked this post:
Kami Speed (02-08-2018)

Quick Reply: Any other New 2017 Civic Type R Owners?