Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

thoughts on gtr

Old 08-18-2017, 04:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default thoughts on gtr

Is there anyone who has sold their s2k for a gtr and regretted it? I know it's a completely different driving experience, but I'm starting to get the urge for something new. It just sucks because all my friends/family tell me to keep my s2k but I feel like I want something new. I'd be looking for a 2012 and up...Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:29 PM

Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by LDfavoriteson
Is there anyone who has sold their s2k for a gtr and regretted it? I know it's a completely different driving experience, but I'm starting to get the urge for something new. It just sucks because all my friends/family tell me to keep my s2k but I feel like I want something new. I'd be looking for a 2012 and up...Any advice would be appreciated.
Do you like big power or taking corners quickly? The GTR is easy to drive fast, but it's not that entertaining in a corner. Like most AWD cars, it just pushes through corners. It's big and doesn't rotate that quickly. But it accelerates damn hard and can make a ton of power with mods.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:35 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

I spent about 5hrs behind the wheel of a 2009 about a month ago, it was upgraded with about 650-700 HP at the crank and was really great. The GTR is a real monster but I love the agility of the S2000, just wish it could pull like a GTR but not many cars can.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by spdracerut
Do you like big power or taking corners quickly? The GTR is easy to drive fast, but it's not that entertaining in a corner. Like most AWD cars, it just pushes through corners. It's big and doesn't rotate that quickly. But it accelerates damn hard and can make a ton of power with mods.
I like taking corners fast, but at this point I want something with big power. I'm also intrigued with AWD as I've never had a car with AWD. The thought of something that can make alot of power with bolt on appeals to me...
Old 08-18-2017, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Hfreak
I spent about 5hrs behind the wheel of a 2009 about a month ago, it was upgraded with about 650-700 HP at the crank and was really great. The GTR is a real monster but I love the agility of the S2000, just wish it could pull like a GTR but not many cars can.
That sounds like fun! I def know that feeling, every time I drive another car it feels less agile. I drove a Challenger last yr and was not a fan lolol.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:53 PM

Received 483 Likes on 367 Posts

It's like comparing having sex with a 6 or 7 without a condom or sex with a 9 or 10 with one.
The following 3 users liked this post by TheDonEffect:
LDfavoriteson (08-19-2017), S2KIWI (08-19-2017), Tuan85 (08-21-2017)
Old 08-19-2017, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
It's like comparing having sex with a 6 or 7 without a condom or sex with a 9 or 10 with one.
It all makes sense now! hahahaha
Old 08-19-2017, 05:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
Wow that's a great analogy lol.

What about have your cake and eat it - LS swap?
Old 08-19-2017, 09:22 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

It's the next car I'm going to add to the garage. I think 14-15 model years offer the best improvements and power. The 17 interior looks a bit nicer, might snatch that up if the timing works.

Claiming it's numb on a forum that says the NSX has feedback is hypocritical. The two cars feel nearly the same when driven hard. If you've never been around one on the track it's certainly not boring. The constant leg humping of the S2k and it's amazing feel suggests to me most of you haven't driven a car with true road feel. When the S2k was launched it was claimed to have very numb steering. Almost 20 years later it's the benchmark? hmm.

What does happen to GTR owners is the quest for more power. Here's how it seems to play. The car is so fast and balanced that to get the thrill of less car you need to go a lot faster. This pushes people to get into the 700-1k HP range to keep feeling that rush after the initial 0-60 thrills wear off. I think this is not a fault of the 'feedback' but the simple fact that balanced cars don't thrill. My daily driver is extremely planted at 150 and you just can't believe you're going so fast.

Co-worker has been daily driving one for the last 5 years. Including snow and ice covered roads. No issues, no expensive repairs but his rate of tickets might have gone up. It does have a 60k service that is spark plugs, tranny, and coolant. Dealers charge a lot for this. Brakes have come down and there is after market support. Rubber will set you back if you drive it hard. The value in the used marked is what has caught my attention. They're now half price, and sitting on dealers lots. They'll keep dropping in value but not as fast as other cars. The hand built engine and tranny in Japan, broken in by Nissan before delivery and almost 10 years later still crushing other cars. That's pretty neat in my opinion. The performance for dollar is unmatched, they're extremely reliable and comfortable; on and off the track.

I'd by a garage queen and enjoy it.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:20 AM

Received 483 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KIWI
Wow that's a great analogy lol.

What about have your cake and eat it - LS swap?
Plastic surgery, seems right but doesnt...

Quick Reply: thoughts on gtr