Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Last Start-Up Today Before Storage.....

Old 12-09-2017, 09:52 AM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts
Default Last Start-Up Today Before Storage and Made a List of All MY Mods/Changes .

I had to do some garage clean up today to make room for the snow blower. I moved the S2000 and ran the A/C for 10+ minutes to circulate the lubricant before winter storage. Put the hardtop on the car and placed foam pads under the tires. Pulling the battery and that is my winter storage procedure for this year, I kept it simple.. I took it for a quick spin around the block and cold tires sure make this car squirrely , lol.

Each fall I get ideas of selling the car, so I thought I'd make a list of everything done to my car over the years. Like others who have done this stated, you really get a sense of how much time and money gets sunk into these projects lol. You can see most of the items in my build thread.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/automoti...erior-1070897/

S2000 DETAILS – 2002 ap1

1.Engine refreshed with new ap2 oil pump, upgraded oil jet bolts, all new engine seals, all new Honda piston rings, all new Honda bearings.New Honda valve seals, and valves lapped clean.Ap2 retainers and keepers installed. New oem Honda knock sensor.
2.Mugen baffled oil pan
3.Mugen intake, Mugen header, Mugen exhaust, Mugen coil cover, Mugen Carbon Fiber Hardtop-colour-matched with titanium interior badges.
4.New OEM Honda Ap2 valvecover with JDM Honda oil cap.
5.New radium Oil catch can
6. All aluminum Spoon radiator (rare) with new OEM overflow tank, new Honda coolant.
7.New radiator hoses, and all new oem Honda heater hoses, plus new oil cooler oil to coolant hose, all new clamps on all hoses.
8.Low mileage ap2 alternator
9.Low mileage fuel injectors
10.Engine bay dress up bolts – stainless bolts and Mugen bolts.
11.Engine Torque damper - Ingalls
12.New oem engine mounts
13.J’s Racing Type -S carbon fiber hood – colour-matched
14.New ignition coils (4) Denso
15.New windshield with new OEM Honda moulding
16.New upper exterior Honda oem weatherstripping seals on both doors – driver and passenger.
17.New interior side Honda OEM weatherstripping door seals – driver and passenger.
18.Redline 5w40 Oil changes, LE1605 Diff fluid, Amsoil MTF tranny fluid changes yearly 4-5k kms .
19.Custom LED daytime running lights, new.
20.Interior – newer low mile oem Ap1 Honda seats (blue), new extended floor mats (Ricks), upgraded Sony Head unit with handsfree phone & mic, rear Infinity speakers, upgraded front Infinity speakers, custom leather steering wheel (thickened),custom shift boot, custom alacantara elbowrest, custom leather sunvisors, custom leather door card inserts (blue),ap2 door cards, moddiction shift knob, Spoon rear-view mirror.Air-fuel ratio meter, oil pressure meter,Apexi NEO VTEC Controller, Modifry DCI radio interface with variable speed volume, custom kill-switch (security), tinted windows, hardtop security locks (heel-toe), custom seat lock security bolts, carbon fiber center console cover (PWDJDM),ap2 center console,CR radio door,CR center console drawer,Modifry rear console organizer , low mile clutch pedal replacement.
21.New LED instrument cluster with multi-colour display, white gauges with muticolour tach display..
22.Mint condition soft top with custom cloth headliner, white gauges and multi-colour tach.
23.New front windshield frame weatherstripping
24.New hardtop front striker plates
25.Front upper titanium strut bar – ARC – super-rare
26.CR front steering rack stiffeners - 2
27. Beatrush lower front chassis brace
28.Spoon lower front x-brace.
29.Lightweight 17 lb Braille Battery
30.New authentic Honda ap1 front lower chin spoiler
31.New Honda black badges front and rear.
32.Front bumper clear bra
33.New headlight HID bulbs, and LED parking bulbs
34.Factory rustproofing
35.Rear ap2 taillights- new
36.Shorty antenna
37.Custom painted Honda OEM JDM ap1 forged BBS rims (ultra light) with new Bridgestone Re11a tires front and rear.
38.Spoon front brake calipers,new front brake rotors, new rear brake rotors,new front and rear Carbotech brake pads.New stainless braided brake hoses front and rear. New brake fluid.
39.New front Honda wheel bearings, low mile front bushings
40.New Bilstein Coilovers – lifetime warranty
41.New clutch – OEM Honda disc,New Honda ap2 pressure plate, New ACT Ultralight Flywheel (8.6 lbs), new stainless braided clutch hydraulic hose.New Honda clutch master cylinder.
42.Tinted windows
43.Muz trunk saddlebags (rare).
44.Rear upper trunk spoiler – ap1 Honda OEM
45.Clear Honda CR fender corner lights with LED bulbs.
46.ARC battery heatshield – titanium – super rare.
47.New Billman Gex-X timing chain tensioner – lifetime warranty.
48.New PIAA windshield wipers, newer low-mile windshield wiper motor
49.Carbon fiber hood dampers
50.New Skunk2 adjustable cam gears.
51.Additional 12v power source added to passenger side console.
52.New Honda ap2 starter.
53.NGK sparkplugs
54. Beatrush rear lower chassis support bar.
55. Trunk additions - fire extinguisher, Honda first aid kit, tire compressor and flat tire fill kit, JDM road flare. Honda cargo net.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:01 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Damn Joey, what a list.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Hfreak
Damn Joey, what a list.
Yeah I always say my car looks and drives like a brand new vehicle, after putting the list together I can see why, lol. Thanks Todd !
Old 12-10-2017, 06:43 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Add something conservative like $20/hour for your time and it gets even crazier. Lists like that are the reason I don’t think I could sell my car. I’d take a 70% hit if I ever tried to sell it whole and probably 50% not including my time if I ever parted it. I love it too much to ever get to a number where it’d be worth selling it if I don’t need the money for something else.

Plus it’s relatively analog in a world where cars are getting increasingly digital. Fun factor is hard to value properly but it’s high for the S2000. You know when you’re going fast in the S. In the 911 you’re literally yawning doing 150kph in third gear like nothing happened.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by haga888
Add something conservative like $20/hour for your time and it gets even crazier. Lists like that are the reason I don’t think I could sell my car. I’d take a 70% hit if I ever tried to sell it whole and probably 50% not including my time if I ever parted it. I love it too much to ever get to a number where it’d be worth selling it if I don’t need the money for something else.

Plus it’s relatively analog in a world where cars are getting increasingly digital. Fun factor is hard to value properly but it’s high for the S2000. You know when you’re going fast in the S. In the 911 you’re literally yawning doing 150kph in third gear like nothing happened.
Hey Norm, you are exactly right on that, if I put a rough estimate of my time into the equation it would be a serious money loss, lol. I think it would be a hard sell either way, I would need at least $25k to sell it, yet no one is likely looking to pay anywhere near that money for an s2000 and most buyers don't appreciate the small details. Parting out has it's own issues too even at 50% cost of new parts. Thanks for the reply on this.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:18 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I think you could get $25k easily for yours. It’s clean with tasteful authentic mods. I thought you were thinking like $40k ish.
Old 12-10-2017, 02:09 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Joey! 25K? Hell, if I was looking for an '02 S, yours would be top o' my list. I'd be racing down to London with cash in hand. Of course, the deal would have to be sealed with an expresso and biscuits.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Old 12-10-2017, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by haga888
I think you could get $25k easily for yours. It’s clean with tasteful authentic mods. I thought you were thinking like $40k ish.
yeah I agree, in my heart that's what it's worth , but you know how the market is out there. $40k would be fair but not likely to fetch anywhere near that.
Old 12-10-2017, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by hawkman199
Hey Joey! 25K? Hell, if I was looking for an '02 S, yours would be top o' my list. I'd be racing down to London with cash in hand. Of course, the deal would have to be sealed with an expresso and biscuits.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Hey Robin, thanks for the kind words, I could do $25k for the car and $15k for biscuits and coffee, heck I could throw in the espresso machine and grinder for that price, lol.

Merry Christmas buddy, hope all is well with you and yours.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:32 PM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Hey Robin, thanks for the kind words, I could do $25k for the car and $15k for biscuits and coffee, heck I could throw in the espresso machine and grinder for that price, lol.

Merry Christmas buddy, hope all is well with you and yours.
I’ve seen the espresso machine. Robin you should jump on it

Joey even if you sold the car you’ll be looking for another one. Best to keep it and enjoy it.... and come to the dragon again!

Quick Reply: Last Start-Up Today Before Storage.....