S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Power window not working

Old 02-24-2018, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power window not working

AP2/2007, right side window not working.
Tried both switches.
Tried to replace fuse.
When i try to lower window with switch I hear "click" from under dashboard on passenger side but window won't move and i don't hear motor running either.
Motor works both up and down (with removed panel, when wired directly to battery) - window slides freely to both stops no issues.

Please help: what can it be?
Old 02-25-2018, 08:16 AM
oth

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Please don't be offended by this question, as numerous people have had this exact problem/solution over the years:
Is the on/off switch on the driver's side window switch in the "on" position?
The following users liked this post:
gombey43 (02-27-2018)
Old 02-25-2018, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by oth
Please don't be offended by this question, as numerous people have had this exact problem/solution over the years:
Is the on/off switch on the driver's side window switch in the "on" position?
Yes, if i switch it off, i can no longer hear a "click" when i try to operate passenger window, so it seems this part is working.
Old 02-25-2018, 12:58 PM
oth

Looks like the window switch sends +12v to the convertible top control unit (under the passenger-side dash), which in turn operates the
passenger window, unlike the driver's window. The top control unit appears to be a different fuse, so it may be that fuse which is a problem,
especially if you haven't tried the top. Looks like fuses 17 & 18 are the relevant ones.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by oth
Looks like the window switch sends +12v to the convertible top control unit (under the passenger-side dash), which in turn operates the
passenger window, unlike the driver's window. The top control unit appears to be a different fuse, so it may be that fuse which is a problem,
especially if you haven't tried the top. Looks like fuses 17 & 18 are the relevant ones.
Top works.
Which fuses are you referring?
I tried to swap these - didn't help:
Old 02-25-2018, 06:45 PM
oth

yes, those are the two that the electrical manual shows for the power windows and convertible top control unit.
At this point my best guess would be a broken wire where it enters the door, but that's total conjecture. The connector
for the door harness is a 16-cavity gray connector behind the right kick panel if you want to have a go with a multimeter.
Old 02-26-2018, 04:37 AM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

Window motor test:

There's a 2-pin connector inside the passenger door. The window goes up or down based on polarity at this connection. 12v+ to one contact and 12v- to the other. Swap them and the window will go the opposite direction. Looking at the terminal (pin) side of this male connection pin 1 is on the left; pin 2 on the right. {+ -} should move the window up. { - +} should move it down. Disconnect immediately when the motor stops running. If nothing happens the motor is bad.

You can also check the connection into the door with a volt meter the same way. Polarity will change depending on pressing Up or Down on the switch.

Page 22-235 of the 2007 Service Manual. Page 22-129 of the on-line 2003 edition with the Japanese girl in the bikini on the cover that you can down load.

-- Chuck
Old 02-26-2018, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Window motor test:

There's a 2-pin connector inside the passenger door. The window goes up or down based on polarity at this connection. 12v+ to one contact and 12v- to the other. Swap them and the window will go the opposite direction. Looking at the terminal (pin) side of this male connection pin 1 is on the left; pin 2 on the right. {+ -} should move the window up. { - +} should move it down. Disconnect immediately when the motor stops running. If nothing happens the motor is bad.

You can also check the connection into the door with a volt meter the same way. Polarity will change depending on pressing Up or Down on the switch.

Page 22-235 of the 2007 Service Manual. Page 22-129 of the on-line 2003 edition with the Japanese girl in the bikini on the cover that you can down load.

-- Chuck
Any idea what s connector's part # or how can i purchase one? (connector on car's side - i already somehow found connector to plug it to a motor to verify motor works, at least when wired directly to battery)
Old 04-08-2018, 09:51 AM

After some fiddling around, window will go down, but not up (and no voltage on connector). I hear click from right side of dashboard when i push switch to lower window, but can't hear anything when i push to lift it. Switch is culprit?

Last edited by Alexander Startsev; 04-08-2018 at 09:59 AM. Reason: add details
Old 04-08-2018, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alexander Startsev
After some fiddling around, window will go down, but not up (and no voltage on connector). I hear click from right side of dashboard when i push switch to lower window, but can't hear anything when i push to lift it. Switch is culprit?
Here's the test for the switch. Pop it out, disconnect the connector and check for continuity per the table.

Last edited by Boosted04S2K; 04-08-2018 at 11:35 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Alexander Startsev (04-08-2018)

Quick Reply: Power window not working