S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

I'm fat; 2018

Old 03-14-2018, 06:01 AM

Received 4,946 Likes on 3,000 Posts
Default I'm fat; 2018

ops, found the original for this year.... don't pay any attention to this one. I would delete if I knew how.

Last edited by dlq04; 03-14-2018 at 06:08 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:52 AM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

You must have gained a lot of weight,over the winter,Dave,as I see you needed to open another thread...
Old 08-05-2018, 04:32 AM

Received 2,593 Likes on 1,569 Posts

The five-month

Guess no one has any good news to share? Our week in France caused a five-pound weight gain. The bread and my favorite cookies (palmiers) were the downfall. Worth every single bite. This in spite of walking A LOT every day. If it hadn't been for that, the number would have been closer to 10, I'm sure. So back to diet reality - especially no bread/butter cookies in the house. The food overall was really, really good. Four-course dinners every night. The wine just flowed and flowed. The +1 said he probably drank more red wine than he has in two years. The ship uses 500 bottles of wine a week in the dining room and bar. That means five bottles per person. Just the wine. There was plenty of other drinking going on.
Old 08-05-2018, 06:55 AM

Received 3,509 Likes on 2,375 Posts

the last few weeks haven't been good, found ten pounds.
don't really know why. perhaps my output has been lower.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:09 AM

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
The five-month

Guess no one has any good news to share? Our week in France caused a five-pound weight gain. The bread and my favorite cookies (palmiers) were the downfall. Worth every single bite. This in spite of walking A LOT every day. If it hadn't been for that, the number would have been closer to 10, I'm sure. So back to diet reality - especially no bread/butter cookies in the house. The food overall was really, really good. Four-course dinners every night. The wine just flowed and flowed. The +1 said he probably drank more red wine than he has in two years. The ship uses 500 bottles of wine a week in the dining room and bar. That means five bottles per person. Just the wine. There was plenty of other drinking going on.
I was lucky. On our cruise I lost about 5 pounds. We did a lot of walking on our excursions and our time in Rome. Plus we averaged just two meals a day and there was the wine....lots and lots of wine!

Please don't anyone worry, I found those pounds and they are back with me.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:33 AM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
I was lucky. On our cruise I lost about 5 pounds. We did a lot of walking on our excursions and our time in Rome. Plus we averaged just two meals a day and there was the wine....lots and lots of wine!

If you want those pounds back,you can always indulge in ´´Fried Okras’´...
Old 08-05-2018, 09:33 AM

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,660 Posts

I'm down from my highest a couple of weeks ago but would be quite happy to drop 15 pounds. I have an ElliptiGO friend who's lost over 100 lbs. What has worked for her is fasting. She eats whatever she wants but only in a two hour window. I just ordered the book to learn about it.

Amazon Amazon
Old 08-05-2018, 09:48 AM

Received 2,593 Likes on 1,569 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy

Well, I averaged at least three meals a day, and I did not indulge in the 10:30 PM snack. Pretty much every day, I was in the room at the back of the ship in the very early morning where I found the palmiers the first day and was in heaven. They had sweets there and coffee/tea/etc 24/7. Then the early breakfast where I had a bit of ham, cheese, bread and fruit and some tea. Then the regular breakfast with the +1 where I had eggs, bacon, potatoes, etc. Then the full lunch, which was almost like having dinner. Then the four-course dinner. And as I said above, it was all very good! There were healthy options, but more often than not, I did not choose them. So it was a very indulgent week, not to be repeated for another two years. The +1 ate far more healthily than I and ran and went to the little gym on the ship almost every day. He still looks pretty much as he did when we left.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:46 AM

Received 2,763 Likes on 1,624 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
I'm down from my highest a couple of weeks ago but would be quite happy to drop 15 pounds. I have an ElliptiGO friend who's lost over 100 lbs. What has worked for her is fasting. She eats whatever she wants but only in a two hour window. I just ordered the book to learn about it.

https://www.amazon.com/Delay-Dont-De.../dp/1541325842
Hmmm it truly sounds like a fad type thing which will require discipline. Are you saying she only eats from say 8 AM until 10;00 AM...is that how this works and the rest of the time you are fasting? Is this an every day thing? Let me know. I know I won't try it, but I am curious. I know different things work for different people. I have been a real slacker in the healthy food department. It was my hope that when Rick retired and I started going home for lunch and eating healthier options, I'd kick off a few pounds. It hasn't happened. Eating healthier lunches,but still too much snacking. I've also backed off on some of the Y classes this summer. I NEED to be outside. Sometimes we are walking but I know I'm not burning the same calories as I would at the Y. I will need to re-group when the weather is cooler. I lose a pound or so and then it finds me within a day. So I'm stuck where I've been for a while, and on some days, the scale is even less favorable.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:54 PM

Received 3,509 Likes on 2,375 Posts

thinking about it today. we have a cafeteria at work.
it has been sliding (free-falling?) downhill lately.
The main courses are usually awful. so I wind up at the grill having either a burger or chicken sandwich with fries and inion rings.
obviously not helping. have to start bringing in lunch... yuck.

Quick Reply: I'm fat; 2018