S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

6-Point Harness Recommendations

Old 03-15-2018, 05:22 AM

Received 250 Likes on 147 Posts
Default 6-Point Harness Recommendations

Have/want to buy a harness in the next week or so and was wondering what you guys have been running.

I have a Harddog double diagonal with harness bar. Corbeau seat with BC rails. I might buy the PCI mount in the future, but not anytime soon.

I'd like to use a 6-point over 5 point. A HANS will be installed, but not right now, so compatibility would be nice.

Bolt on? Clip on?

Doing some research the Scroth Clubman has gotten good reviews and is fairly affordable. The car is mainly for HPDE and will be for at least the next couple years. It is driven on the street so I might be pulling the seat when not doing a track day, otherwise I will be using the 3 point on the street.

Up until now I have been using the OEM system with the Modifry lock.

If someone is selling one, feel free to PM as well!
Old 03-15-2018, 05:24 AM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by roel03
Have/want to buy a harness in the next week or so and was wondering what you guys have been running.

I have a Harddog double diagonal with harness bar. Corbeau seat with BC rails. I might buy the PCI mount in the future, but not anytime soon.

I'd like to use a 6-point over 5 point. A HANS will be installed, but not right now, so compatibility would be nice.

Bolt on? Clip on?

Doing some research the Scroth Clubman has gotten good reviews and is fairly affordable. The car is mainly for HPDE and will be for at least the next couple years. It is driven on the street so I might be pulling the seat when not doing a track day, otherwise I will be using the 3 point on the street.

Up until now I have been using the OEM system with the Modifry lock.

If someone is selling one, feel free to PM as well!
gforce cam lock, buy the eye bolts and clips for the lap belts, should belts wrap around roll bar
Old 03-15-2018, 01:47 PM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

Do other people drive the car often? Schroth Enduro, otherwise what you mentioned first or ellier's recommendation are fine. I like my Schroth with pull-up adjusters because of how easy they are to tighten.
Seconding clipon, just be sure to pin the clips before you put the seat back in
Old 03-15-2018, 02:23 PM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

You might want to consider the Schroth Hybrid (https://www.schrothracing.com/products/hybrid). The hybrid loops the crotch belts to the lab belt rather than the buckle or the shoulder straps (as their formula car version does). Their webpage describes its advantages. I believe it is also available as a 7-point. A 7-point adds that 5th strap as a roll-over strap to prevent the belts to keep the driver in the seat in a rollover where the 6 point is primarily an anti-submarine strap. The current FIA spec specifies the 7-point.

Note there are HANS and non-HANS versions of most Schroth belts. Most FHRs (Frontal Head Restraints, the FIA current term for a HANS device) have ridges that neatly fit a 2" wide strap. The HANS versions have 2" shoulder straps that become 3" wide near the buckle and fit the HANS devices correctly. There is also a 9-point belts that have 2 extra 2" straps on top of a 3" shoulder belts and the HANS device goes between the straps.

They offer the belts with 3" shoulder straps which should be used if there is no HANS device. However, there are many HANS devices that are not that expensive, there is a company that rents them so you can try out different brands and models, and committing to use one will make the belt selection simpler. The odds of a basal neck fracture are low, but it will also add protection from that.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:23 PM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

Anyone run the hybrid before? Does it lessen the chance of the balls getting in a bad position mid-session? I'd pay for that alone.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:09 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Any harness with FIA would do. Bolt on or snap on is mostly a personal preference. If ur gana remove ur seat often then pay extra for the snap on. I have the g force camlock 5 point. Fits well with my hans but I do get some neck burns here and there.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Singh_snisen
Fits well with my hans but I do get some neck burns here and there.
??? Are you running 3" shoulder belts? 3" lap belts?

In discussions on other forums, posters say that when the preferred 2" lap belt is positioned, crotch straps with their own T-tab are often positioned uncomfortably. The Schroth hybrid or formula style from several firms avoids that. The shoulder belts with 2" width on top should rest in the channel on the HANS device.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:28 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Chibo
just be sure to pin the clips
Most DE tech would miss this but it a MUST.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:05 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Yes I’m running 3 inch on shoulder and lap. The material g force uses on the belts is crap and very rough to even touch. I’m pretty sure a expensive company like takata uses softer belt material and it would lessen neck burns on the 3 inch system
Old 03-16-2018, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Singh_snisen
Yes I’m running 3 inch on shoulder and lap. The material g force uses on the belts is crap and very rough to even touch. I’m pretty sure a expensive company like takata uses softer belt material and it would lessen neck burns on the 3 inch system
Why are you using 3" belts if the 2" shoulder harness fits the HANS device and the 2" lap belt is safer?

Quick Reply: 6-Point Harness Recommendations