S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Higher pitched dual exhaust?

Old 04-07-2018, 06:37 PM

Received 97 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Higher pitched dual exhaust?

Currently I have a Greddy TiC single on the car which is way too drony and loud at highway speeds even with a HFC. Im not willing to go test pipe. At the same time I prefer the dual look so I'm looking for a new exhaust.

I'd like the exhaust to sound more like the amuse exhausts or the evasive 70ssp, I don't want a bassy boomy note that's going to drone between 3-5k rpm, and I want it to scream up top. I'm not interested in a quiet exhaust like a Mugen or a fujitsubo. what dual setups would meet this goal, or am I stuck with getting an evasive 70-ssp or t1r? I prioritize the sound over the dual aspect, so I can live with a single, if it screams at the top end, and is quiet enough on the highway that I can have a conversation with my passenger without raising my voice significantly and listen to my music without turning it to 75%.

considering the greddy se dual since it keeps 70mm piping. My guess is it still drones, but if it's a good bit quieter than the ti-c I'll be OK. Not sure what else is out there.

Thanks!

Chris
Old 04-16-2018, 12:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Did a lot of research before selecting my current setup.
If you want a high pitch note, 70mm and dual you basically have two options:
1- T1R 70R-EM sparrow dual
2- J's Racing 70RS dual

There might be other options out there. But these can be find pretty easily and at a reasonable price.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:25 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

It might be hard to get a higher pitched / less boomy exhaust while keeping a 70mm mid pipe. I feel like your options will be just loud and boomy (ie. TiC Single) or quieter but still boomy (ie. Greddy SE). Most screamier/ high pitched exhausts that i've heard are 60mm piping.

From what you described as your wants, the ASM dual fits your needs. But price is high and mid pipe is 60.5mm Go Tuning Unlimited
Old 04-19-2018, 01:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Millteck from hendy, just got mine today do a youtube search Hendy has a black s2000 super silent down low with a nice pitch in vtec never heard another exhaust sound like it, it has straight pipes
Old 04-19-2018, 02:19 PM

Received 344 Likes on 321 Posts

Milltek
Old 04-19-2018, 02:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by noodels
Milltek
Yup that dam c gets me every time even when I was goggle searching LOL
Old 05-25-2018, 12:58 AM

Thanks for the replies. I wish I could afford the ASM and Amuse stuff, but it is well out of my price range.

Nothing has happened yet, I went to the dragon about a month ago and man the Greddy was too loud for a long highway drive. Ended up getting a stock exhaust locally and taking off the Greddy as a stop-gap. Way better, I can actually hear my music now, but can't hear the car at all.

I decided to go with the Gotuning / Greddy SE dual V2, only to find out they sold their last one yesterday and it is now discontinued.

So, I am now between either the EVS 70-SSP versus the Milltek. The EVS is definitely cheaper by a few hundred dollars.

That said, I LOVE how the milltek looks, and I know it is high quality as I've seen their exhausts on Euro products in the past, but am hesitant that it may not be loud / aggressive enough of a sound at full tilt. On the other hand, I know the EVS is going to scream at full tilt, but I'm a little worried about highway noise, quality of the exhaust as well as fitment with relation to the body, and I hate how it fits (or doesn't fit) the AP2 bumper cutout.

Thoughts? The milltek seems a little bit tame on WOT...if you guys can convince me that the Milltek screams at WOT/VTEC, I think it's a done deal. If not...I still might go for it lol.

BTW, here's a photo of our little group from the Dragon

Old 05-25-2018, 02:30 AM

Welp. Jumped the gun and pulled the trigger on the Milltek!
Old 05-29-2018, 02:06 AM

Received 186 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by ThreeD
Welp. Jumped the gun and pulled the trigger on the Milltek!
And?! Don't keep us in suspense Chris. Full review on every nuance of that Milltek on your S2K now please
Old 05-30-2018, 10:36 AM

Received 244 Likes on 174 Posts

You could always do this

ROD
p.s. I just couldn't help myself, sorry.

Quick Reply: Higher pitched dual exhaust?