S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Signal Light blown fuse

Old 04-17-2018, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Signal Light blown fuse

First off just want to say I’ve been a lurker for the last couple months as I recently purchased an AP1 not too long ago. Thanks to all the previous threads that I’ve read over and used to fix issues here and there. Greatly appreciate this site!

Anyway, so the other night I noticed my right signal flashes faster than my left(on dash display). As an owner of multiple Honda’s, I knew it most likely meant a signal bulb was out. The culprit was my front right signal bulb. After examining it, I noticed the socket had detached as well. So not only was I missing the bulb, but the socket as well. After I looked up the part number, I called my local Honda dealer and had to special order it. 3 days later (today) I picked it up and was ready to fix my issue.

After getting home, I attached the socket easily and then inserted the new bulb. Gave it a quick test and voila, both signals worked! Now since the socket at spontaneously detached before, I thought I’d wrap some electrical tape around just to be safe. I drove 2 miles to a local shop and picked up the tape. In the parking lot, I quickly wrapped some tape around the wires just to ensure it won’t happen again. After getting back in the car, I tested it and now my all my signals wouldn’t work. No signal indicator on the dash either. I was extremely frustrated at this point. Removed the electrical tape to see if that was the cause. Nope.

After doing a bit of research on this site, I started with fuse 7 under the dash. Yup, burnt! Thank the heavens! Quick fix and everything is fine now.

But my question is, was this just a coincidence or was it due to the new bulb socket being installed? Or could the electrical tape have been the cause?

sorry for long post.

thanks in advance
Old 04-19-2018, 01:46 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You probably shorted the wires to each other or ground when removing or taping. If the fuse is holding now, then your short is gone & all is good
Old 04-19-2018, 06:30 AM
Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Yep, sounds like a short happened. It can definitely happen just simply from changing bulbs out. If everything is good now, I wouldn't worry. It does cause stress, I'd check for frayed insulation on the wiring.

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.