S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

P0135 Will NOT go away!

Old 07-16-2018, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0135 Will NOT go away!

Early last week, 7/10/18, my 2007 S2000 started to misfire. I took the spark plug cover off, took the corresponding ignition coil out of the misfiring cylinder, noticed it was saturated with motor oil and that my tube seals were not quite right. I ordered new OEM seals and valve cover gasket and bolt grommets/washers. 2 days later, before taking delivery of the things above mentioned ordered parts, I received a check engine light, code P0135. I googled "S2ki P0135" and determined that the problem was my pre cat o2 sensor (Bank 1 Sensor 1) and ordered said part. The day after I ordered the part, I started my car that morning and the check engine light had gone. Weird.

Decided to take delivery of all the above mentioned parts and some extra job related components and spent my Saturday night until 4am Sunday morning changing those seals and gaskets and that 02 sensor (with the car battery completely removed from the vehicle), only to have a check engine light that will now not go away. Same engine code. P0135, Bank 1 sensor 1. I clear the code, and within 15 seconds of the engine starting the light comes back on, same code. I then thought, "maybe its a fuse." So I went looking for that solution, and unless I just have not found the right fuse; my problem is not a fuse. That being said, I am hoping someone here can help me figure out my problem.

Extra background:

I bought the car in January 2018 through Carmax, and had it shipped from Albuquerque, New Mexico, to Salisbury MD. It had 99,900 miles on it at the time. It now has about 105,000. I drive it daily but usually only around town, except for one road trip to New Hampshire. In February I put an Nvidia N1 exhaust on it, and changed all fluids from brake and transmission, to differential and engine oil(changed seasonally). She is a Laguna Blue MY07.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This may help you

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-irela...1134235/page4/
Old 07-16-2018, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it is with great humility that I return to say, "I am an idiot." I will attempt to excuse my stupidity by saying that all I had was a jack, a flashlight, and a floor trolley and that it was 4 am when I installed it. I took it to a garage that had a lift during the day, and clear as day the mechanic and I both looked at it and said simultaneously, "That doesn't look plugged in all the way."

Dur!

No more CEL. All is well for now. Thank you.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Funny stuff but in the end you're baby is fixed and life is good. That's all that truly matters! Happens to the best of us
The following users liked this post:
joshuajohnluke (07-16-2018)