Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

VA - 2005 Sebring Silver S2000 STR Car F/S

Old 08-16-2018, 11:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow VA - 2005 Sebring Silver 36K mile S2000 STR Car F/S

Mileage: 36,xxx miles
Price: (Firm/OBO) $xx,xxx OBO
First Name: Will
Year & Model: 2005 S2000 Sebring Silver

I’m selling my 2005 Sebring Silver STR-prepped AP2 S2000, "Nimbus". It has certainly been dominant in STR trim at local events over the last two years, in 2017 alone it had 9 FTD’s and FTP’s in 8 events. At our last event local, it just got FTD and 2nd FTP. The car has also trophied the last two years at Nationals.

CarGurus has this car at around $22,500 in stock trim. I’ve added the following:

JRZ RS Pro (double-adj, remote reservoir) $3,650
Hyperco Springs 750/650 $260
Karcepts FSB $475
HKS Exhaust $620
Modifry beeper & brackets $170
PLM Header $387
Berk CAT $240
K&N FIPK Intake $280
Greddy e-Manage/Boomslang harness/Karcepts AP2 tune $1145
SPC Offset front upper balljoint $145
Enkei PF01 17x9 $1120
BFG Tires 255 $925
Modified Adjustable Miata Rear Swaybar (Karcept’s prototype rear bar) $125
Total: $9,626

So, basically, it would cost you $32,000 to build this car.

I just got an estimate of $1500 to address the three issues with the paint:
First, a license plate flew up off the highway and hit the front left quarter panel, as you can see in the pictures. Second, a previous owner seems to have not realized how low the front of the car is and rolled up onto a curb while parking. They resprayed to bottom of the front clip, but didn’t do a very good job. That paint is flaking off. Finally, there is a spot on the very front of the hood that looks like a poor touch up job—perhaps a previous owner hit a rock on the highway. But, like I said, $1500 would have all of these issue looking like new.

I will also include all parts to take it back to Street (S2000s are reclassed into C Street for next year), or completely stock. The only caveats are that the original wheels would benefit from some refurbishment, and I did not keep the front upper ball joints, and I bought the car with an aftermarket dual exhaust, rather than OEM.

The head unit for the stereo is original. The radio works, speakers are good, but the mechanism to feed CDS in/out has failed. The driver’s seat bolster shows a little wear in the padding, but the leather is in great shape as you can see from the pictures. The front inner fender liners are beat up, but this is common for STR cars, and an easy replacement.

As you can see from the pictures, it is in solid overall condition.

S2000 values are appreciating. I’ve owned this car for four seasons, and it’s value has gone up by about 15%. And all the go-fast parts are already there. Basically, this is a car that you could drive for a few years, be competitive in autocross, and then sell for MORE than you paid.

High resolution pictures here:

$xx,xxx or Best Reasonable Offer. PM me or send an email to: 606BigOak AT comcast DOT net

Last edited by teamking; 11-12-2018 at 07:12 AM.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:15 AM

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Just curious what's up with the gas pedal. It looks like it's been ground smooth? Can you send me some more photos of paint issues and the interior. How's the clutch holding up to the autocrossing?

Thanks,
Casey
Old 08-27-2018, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Tsxtx
Just curious what's up with the gas pedal. It looks like it's been ground smooth? Can you send me some more photos of paint issues and the interior. How's the clutch holding up to the autocrossing?

Thanks,
Casey
Casey,
I'm super sorry for the slow response. I've got notifications set up, but I never received an email... probably stuck in a spam folder. Anyway...

Clutch is great, no issues. The gas pedal is a piece of aluminum stock that I cut to the shape you see and then machined a non-slick finish into, as you can see. I think it looks pretty good in person. It is screwed in place with three 1/8" holes through the OEM pedal. So you could remove it and you probably wouldn't notice the holes if you weren't looking for them. I find heel-toeing to be much easier with this pedal cover.

PM me your email address and i will send you high resolution pictures.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:00 PM

Still for sale!
Old 10-07-2018, 09:18 AM

Price drop.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:14 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

have you considered Bring a Trailer to sell your car?
Old 10-15-2018, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by billios996
have you considered Bring a Trailer to sell your car?
Yes, I have considered it. But my thinking was that the BaT audience probably has a small proportion of S2000 enthusiasts and an even smaller proportion of autocross enthusiasts. And hence, an auction style format wouldn't work for an STR S2000 on BaT. Do you disagree (I could certainly be persuaded that I was wrong)?

Now, if I pull all the STR parts off the car (our last autocross of the season is next week), a BaT auction might make more sense. Ultimately, I think the car will hit a much broader audience without all the STR parts. Nevertheless, I wanted to give people an opportunity to buy the car as is.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by teamking
Yes, I have considered it. But my thinking was that the BaT audience probably has a small proportion of S2000 enthusiasts and an even smaller proportion of autocross enthusiasts.
I think there are plenty of people on BaT that value quality mods above zero, especially with stock parts included. It doesn't cost much to try. Look through recent listings and I think you'd find some cars with mods that went for more than an equivalent stock car would have.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by dsgerbc
I think there are plenty of people on BaT that value quality mods above zero, especially with stock parts included. It doesn't cost much to try. Look through recent listings and I think you'd find some cars with mods that went for more than an equivalent stock car would have.
Interesting. Anyone else have opinions on this?

I guess the real question is: how do I maximize my return on this car? Do I remove the racing parts? Do I fix the three cosmetic blemishes (which would cost $1500 total)? My thinking had been do both or do neither.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:45 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Considering your car has such low mileage, I think you would be much better off parting it out and selling the car stock. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Quick Reply: VA - 2005 Sebring Silver S2000 STR Car F/S