S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Red OEM Floor Mats

Old 08-17-2018, 06:46 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Red OEM Floor Mats

I was browsing eBay and ran across these. Has anyone purchased or have any experience with these particular mats? They look to be OEM and $149.99 shipped seems like a really good price. My car is silver with black interior but thought maybe the red contrasting mats might look pretty decent.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Genuine...4AAOSw9NxTtmMS
Old 08-17-2018, 07:57 AM

Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Those are the OEM mats. Theyre decent. Nothing amazing. Not as plush as Muz or Rick's extended. Not as luxurious looking as the euro mats. They don't cover the hump at all.

Honestly I would spend the extra 50-60 and get the 4 piece euro set. Looks much better IMO. That being said, you can't do any wrong with the OEM mats.

Last edited by silenc3x; 08-17-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^ Those mats are a lot nicer.

Also, I think the red mats with black interior might clash, but that's just my $.02
Old 08-17-2018, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by common reactor
^^^^ Those mats are a lot nicer.

Also, I think the red mats with black interior might clash, but that's just my $.02
Me too, but some people like it. That's not my interior. I have black on black. I even have a spare set for a few years down the road when these start to get crusty and worn.

I had the extended Rick's but now I have the euro mats. They look a bit more premium. Rick's extended just looks like you don't even have mats at all. And the standard OEM are kinda boring. Muz are hard to find nowadays.

This site is the best price I can find for the euro mats: https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/hond...arpet-mat-set/

Last edited by silenc3x; 08-17-2018 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:31 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Now that I see a picture of the red mats in black it does kind of clash a little bit. The 4 piece euro mats are really nice. A little spendy but look worth it!
Old 08-17-2018, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by cgarrett23
Now that I see a picture of the red mats in black it does kind of clash a little bit. The 4 piece euro mats are really nice. A little spendy but look worth it!
Yeah I'd stick with your carpet color. And for the difference you're getting it's worth the extra $60 to get the 4 piece mats. Every time you get in the car you notice them and smile a little. "Lookin good, mats!"
Old 08-17-2018, 10:24 AM

Received 1,311 Likes on 991 Posts

The carpet takes a real beating on the humps, no sense protecting the footwell area, only to have the humps wear out and need new carpet anyway. So its worth spending money on mats that protect the humps.

But then ironically, you find yourself wanting to protect the protection. If the drivers mat gets a heel hole, you wouldn't be able to replace only that one (of 4) mat. And a whole nrw set isn't cheap. I added a clear plastic protector for drivers heel area of mat. I used a piece cut out of a large office chair mat meant to allow chair to roll easily on carpet.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
The carpet takes a real beating on the humps, no sense protecting the footwell area, only to have the humps wear out and need new carpet anyway. So its worth spending money on mats that protect the humps.

But then ironically, you find yourself wanting to protect the protection. If the drivers mat gets a heel hole, you wouldn't be able to replace only that one (of 4) mat. And a whole nrw set isn't cheap. I added a clear plastic protector for drivers heel area of mat. I used a piece cut out of a large office chair mat meant to allow chair to roll easily on carpet.
After about 7-8 years of ownership my hump started to get a tear in it on the drivers side. That's why I first switched to Rick's mats, to cover it up.

I saw your ingenuity in an earlier thread about the euro mats, and you gave me the idea to order heelpads for like $2 each from Heelpad Warehouse, but I havent attempted to install them yet. Thought it was a cleaner solution then cutting up an office chair mat.

At the moment, not trying to glue them or anything. They don't have the spikes that would allow them to stay in place without glue... I ordered a second set of 4 piece euro mats for when they inevitably wear, but I'm still deciding on the heelpad install.

Honestly the main thing I'd like to protect is that metal/plastic chrome s2000 logo on the mats. Taht will get scuffed up way before the mats begin to get worn down. Was considering a phone screen protector cut to fit over them. For now I'm just careful when getting in the car.

Last edited by silenc3x; 08-17-2018 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:08 AM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Does someone have pics of the heelpad installed on an S2k floor mat?
Old 08-17-2018, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by alSpeed2k
Does someone have pics of the heelpad installed on an S2k floor mat?
I believe this is Car Analogy's but may be mistaken: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/attachme...816_072308.jpg

The heelpad warehouse versions are smaller and a different shape. Ideally you'd just need a small strip for under the pedals. Even Rick's seems unnecessarily large: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/uploads/g...61_2737601.jpg

I'd imagine you could get creative and come up with some other solutions if you aren't happy with anything mentioned so far. Just something strong, durable and aesthetically pleasing that can go over the mat. Plastic, rubber, vinyl, all would work.
The following users liked this post:
alSpeed2k (08-17-2018)

Quick Reply: Red OEM Floor Mats