S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

OS Giken Single and Twin Plate Clutches?

Old 09-17-2018, 10:34 PM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts
Question OS Giken Single and Twin Plate Clutches?

Found these:

https://www.rhdjapan.com/os-giken-gt...r-ap1-ap2.html

This is the twin plate:

https://www.rhdjapan.com/os-giken-st...t-ap1-ap2.html

I couldn't find any power/torque handling specs on their site but I know this is a good brand in the tuning world. Anyone ever run these? The prices are really good! Wondering if this is too good to be true...?
Old 09-18-2018, 08:13 AM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

I had a OS Giken single before on my old car. I cannot begin too tell you how much you probably do not need it. These clutches are for circuit use, and for people who are going to be beating on their clutch for long periods of time.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:52 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

rhdjapan is legit
Old 09-18-2018, 03:57 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

RHD is legit but don't forget that the listed price doesn't include shipping from Japan and their fees.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by RussianHammer
I had a OS Giken single before on my old car. I cannot begin too tell you how much you probably do not need it. These clutches are for circuit use, and for people who are going to be beating on their clutch for long periods of time.
Really? I'd expect at least some of their kits to be more street focused with light track duty perhaps. I wonder what their twin plate would feel and perform like?
Old 09-18-2018, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
RHD is legit but don't forget that the listed price doesn't include shipping from Japan and their fees.
Shibata! (Dammit in Japanese)
That's the fine print huh? Might as well ask for a quote on one of those kits just to see what the fees and shipping add up to. I could use Aramex global shopper to receive and ship to me since I have a Tokyo address...
Old 09-19-2018, 04:10 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

Just ad the items you want in the cart and you will see the shipping costs and alternatives at checkout.
Import fees is different for most countries, not sure on SA but I bet it wont be more than the ~30% we have in Sweden at least
Old 09-19-2018, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by flanders
Just ad the items you want in the cart and you will see the shipping costs and alternatives at checkout.
Import fees is different for most countries, not sure on SA but I bet it wont be more than the ~30% we have in Sweden at least
Thanks for the tip. I wouldn't be surprised if the duties here are quite close to Sweden's (damn that's steep)
Old 09-19-2018, 02:42 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Hm maybe I was wrong. You do have to pay shipping charges and there is a fee for using paypal but for the first link total comes to $778.48 so not a huge amount more. Anyways I have ordered from them before and they have been good to deal with. I usually have Jesse Streeter give me a quote as well as sometimes he is cheaper.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
Hm maybe I was wrong. You do have to pay shipping charges and there is a fee for using paypal but for the first link total comes to $778.48 so not a huge amount more. Anyways I have ordered from them before and they have been good to deal with. I usually have Jesse Streeter give me a quote as well as sometimes he is cheaper.
That's not bad at all. I am very curious as to how that single plate clutch with green PP feels and what kind of torque it can handle. couldn't find those figures on the OS Giken site unfortunately...who knows, it may be perfect for stock or modded NA with more bite than OEM for quicker shifting with less slip even while pulling hard up hill and it might even be able to handle SC amounts of torque... if it can and it lasts fairly long then that's a very good deal.

Quick Reply: OS Giken Single and Twin Plate Clutches?