S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Kraftwerks SC inbound, advice would be helpful.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Kraftwerks SC inbound, advice would be helpful.

UPDATE: Do NOT buy from Kraftwerks. My kit broke the pulley bolt after 500 miles. It took them 2 weeks in their possession to even ship it back out to me, and ended up shipping my blower to a different State. Dealing with them has been comically shitty, but I never thought it would happen to me. If you enjoy headaches, laughable support, and shit engineering, this kit is for you. The only reason it didn't take longer than 3 weeks to extract a bolt from the blower (5 minute job), is because I was able to put pressure on the lead sales rep on Facebook. I bet it wouldn't have even been fixed by now if I hadn't emailed them a few times a week.

The kit is a joke, and the company just as much of one. Unfortunately you get what you pay for, or in this case you get a Rotrex and some garbage thrown into a box to try and make it work.

Hey guys,

I recently bought another low mileage s2000, and I've almost immediately purchased the Kraftwerks c38-81 supercharger kit (rated for approximately 400whp) with the AEM v2 ECU.

After coming from a bolt on & tune Gen 5 Viper with nearly 600whp, I am hoping to get as much out of the s2000 as possible (reliably). The ultimate goal is to have a car with the same or better power-to-weight ratio as the Viper.

That would mean I'd need to make about 460-475whp.

So, on to the important questions:

- Can this blower make that much power with a few supporting mods and a good tune? I've seen several LHT videos in which their kraftwerks kits are pushing those numbers with some additional mods, but I don't know if it's the same blower.

- I've also purchased a 4 bar MAP sensor, Walbro 255lph pump, and test pipe. Should I consider any more parts to incrementally step up the power potential? Evans Tuning made the claim in a YouTube video that a header and exhaust won't make any real difference, and I'd like to avoid a loud 4 cylinder car if possible.

- What clutch and/or Pressure plate can I get away with for <500whp? I'd rather just get a pressure plate and use the stock disc if possible, as the clutch only has 3,800 miles on it. I'd rather not have to put several hundred miles on a new clutch to break it in, when 250 miles is roughly what this car has seen every year.

- Prices for installation and tune, or installation time with a moderately experienced gear head on his own? I live equidistant from PTuning and Inline Pro in Northern VA, but I'm not sure if they do SC installs. If the install is over $1000, I will do it myself, but grinding down the Power Steering bolt is a perfect chance for me to ruin it and add a new rack on to the total price. If I don't get it installed and tuned at either local tuner, is it worth towing the car up to PA and having Jeff Evans tune it?

- The one expense I will have to pay a shop to do is the pressure plate and/or clutch install. I don't have the patience to take the trans out and swap it at this point in my life. Any reasonable estimates for just a pressure plate, or full clutch install at a shop like IP or PT?

- Unknowns -. What am I completely missing or likely to miss? I got a great deal on the kit and parts so far (full black kit with EMS, MAP sensor, test pipe, and fuel pump for $5,045 shipped), but don't want to do it all cheaply and have headaches later.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:20 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Dethred
Hey guys,

I recently bought another low mileage s2000, and I've almost immediately purchased the Kraftwerks c38-81 supercharger kit (rated for approximately 400whp) with the AEM v2 ECU.

After coming from a bolt on & tune Gen 5 Viper with nearly 600whp, I am hoping to get as much out of the s2000 as possible (reliably). The ultimate goal is to have a car with the same or better power-to-weight ratio as the Viper.

That would mean I'd need to make about 460-475whp.

So, on to the important questions:

- Can this blower make that much power with a few supporting mods and a good tune? I've seen several LHT videos in which their kraftwerks kits are pushing those numbers with some additional mods, but I don't know if it's the same blower.

- I've also purchased a 4 bar MAP sensor, Walbro 255lph pump, and test pipe. Should I consider any more parts to incrementally step up the power potential? Evans Tuning made the claim in a YouTube video that a header and exhaust won't make any real difference, and I'd like to avoid a loud 4 cylinder car if possible.

- What clutch and/or Pressure plate can I get away with for <500whp? I'd rather just get a pressure plate and use the stock disc if possible, as the clutch only has 3,800 miles on it. I'd rather not have to put several hundred miles on a new clutch to break it in, when 250 miles is roughly what this car has seen every year.

- Prices for installation and tune, or installation time with a moderately experienced gear head on his own? I live equidistant from PTuning and Inline Pro in Northern VA, but I'm not sure if they do SC installs. If the install is over $1000, I will do it myself, but grinding down the Power Steering bolt is a perfect chance for me to ruin it and add a new rack on to the total price. If I don't get it installed and tuned at either local tuner, is it worth towing the car up to PA and having Jeff Evans tune it?

- The one expense I will have to pay a shop to do is the pressure plate and/or clutch install. I don't have the patience to take the trans out and swap it at this point in my life. Any reasonable estimates for just a pressure plate, or full clutch install at a shop like IP or PT?

- Unknowns -. What am I completely missing or likely to miss? I got a great deal on the kit and parts so far (full black kit with EMS, MAP sensor, test pipe, and fuel pump for $5,045 shipped), but don't want to do it all cheaply and have headaches later.
Sounds to me you should just send the car to LHT. If you don’t want to do the clutch, and you’re considering sending the car to a different shop for install and then tuning....I’d just trailer it once to the experts and get a fully functioning car back.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:23 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

You have to remember, one of the keys to getting the kit to work is replacing a lot of the bolts with ARP hardware and LHT adding their own brace. They say Kraftwerks is going to be supplying this new brace soon, not sure if that’s happening yet.
Old 11-24-2018, 07:20 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Send it to LHT Performance and have no worries or have someone else do it can constantly have issues....
Old 11-24-2018, 01:54 PM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

I don't know about the install of the KW kit - I did the SoS kit in my garage over a weekend and it was simple - but there are plenty of good tuners in the area. Tuan at PTuning tuned my car a few years ago and it's still running strong. Made 396 whp and 240 or 250 lb/ft on their dyno which I am told reads lower than other in the area. I also still have the stock exhaust and a high flow cat, so it sounds stock-ish when I drive it normally.
The following users liked this post:
Ptuning (11-26-2018)
Old 11-24-2018, 03:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm sure PTuning and Inline Pro can install the kit and tune it for you. Both have dynos and tuners in house.

Do you have injectors already? You will need a new pressure plate and clutch.

Personally I would DIY, its not that involved if you're mechanically inclined and there are plenty of youtube videos to show you tips. I think the hard part of installing any of these kits is making it look right and not like someone butchered the car.
Ptuning (11-26-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by d16tof22
I don't know about the install of the KW kit - I did the SoS kit in my garage over a weekend and it was simple - but there are plenty of good tuners in the area. Tuan at PTuning tuned my car a few years ago and it's still running strong. Made 396 whp and 240 or 250 lb/ft on their dyno which I am told reads lower than other in the area. I also still have the stock exhaust and a high flow cat, so it sounds stock-ish when I drive it normally.

The KW kit requires grinding down a power steering rack bolt, and cutting some of the fascia/splash guard. My main concern is the PS bolt, considering I'll have to buy a die grinder too, and it would be typical for me to ruin it and need a new rack. I'll call PTuning and see what can be done for tuning. It's good to know they've already done yours to good success. Thanks for the info!
Old 11-26-2018, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by tut4u2
I'm sure PTuning and Inline Pro can install the kit and tune it for you. Both have dynos and tuners in house.

Do you have injectors already? You will need a new pressure plate and clutch.

Personally I would DIY, its not that involved if you're mechanically inclined and there are plenty of youtube videos to show you tips. I think the hard part of installing any of these kits is making it look right and not like someone butchered the car.
Yes, the kit came with Grams injectors, but I'm getting the Walbro pump to replace the supposedly less reliable Grams pump.

What is the concensus on the clutch issue? I've read some posts from turbo guys saying the ACT HD pressure plate and stock disk will hold up to 500whp. I don't particularly mind the added expense of an entire new clutch kit, but my current original clutch has less than 4000 miles on it, and should be good for years to come.

I wouldn't hesitate to DIY on most things, but that PS rack bolt has me worried, and since I'll be getting either a pressure plate or entire clutch done, I figured it might be cost effective to just drop it off and pick it up a few days later with twice the power ready to use.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:00 AM

Received 613 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by Dethred
Yes, the kit came with Grams injectors, but I'm getting the Walbro pump to replace the supposedly less reliable Grams pump.

What is the concensus on the clutch issue? I've read some posts from turbo guys saying the ACT HD pressure plate and stock disk will hold up to 500whp. I don't particularly mind the added expense of an entire new clutch kit, but my current original clutch has less than 4000 miles on it, and should be good for years to come.

I wouldn't hesitate to DIY on most things, but that PS rack bolt has me worried, and since I'll be getting either a pressure plate or entire clutch done, I figured it might be cost effective to just drop it off and pick it up a few days later with twice the power ready to use.
You won’t wreck anything grinding down that bolt. I’ll see if I can find the LHT video where they grind it down; they don’t even really cut into the PS ear; literally just the head of an expendable bolt. Just use a small dremel with a grinding wheel. It’s not gonna hack off a ton of material instantly, lol.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:08 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

The only advice I would have, is don't buy a Krafworks, but since I'm too late for that, so sorry!
DutchyFutch (04-06-2020)

Quick Reply: Kraftwerks SC inbound, advice would be helpful.