S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Moog Rear control arms

Old 12-10-2018, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moog Rear control arms

When I got my car 10 years ago, seems the left rear upper was slightly tweaked and it was difficult to get aligned properly. Replaced my upper rear ball joints with adjustable versions. Honda OEM uppers are about 300 bucks each, adjustable ball joints, much less.The adjustable ones are fine, but squeak. Always wanted straight oem but cost is an issue. I stumbled across some moog upper rear control arms with ball joints on Rockauto. Can't find any info on the moog site. Anyone here ever heard of a replacement that was not oem? The part number begins with RK, if that means anything. Too good to be true?
Old 12-11-2018, 01:39 AM

Received 352 Likes on 209 Posts

It's been more than 30 years since I've used Moog parts but they were adequate then. I think that you'll find that Centric and Mevotech also make control arms for the S that are a bit more premiium.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:41 AM

Received 1,247 Likes on 944 Posts

All aftermarket "OE replacement" parts are trash.

The question is which one is least trash.

Beck Arnley has been the least trash in my experience - never used them on my S2000 and I hope I never have to. But they've been fine on other car(s) I've used them on (TSX and Accord).

I wouldn't use Mevotech unless I was chucking the car into the river within the next week or so. Both have failed on me in record quickness.

Moog is leap years better than Mevotech, however that's not saying much. One is less awful....one is more awful. They're both awful.

Hardrace makes decent replacement ball joints and chassis parts, if you're looking to save some coin from OEM Honda.

Or buy used OEM on eBay.

If you're local to Chicago area, let me know. I have TONS of very low mile used OEM parts that I use as spares. I'd be willing to help a local out.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:08 AM

Thanks to you both for feedback. The squeak gives me a resaon to get the car off the ground, clean the Ohlins, and shoot some grease in with a needle. Sounds like I'm better off with hat I have (oem arms, SPC ball joints) than the moog. Seems like I need to do it every year or two, no not a big deal. Just saw these while looking for s2k parts and peaked my interest.
Not close to Chicago, deep in the heart of Texas. But the knowledge and offer is what makes this place nice.

As a side question, anyone else spend time browsinig for S parts just to see what is out there?
Old 12-12-2018, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by B serious
All aftermarket "OE replacement" parts are trash.

The question is which one is least trash.

Beck Arnley has been the least trash in my experience - never used them on my S2000 and I hope I never have to. But they've been fine on other car(s) I've used them on (TSX and Accord).

I wouldn't use Mevotech unless I was chucking the car into the river within the next week or so. Both have failed on me in record quickness.

Moog is leap years better than Mevotech, however that's not saying much. One is less awful....one is more awful. They're both awful.

Hardrace makes decent replacement ball joints and chassis parts, if you're looking to save some coin from OEM Honda.

Or buy used OEM on eBay.

If you're local to Chicago area, let me know. I have TONS of very low mile used OEM parts that I use as spares. I'd be willing to help a local out.
@B serious any advice on buying used oem control arms on ebay ? im debating if i should buy used or just go with new. new arm prices have me looking at used ones but at the same time, feel like it's a big gamble as cant really tell if arms are bent.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:30 AM

Received 1,247 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by 623baller
@B serious any advice on buying used oem control arms on ebay ? im debating if i should buy used or just go with new. new arm prices have me looking at used ones but at the same time, feel like it's a big gamble as cant really tell if arms are bent.

That's a tough one.

I can say that usually, the spindle bends before the arms.

Sometimes, the business will provide photos of the car that the part is coming from.

So if that side of the car isn't smashed....a pretty good guess is that its good. Ebay also offers buyer protection. Most sellers offer a warranty, and in my experience, will work with you quite well if you let them know there was an issue.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:04 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Well I have some good used upper control arms off my parts car just fyi if that helps your dilemma.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:46 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I never seen any aftermarket rear arms , do they even exist ?
Old 01-02-2019, 02:12 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000_916
I never seen any aftermarket rear arms , do they even exist ?
yes
Old 01-05-2019, 09:24 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
yes

link?

Quick Reply: Moog Rear control arms