Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

RTD 2019...is it spring yet?

Old 01-10-2019, 06:22 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts
Default RTD 2019...is it spring yet?

Just thought I'd post up a thread to discuss the RTD dragon trip and plans. There is an official discussion site on s2ki, so go there for your registration and information. In a nutshell, the event is being set up this year so the BBQ is lunch Saturday so people can make a head start to get home for Mother's Day Sunday. The banquet is Friday night.
For those who want to pound the roads around the dragon and beyond have all day Thursday and Friday. Saturday is the roll out in the morning. Tentative plans are to leave Fontana after the BBQ (Saturday) to get a head start on the trip home, stopping partway so the drive over to Canada will be get everyone home well before dinner Sunday- that way mom will be happy.

On Saturday there are 2 ideas for the drive home- one long tour to the hotel and one longer tour to the hotel. We'll post up plans and road maps in the coming months so you can decide.
I'd like to do Devil's Triangle on the way home, which will make for a longer drive on Saturday- but the plan is to avoid i75.

Plans are pretty fluid, but post up ideas and if you have questions.

make this your year- gas is cheap, memories last forever. see you there

darcy
Old 01-12-2019, 04:19 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Still 4 months away. Ugghhhh!
Looking forward to it though.
Still lots of time to shop for tires.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by jvf1
Here is one proposed route we could take. Dave will post one as well. Lots of options and I just selected Berea, KY randomly. Other route options could take us over the Cherohala Skyway then north.

anyway, food for thought.

https://goo.gl/maps/JeQQzNhB5fK2

lots of time to shop for tires!

darcy
Old 01-12-2019, 10:39 AM

That looks interesting, and gets us our Devil's Triangle loop as well.
Old 01-17-2019, 03:21 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

4 months. Damn. I still need to register. This trip is one reason why I haven’t sold my S yet. Now to figure out how to do the trip in the race car
Old 01-17-2019, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by myflys2k

4 months. Damn. I still need to register. This trip is one reason why I haven’t sold my S yet. Now to figure out how to do the trip in the race car
A couple years ago, Artin from RRT drove his stripped, caged, no A/C, hardtop s2000 along...he suffered with the unrelenting heat and noise. but, if you live hard core...
I suppose you could always drive the truck down instead...

darcy
Old 01-19-2019, 12:07 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just to clarify, i am pretty sure the banquet has been changed back to Saturday night which kind of messes up the leave saturday idea.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by zenairdave
Just to clarify, i am pretty sure the banquet has been changed back to Saturday night which kind of messes up the leave saturday idea.
wtf?
I'm having trouble keeping up with the changes to the plan that changed after planning to change the plan from the original plan to the planned changes to the plan that was planned. Or something like that..
Does anyone have a plan?
Old 01-19-2019, 05:01 PM

Received 3,361 Likes on 2,444 Posts

wtf?
I'm having trouble keeping up with the changes to the plan that changed after planning to change the plan from the original plan to the planned changes to the plan that was planned. Or something like that..
Does anyone have a plan?
Very poor planning
Old 01-19-2019, 05:13 PM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

wtf?
Does anyone have a plan?
I do.

Drive twisty roads. Laugh with friends. Drink craft brews. Eat BBQ. Rinse repeat.

Quick Reply: RTD 2019...is it spring yet?