Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

New Ridgeline

Old 03-21-2019, 09:36 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default New Ridgeline

New Ridgeline, was getting some parts for the S2000 and went into the showroom, the more I looked the more I liked.
For a Car-Truck seems good and not yet plagued with a turbo 1500 or some such bad truck power idea. What you all think?
Old 03-22-2019, 03:49 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Trying to convince my cousin in Switzerland to buy one. Always been a fan of the Ridgeline and new one doesn't look as goofy. Home run on the engineering from Honda on the Ridgeline.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:00 AM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Well I sure hope you guys are right ... I’m picking up my 2019 Ridgeline Monday morning.

Cheers, Mike

Last edited by mgedit; 03-22-2019 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:13 AM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

Ridgeline is pretend pickup truck with a tiny, 5000 pound towing capacity. 280HP/262lp-ft. Not as effeminate as the Odyssey though so you an take the kids to school in it and not worry about being seen driving it.

You can get a very nice F150 for the same price or less with the same size engine (3.5L) that will tow twice as much. 375HP/470lb-ft

-- Chuck
Old 03-22-2019, 05:38 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Almost bought a Black Edition but went another route. Too expensive
Old 03-22-2019, 05:46 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Not needing anything as big as F150, had a ranger and liked it better than my Expidition. The exp. is too hard to park in city driving, and got rid of the boat so no big tow need.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:58 AM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

It is a great choice if you don't need more capacity. I haven't driven one, but rode along and it was a comfy ride compared to most pickups.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:28 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

I feel the same way about it that I feel about the Civic Type R, great car, does a ton, not super enthused about the styling. I have had an itch for a pickup in the stable for utility purposes and my brain says Ridgeline, my eyes say Colorado.

Fortunately, my complete lack of disposable income keeps me from having to make that decision.

Enjoy your new truck!

Last edited by vader1; 03-22-2019 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:49 AM

Received 380 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Ridgeline is pretend pickup truck with a tiny, 5000 pound towing capacity. 280HP/262lp-ft. Not as effeminate as the Odyssey though so you an take the kids to school in it and not worry about being seen driving it.

You can get a very nice F150 for the same price or less with the same size engine (3.5L) that will tow twice as much. 375HP/470lb-ft

-- Chuck
And it'll drive like a typical body on frame POS truck.

The Ridgeline is excellent. Best mid size pickup and best pavement handling truck on the road today. Honda's AWD torque vectors on the rear half shafts (very similar to the Focus RS) so it'll oversteer instead of understeer. It's a fantastic vehicle. The AWD system is one of the best available. The handling is phenomenal, and the engine/transmission combination is excellent. The shift points are optimized and it's fairly quick.

The advantages it has over a full size is handling, and ride quality in spades. Much easier to park. Handles like an AWD luxury sports sedan. Interior is excellent as well, very luxurious cabin. It has the magic rear seats like the fit, and the in bed trunk. If you don't need heavy tow capability it's the truck for you. It's the thinking man's truck. Full size trucks are great if you need the towing capacity, most do not. Most people don't even tow anything with their truck. Honda nailed this vehicle. It's just for the small penis dudes who want a jacked up "rugged" 4X4 who are going to roll it through Starbucks and park it at a mall.
The following users liked this post:
FearlessFife (03-22-2019)
Old 03-22-2019, 12:56 PM
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito
And it'll drive like a typical body on frame POS truck.

The Ridgeline is excellent. Best mid size pickup and best pavement handling truck on the road today. Honda's AWD torque vectors on the rear half shafts (very similar to the Focus RS) so it'll oversteer instead of understeer. It's a fantastic vehicle. The AWD system is one of the best available. The handling is phenomenal, and the engine/transmission combination is excellent. The shift points are optimized and it's fairly quick.

The advantages it has over a full size is handling, and ride quality in spades. Much easier to park. Handles like an AWD luxury sports sedan. Interior is excellent as well, very luxurious cabin. It has the magic rear seats like the fit, and the in bed trunk. If you don't need heavy tow capability it's the truck for you. It's the thinking man's truck. Full size trucks are great if you need the towing capacity, most do not. Most people don't even tow anything with their truck. Honda nailed this vehicle. It's just for the small penis dudes who want a jacked up "rugged" 4X4 who are going to roll it through Starbucks and park it at a mall.
What Tommy said.

I have a 2017 RLT-T and it is stellar. I am not a truck guy by any means, I think most people don't even come close to extracting the usability of a full size truck and thus could do without it, but after driving a 2018 Ridgeline last summer I knew it was going to be the right vehicle for me, especially given I have two small kids. Coming from a 2012 Civic Si it does take some getting used to for the obvious reasons: much bigger, far less responsive, braking distance, fun factor, etc. However, even with the less performance oriented driving characteristics the new Ridgeline is a great vehicle to own. Great features, drives fantastic (for a vehicle this size), and I find myself really wanting to get behind the wheel.

Highly recommend, and if you have specific questions about ownership feel free to let me know - I took delivery last fall and had a fun midwest winter with the fantastic AWD system.

Last edited by FearlessFife; 03-22-2019 at 12:58 PM.

Quick Reply: New Ridgeline