Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Long time listener...first time caller........

Old 03-22-2019, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long time listener...first time caller........

Hello SK2I!

I have purchased my first S2000 after truly adoring these cars for about 18 years. In high school a friend of mine purchased an S2K, after a few casual curves with rear wheel drive and more power my b16 powered CRX felt ill equipped. He had a lot of respect for my budget build of a fun, "fast" car vs. purchasing one, but of course his S2000 got all the attention. Anyway, the car is much more affordable for me as a 34 year old so BOOM!

2002 Suzuka Blue with OEM hardtop

Old 03-22-2019, 09:09 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Worth the wait, for sure.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:56 PM

Received 613 Likes on 420 Posts

OEM hardtop and lip? Score.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:10 AM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

You got a great year/color. Congrats.
Levi
Old 03-25-2019, 09:34 AM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Congrats on the car! I also purchased a Suzuka blue at the ripe mid age of 33. Definitely worth the wait.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:50 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very nice car! As mentioned, lip and hardtop are a huge plus. I didn't get mine until 45 so you guys are WAY ahead of me!
Old 03-25-2019, 09:51 AM

Received 79 Likes on 69 Posts

Your car looks great! I got mine when I was 40, as that is when the car was introduced. Still brings a smile every time I'm in it.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:49 AM

Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

Very nice car. The analog feel of these cars is simply amazing.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate the positive feedback guys!

The '02 S2K had 93,000 miles when I purchased it last June and currently has 97,000. It was very well maintained on a mechanical level and was garage kept for most of its life. The paint is in great shape, excluding the front bumper and lip which has typical road rash / rock chips.
I have some simple plans for the car in the near future, but for the most part I am focused on enjoying the car and honing in my driving skills. Here is a shortlist of the vehicles current mod state and some plans.

Current Mods...
- Greddy Exhaust & Tein Springs
- Extra set of AP1 wheels soon to be powder coated dark bronze for autocross / track cross

Near Future Mods.....
Basically my signature graphic
- OEM (or replica oem style) side strakes and rear spoiler
- xpel paint protection wrap on OEM hardtop
- window tint

Future (no real timeline) Mods.....
- upgrade suspension
- upgrade braking system
- replace stock head unit & speakers (current OEM works great but who uses CDS anymore.....bluetooth or aux)

If anyone knows of how to keep OEM head unit and install Bluetooth or AUX let me know. Seems like MODIFRY used to make an adaptor for aux but is no longer available??? Please educate me!
Old 03-25-2019, 03:10 PM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by KEENS
I appreciate the positive feedback guys!

The '02 S2K had 93,000 miles when I purchased it last June and currently has 97,000. It was very well maintained on a mechanical level and was garage kept for most of its life. The paint is in great shape, excluding the front bumper and lip which has typical road rash / rock chips.
I have some simple plans for the car in the near future, but for the most part I am focused on enjoying the car and honing in my driving skills. Here is a shortlist of the vehicles current mod state and some plans.

Current Mods...
- Greddy Exhaust & Tein Springs
- Extra set of AP1 wheels soon to be powder coated dark bronze for autocross / track cross

Near Future Mods.....
Basically my signature graphic
- OEM (or replica oem style) side strakes and rear spoiler
- xpel paint protection wrap on OEM hardtop
- window tint

Future (no real timeline) Mods.....
- upgrade suspension
- upgrade braking system
- replace stock head unit & speakers (current OEM works great but who uses CDS anymore.....bluetooth or aux)

If anyone knows of how to keep OEM head unit and install Bluetooth or AUX let me know. Seems like MODIFRY used to make an adaptor for aux but is no longer available??? Please educate me!
For the headhunt I recommend purchasing the Alpine UT-73BT (or something like that). Its a headhunt thats 100$ or cheaper depending on sales. Modify makes a plug and play bracket for Alpine headhunts as well as a DCI control unit so that you get to keep OEM control functionality. All in all should cost you about 225$ and an hour or so of work to put it in.

Quick Reply: Long time listener...first time caller........