New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Track Days 2019 - Time Trials too

Old 04-05-2019, 06:11 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts
Default Track Days 2019 - Time Trials too

Link to the old thread:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-york...018-a-1181309/

and an an old friend returns to track duty:

Figured I’ll start this thread so at some point, El Jefe will post schedules for events.

SCDA 2019 schedule: https://scda1.com/wp-content/uploads...A-SCHEDULE.pdf
Old 04-05-2019, 07:10 AM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

A guy named Rapid on the Metro Boards created a calendar.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar...Z29vZ2xlLmNvbQ

It includes:

Organizations:
SCDA
NASA
COM
Hooked on Driving
EMRA
MassTuning

Tracks:
Lime Rock Park
Palmer Motorsports Park
Watkins Glen
Thompson Speedway
Pocono Raceway
New Hampshire Motorsports Park
New Jersey Motorsports Park
Dominion Raceway
Canaan Motor Club
Summit Point
Mount Tremblant (bit of a drive)
Pittsburg Intl.
New York Safety Track
Virginia International Raceway

Here is the link to the calendar:
https://calendar.google.com/calendar...Z29vZ2xlLmNvbQ
Old 04-07-2019, 07:04 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey track people, I'm about to register for the Watkins Glen event and Jake told me not to enter in novice, for various reasons. If I go with (I think) amateur will I still be able to get someone to ride along on my first session?
Old 04-07-2019, 12:27 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by saving4one
Hey track people, I'm about to register for the Watkins Glen event and Jake told me not to enter in novice, for various reasons. If I go with (I think) amateur will I still be able to get someone to ride along on my first session?
I know you've got plenty of hillclimb experience. But given that this is your first time on a track like Watkins Glen, my recommendation would be to sign up for novice. Once you get comfortable, an instructor will have no issue with signing you off to go to intermediate. Normally with Intermediate, an instructor will be provided for one session if the student needs help and no more than that one session. That may not quite be enough seat time with an instructor to get the lay of the land at WGI. Which is why, it's best to sign up as novice and have an instructor available to you for the entire event.

You can email Elivan at SCDA (elivan@scda1.com) and tell him about the experience you have and that you'd like to register in Novice with the intent of getting signed off to Intermediate 1 given your hillclimb experience. You can put Jeff down as referring you and that will get you both a discount for another SCDA event. I also think there is a first time with SCDA special price in place.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:33 PM

The first time I went to the Glen, it literally took me the whole two days to find my way around the track. Plus the corners are a tricky. We can do some lead follows, but I think you'll get more out of the experience if you sign up for novice and have an instructor.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:16 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by saving4one
Email Elivan and tell him you want Aashish (A2) to be your instructor, he is the most experienced stock S2000 track master of the group and he is also a SCDA certified instructor !!
Old 04-10-2019, 10:27 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Hahaha....thanks Greg
Old 04-16-2019, 01:29 PM

Oh, that "someone special" in my life seems to have discarded the precious SCDA schedule that I so carefully put up on the refrigerator with several strong magnets.

Of course, that same "someone special" denies all knowledge of the aforesaid schedule and claims never to have seen such a thing. But since she summarily dismisses all carefully worded entries on the calendar - such as "VSCCA at Lime Rock" - treating them as meaningless clutter, I suspect her conduct was purposeful.

I'm hoping someone more sympathetic to my addiction might send me the discount code that was on the SCDA schedule as I wanted to register for the Glen for July.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:14 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
Oh, that "someone special" in my life seems to have discarded the precious SCDA schedule that I so carefully put up on the refrigerator with several strong magnets.

Of course, that same "someone special" denies all knowledge of the aforesaid schedule and claims never to have seen such a thing. But since she summarily dismisses all carefully worded entries on the calendar - such as "VSCCA at Lime Rock" - treating them as meaningless clutter, I suspect her conduct was purposeful.

I'm hoping someone more sympathetic to my addiction might send me the discount code that was on the SCDA schedule as I wanted to register for the Glen for July.
SCDAMAILER is the code
Old 04-18-2019, 04:14 AM

Thanks. This morning, after days of denial, the truth came out.

Quick Reply: Track Days 2019 - Time Trials too