Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

VA 2000 GPW Bone Stock Unmodified Original 82k Miles !

Old 04-19-2019, 09:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SOLD !!! VA 2000 GPW Bone Stock Unmodified Original 82k Miles !

Name: Matt
Price: $12,500
Contact: PM or post here, I am not sure if Pm's will work with my new account, but I have sold MANY cars locally in the last 20 years.

Details: Unfortunately the time has come to sell my S2000. I searched for months for a clean stock unmodified AP1, and at last I found this one a few years back. I am the Second Owner. The first was a doctor who traveled for work. It was always garage kept in his possession and rarely driven. In my possession it has never seen snow or ice. It has been a southern car from Richmond, VA since brand new. The vehicle currently only has 82,012 miles !!! I only drive it on nice days, as I have over a dozen other vehicles ( Yes I have a car hoarding problem ) When I do drive the vehicle to work it is over 80 miles round trip, so the mileage will continue to rise with nice spring weather.

2000 GPW Bone Stock Never Modified 99% stock #458 ( only aftermarket part on the car is the radio ) This car will make a nice driver, or use as unmolested platform to build your auto-x, drag, or do what I would love to do and restore to off the showroom floor condition.

Exterior I would rate a 7 of 10. It has it's fair share of dings, chips, etc as this is an almost 20 year old vehicle. It has original oem installed side strakes, other than that it is bone stock. I bought it with the intention of keeping bone stock and driving what was always my dream car from the moment they were released. Their are no accidents reported, but the original owner did mention he backed into his boat leaving his garage when he first purchased the vehicle, and he had the best body shop in town repair the vehicle. He couldn't find paperwork, and couldn't remember which side, what panel, was it just scrape, did it need paint, etc. Very nice guy, super smart, but not quite a car enthusiast. Also the original owner must have had trouble closing the door without slamming the seatbelt into the quarter/door area, because of this there are several chips there, my first CRX was the exact same way. I just wanted to put this out there as I always try to be as honest as possible when selling a vehicle.

Interior I would rate 8 out of 10, with the exception of the driver seat is closer to a 6. I try to condition the leather so it will at least stay in the current condition. The rest of the interior is nice no issues at all.

Convertible top has been replaced by the original owner, he thought not too long before I purchased a few years ago. It is the updated glass window, and in fantastic condition. There are no rips, tears, patchwork, or leaks. Any flaws in it at all are very minor and don't affect the functionality what so ever.

Engine/Drivetrain are 9.5 out of 10. The car is bone stock never modified. It is rarely driven hard at all ( although occasionally it might hit red line entering the freeway ) I have changed the oil every 5k with Mobil 1 full synthetic, and just before 75k I changed the trans and diff fluid with oem fluid. Unfortunately there aren't many maintenance documents , as when I purchased the vehicle I had a very tight window when the original owner was going to be gone again for weeks, and I wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on purchasing this gem as it was exactly what I was looking for.

To the best of my knowledge clutch is original, however it operates perfectly. I rarely ever get down on the car but it has never let me down or given any indication of needing to be replaced, it could've even been replaced in previous owner possession but I have no way of knowing.

Flaws: The hood insulator needs to be replaced, it has a hole in it from heat/age, the original owner must have spilled some sort of red paint in the trunk liner , I haven't tried to restore or replace this as nobody should see the inside of my trunk anyway ( I hope ). and the passenger rear bumper bracket might need to be replaced, it appears to be SLIGHTLY losing its retention over time I have seen several s2k's like this, but it didn't bother me enough to fool with it , and as mentioned body has some small flaws from being driven for close to 20 years. I have all of this pictured in the album

Other notable: I have two keys and two remotes.. I am the only one that has ever driven the vehicle in my ownership. I have CLEAN and clear VA title in hand, no leins, ready to sign away to new owner.

Final: I priced this vehicle to sell. Please only contact if serious buyer. I work a lot and often weird shifts. The only reason I am selling is to finance and finish my Drag Racing S2000. I bought it as a project car as I couldn't see modifying this rare gem, but I am almost finished with the block work in my project car, I need to get it painted all one color , buy and install turbo kit, and have tuned.

I will leave the vehicle posted only here for a week or two, I would much rather sell to an enthusiast like myself, then to see this car ruined locally from some kid on craigslist ( no offense anyone )

Here is the full album, and some pictures from the album posted below. Car is dirty in pictures but it will be cleaned thoroughly before being shown. Please let me know if you need to see anything else

https://imgur.com/user/MDRPerformance/posts

Last edited by MDR Performance; 04-28-2019 at 07:18 AM. Reason: fixed picture album
Old 04-19-2019, 09:07 AM

Old 04-19-2019, 09:45 AM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

Zoinks! You've taken a wrong turn.

I.e. photo album is 404.

-- Chuck
Old 04-19-2019, 11:15 AM

Thanks Chuck, I fixed the link but it will only let me upload a handful of pictures at a time for public viewing. Throughout the night and tomorrow all 29 pictures should be in this album

https://imgur.com/user/MDRPerformance/posts
Old 04-19-2019, 12:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks nice, GLWS. Does it have all 10 original VIN tags on the panels? May ease a buyer on what was damaged when the previous owner hit the boat.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:26 PM

Received 207 Likes on 187 Posts

Good looking GPW. Have I seen you running around in the Brandermill area in the past? I see one every now and then and always think my wife is taking mine for a spin.
Scott
Old 04-19-2019, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Zogster
Looks nice, GLWS. Does it have all 10 original VIN tags on the panels? May ease a buyer on what was damaged when the previous owner hit the boat.
I thought I posted above but if not, yes all 10 vin tags are on vehicle that’s why I am unsure where he hit boat or how bad it was all original panels

Also all pictures of all 10 vin tags are posted in the Album link

thanks for the interest !
Old 04-19-2019, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Birdybog
Good looking GPW. Have I seen you running around in the Brandermill area in the past? I see one every now and then and always think my wife is taking mine for a spin.
Scott
Scott,

That was more than likely me ! I have a few car friends in that area and I drive the vehicle anytime weather permits and I have off work. The only s2k I have seen in that area is a beautiful black original ap2 that an older gentleman drives ( and my friend tells me he wants to buy every time he sees it )

Thanks for the comments , and it would make an excellent present for your wife !!!
Old 04-20-2019, 05:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car! Very very tempting. Are you pretty firm on that price?

Ian
Old 04-20-2019, 07:18 AM

GPW + red interior +not crazy high miles for not much money?
I bet this will be gone in days. I'd pick it up already if I were local. White is the easiest color to correct the imperfections on any car, S2000 included.

Quick Reply: VA 2000 GPW Bone Stock Unmodified Original 82k Miles !