The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Installed my New to me TE37 Volks.....

Old 04-20-2019, 12:36 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Talking Installed my New to me TE37 Volks.....

I think these wheels are PERFECT for Sebring Silver, although I do like the Stock wheels I wanted to change it up a little bit, I am very happy with the end result!!!! The color compliments Sebring perfectly. Now I just have to figure out if I am going to add an OEM Front Lip in Sebring or Carbon Fiber. Do not mind the Battery Tender cable sticking out the front :-)

The following 2 users liked this post by Carnut12:
Bri (04-20-2019), Kami Speed (04-25-2019)
Old 04-20-2019, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wheels look great! Nothing like getting your first set of Volks!
Old 04-20-2019, 03:52 PM
Bri

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts

Looks amazing!

Are you planning to lower the car?
Old 04-20-2019, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bri
Looks amazing!

Are you planning to lower the car?
Thank you!!

I’m liking the current stance so I don’t think so, but time will tell. Living in the Northeast isn’t kind to lowered cars.
Old 04-20-2019, 03:55 PM
Bri

Can you please show how you hooked up your battery tender? That’s a very interesting approach. I clamp the alligator clips directly to the battery terminals. It’s so far from the front of the vehicle.
Old 04-20-2019, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bri
Can you please show how you hooked up your battery tender? That’s a very interesting approach. I clamp the alligator clips directly to the battery terminals. It’s so far from the front of the vehicle.
I did not do it, the prior owner did. He ran the cable from the battery to just behind the front bumper. It is really convenient, it tucks just behind when I drive and its easy to pull out in the winter when I store it. I typically use CTEK, but this one was wired for the actual "Battery Tender" brand so I switched for this car, it worked perfectly!!! I use the CTEK for my Shelby and the Battery Tender for my S2K.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:27 PM
Bri

Originally Posted by Carnut12
I did not do it, the prior owner did. He ran the cable from the battery to just behind the front bumper. It is really convenient, it tucks just behind when I drive and its easy to pull out in the winter when I store it. I typically use CTEK, but this one was wired for the actual "Battery Tender" brand so I switched for this car, it worked perfectly!!! I use the CTEK for my Shelby and the Battery Tender for my S2K.
is the wire included in the battery tender package or was it a custom install? Mind taking pictures of how it’s hooked up to the battery terminals? It sounds very convenient indeed. You don’t have to go all the way back to where the battery is.

Do you take any precautions when washing your car?

i also have a CTEK but I’m considering a battery tender as my next purchase. At $30 in Costco, it’s less than half the price compared to CTEK. Would you recommend it?
Old 04-20-2019, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bri
is the wire included in the battery tender package or was it a custom install? Mind taking pictures of how it’s hooked up to the battery terminals? It sounds very convenient indeed. You don’t have to go all the way back to where the battery is.

Do you take any precautions when washing your car?

i also have a CTEK but I’m considering a battery tender as my next purchase. At $30 in Costco, it’s less than half the price compared to CTEK. Would you recommend it?
The Battery Tender has been great i would buy it again for sure. I love that I do not have to go all the way back to the battery and also do not have to open the trunk. It does look like a customer install, no issue with washing the car because the end has a cap that covers everything. It did not come with the Battery Tender, but I am sure the wire isn't difficult to find online. I will check how it is attached to the battery and post a picture.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:31 AM

You can see here, it looks like he bought the attachment that stays on the terminals permanently, then he ran a wire to the front.

Old 04-21-2019, 08:27 AM

Received 1,247 Likes on 944 Posts

If you're looking for opinions, I think a factory Honda sebring lip would look much better, more classy, and much more harmonious than a CF lip would.

Quick Reply: Installed my New to me TE37 Volks.....