Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!

Old 08-03-2017, 09:54 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Absolute crap why do you piss ball about with things when i've just got used to the other crap changes you made you are making changes just for the sake of it, why not ask what we want seeing as we pay for the privilege of being messed about you really are beginning to grate , many of my friends are drifting away form this site and using face ache
The following users liked this post:
ScottJ (08-04-2017)
Old 08-03-2017, 11:14 AM
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Thank you again for the comments, and please keep them coming. We're taking all your suggestions and feedback into consideration, so while I may not have immediate answers to everything, please be aware that we do hear you. This includes all your thoughts on the Related Threads feature. We plan to introduce a User CP option in the future that will let you fully disable Related Threads, and we're looking into improving which threads are currently displayed as related.

Originally Posted by jasserv
Currently not one of the selected half to see the infinite scroll. I do have a question about the font. Did the font for the site change with the infinite scroll change?
The font size was adjusted to improve readability across both infinite scroll and non-infinite scroll. Do you find the change to be good or bad?

Originally Posted by flanders
Looks a bit better now but still too big for my liking, before it looked like 120% zoom and now it's on ~110%.
Edit: site is randomly really slow now as well, I keep getting Error 502 Bad gateway messages from Cloudflare.
Thanks for the additional font feedback.

Regarding the error message, please let me know if you see it pop up again. If you could also include a link to the specific page you were trying to access when Cloudflare's error appears, that'd be much appreciated!

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo
Just going to a page, I'm hit with popup ads, and the content in these ads causes my machine to freeze up for a few seconds. Also, the forum login popup seems to appear in the middle of a page. When I went to log in, it appeared in the middle of a thread that was rather long because of some large image posts. Took me a while of going back and forth with my machine stuttering because of the ads to just find the login popup.

For me, its the quick reply buttons at the bottom that stay persistent. Feels like old pages made circa 2000 using frames for navigation. Maybe this design looks better on mobile, but it does not look good on a desktop.

I like to read all the unread posts in a thread, then when I get to the end, there is the quick reply box waiting for me to add to the thread. Clicking a button to reply when the box was already there seems unnecessary. I have no issues scrolling to the bottom of the thread to reply, but again, maybe this is a feature that is better realized on mobile.

The related threads that appear with the infinite scroll seem to be very random. Not really related to what I'm looking at. I'm glad this is a feature that can be turned off, as some exuberant scrolling from the slow loading suddenly brought me into a different thread.
Thanks for your further feedback. We'll take these points into consideration.

For the ad issues you're describing, we do our best with our partners to ensure their ads load efficiently. I'll see if there's anything else we can do, but in the interim, you can avoid all those ads by staying logged in to S2KI. Next time you're asked to log in, please click the "Remember Me?" option on the login box that appears and you should be all set.

Originally Posted by j0oftheworld
PC, chrome
Appreciate the additional details. As I mentioned earlier, the changes were intentional, but I'll pass along your comments to our designers.

Originally Posted by mcrossley
Where do you turn this feature off? I've hated it since the infinite scroll appeared on the mobile interface, you keep running into some random section of the forum when you flick scroll on the phone to get to the end of thread.
You can opt out of the infinite scroll test via your User CP's Edit Options page. Please scroll down to the Forum Skin section, change the option from "Classic Next Gen 2.0" to "Classic Next Gen," and then hit Save.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:47 PM

Received 343 Likes on 320 Posts

Changed back to <classic next>..what a relief !!!!
done it 2x one in above link, also one bottom of page on left
Old 08-03-2017, 03:38 PM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Changed back, still hate the new too big fonts
Levi
Old 08-04-2017, 01:52 AM

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Hey guys, I personally in my internet surfing dislike infinite scroll, I find it very annoying. I came here to figure out how to turn off the "related topics" auto loading because I can't figure out where the end of a thread I'm subscribed to is, and all of a sudden I have tons more threads and I have to compare dates to figure what ends where. it's super annoying and there's no reason to show me a 'related thread' from 2 years ago that has nothing to do with what I'm reading. This is also another form of infinite scroll that is trying to suck me into reading but it's annoying and unnecessary.

Continue to give us the option to toggle this on or off. I tend to stop using sites that force never ending scroll (I don't do the Facebook or Twitter for specifically these reasons, too stupid and unfortunatly most of the AZ forum is there now, so meh). I don't read books or magazines or other materials in one long 100ft paper scroll either for that matter...and I don't want to deal with a previous 12 page thread and try and find information and have it load on me either. I need to see where the end is, and be able to make that distinction, I'm not here to surf all day and most people aren't either. It's like a marketing trick websites are trying to play to keep people on here longer then is necessary and you turn into jerks by making us look at more ads. It then becomes easier to stuff in junky ads, bigger boxes and less content. It's a formula everyone is going to, big clunky chunky boxes, infinite scroll stuffed with many ads but you get less and less content over time. I know you guys view this as a revenue generating business and that's probably where the disconnect is with all the S2000 car owners vs. you website owners.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:03 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Not a comment on infinte scroll but the classified forum is all screwed up for me now: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/site-inf.../#post24310624
The following users liked this post:
ScottJ (08-04-2017)
Old 08-04-2017, 09:20 AM
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by jwzimm
Not a comment on infinte scroll but the classified forum is all screwed up for me now: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/site-inf.../#post24310624
I just hopped into your thread to help out. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:50 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason

The font size was adjusted to improve readability across both infinite scroll and non-infinite scroll. Do you find the change to be good or bad?
I instantly noticed it and honestly it taken me longer to get used to it. The longer I browse it starts to fatigue my eyes quicker.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:28 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I absolutely and without reservation hate infinite scroll. It is an abomination.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unable to view any post in the classifieds. If I scroll towards the bottom of the page I get a gimps of a pic on the very right of my screen ?

Quick Reply: Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!