Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!

Old 08-11-2017, 04:08 PM
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by davidc1
This is all cool and good stuff guys, but you need to concentrate 99% of your energy on how you messed up the PM threading system and fix it. It's junk now.
When you're in a PM, you can view past parts of the conversation via the Message History bar, located under the Quick Reply box. Simply click "View History" on the right side of the bar, and it'll expand to show the previous messages in your PM chain. We're also working on a more long-term solution that closer mimics the old conversation style.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:41 AM

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by mcrossley
Where do you turn this feature off? I've hated it since the infinite scroll appeared on the mobile interface, you keep running into some random section of the forum when you flick scroll on the phone to get to the end of thread.
Ditto!! Hate this feature, I am constantly scrolling in to unrelated shit (especially on my phone), very confusing!
Old 08-17-2017, 01:50 PM
IB Staff

Thank you again for all the feedback regarding infinite scroll. We heard you loud and clear regarding the functionality of related threads, ranging from the relevancy of those threads to how they're presented to you. While we work to improve this, we have decided to disable related threads for desktop infinite scroll. As long as you're logged in, you shouldn't see any thread beyond the one you explicitly chose to read. We have other adjustments coming down the pipe as well, including the return of the reply box at the end of a thread. Stay tuned!
Old 08-18-2017, 10:55 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Infinite scrolling is an abomination. Took me ages to get to the bottom which fuelled my venom. I truly hate it with a passion.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:32 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by freq
Who was asking for "Infinite Scroll"? Seems to be a resource hog as well and load times are longer.
It's something IB is putting on all their properties. I'm on another, "FlyerTalk" where it gets lots of complaints, too. And like here, it's being foist on the membership by opt-out, not opt-in.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by IB Jason
You can opt out of the infinite scroll test by going to your User CP's Edit Options page and changing the Forum Skin setting from "Classic Next Gen 2.0" to "Classic Next Gen." But if you don't mind me asking, what specifically do you find annoying about it? We're using this test to collect feedback and improve the functionality, so the more detail you can provide, the better.
Oh, and just like Flyertalk's implementation, the initial opt-out methods aren't working. Setting to "Classic Next Gen" does NOT disable Infinite Scroll. It's still active for me with that skin set selected.

What do I find annoying? I didn't ask for it, and it's being forced on to me. The functionality is not the issue, it's the removal of options.
The following users liked this post:
ScottJ (08-20-2017)
Old 08-20-2017, 08:53 AM

Received 1,424 Likes on 954 Posts

UGH! Esp those threads which have many, many, many, really lots of pages.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:51 AM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by Unbeliever
Oh, and just like Flyertalk's implementation, the initial opt-out methods aren't working. Setting to "Classic Next Gen" does NOT disable Infinite Scroll. It's still active for me with that skin set selected.

What do I find annoying? I didn't ask for it, and it's being forced on to me. The functionality is not the issue, it's the removal of options.
Sorry about that. It looks like your choice to disable infinite scroll didn't properly save on your profile. I went ahead and made the adjustment for you. If you're still seeing infinite scroll, please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 08-21-2017, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by IB Jason
Sorry about that. It looks like your choice to disable infinite scroll didn't properly save on your profile. I went ahead and made the adjustment for you. If you're still seeing infinite scroll, please let me know.

Thanks!
Still enabled.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Unbeliever
Still enabled.
Disabled this morning, but I'm on a different computer. Will check on my home computer this morning. If still enabled on that one, there may be a stale cookie that is not being cleared out by the skin switch.

Quick Reply: Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!