S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Site Info (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/site-info-4/)
-   -   Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/site-info-4/introducing-infinite-scroll-please-share-your-feedback-1175996/)

arsenal 08-01-2017 09:20 PM

Bring back the quick reply box

TsukubaCody 08-02-2017 04:40 AM

The site looks more Geocities-era ugly than it did previously. I like clicking through pages, if I look through a long build thread I get a stopping off point.

Manga_Spawn 08-02-2017 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by IB Jason (Post 24306763)
You can opt out of the infinite scroll test by going to your User CP's Edit Options page and changing the Forum Skin setting from "Classic Next Gen 2.0" to "Classic Next Gen." But if you don't mind me asking, what specifically do you find annoying about it? We're using this test to collect feedback and improve the functionality, so the more detail you can provide, the better.

Thank you. I just switched mine back and all is back to normal. Quick reply box is in place and everything.

TsukubaCody 08-02-2017 08:19 AM

I have it switched the 'old' setup & everything still looks really weird/geocities ish.

IB Jason 08-02-2017 08:54 AM

Thanks for the continuing feedback, everyone.

For those of you who mentioned slow loading, are you noticing this across the site or only in specific threads? If it's in a particular thread or two, can you please pass along a link?

Regarding the comments about the design reminding you of GeoCities, if you were to pinpoint specific elements, what would you say those are? The font size? The design of the buttons? We of course prefer the site not be reminiscent of 2002, so anything specific you can provide will be of great help. :)

Originally Posted by arsenal (Post 24306835)
Bring back the quick reply box

May I ask what you dislike about the Quick Reply box in its new form? If you weren't aware, you can still access the Quick Reply box at any time via the https://www.s2ki.com/forums/images/s...quickreply.gif button at the bottom-right of any individual post or via the blue "Quick Reply" button on the left of the bottom bar. Both bring up the same box as before, but now it hovers over the page so you scroll around as you type without losing your place.

flanders 08-02-2017 09:06 AM

Did the fonts change? It looks really weird now, to big and bloaty. At first I thought I had accidentally hit ctrl+scroll wheel (zoom).
I tried switching back to the other skin but everything looks the same except the infinite scroll things which I'm not sure I would need.

j0oftheworld 08-02-2017 10:40 AM

I use the hover over menus (top left) to jump around to the normal forums I check daily..
It now seems these are smaller and a little harder to hover without picking the wrong or losing the menu before clicking.
Even switching to the old style doesn't change this functionality.
Just a small issue really but maybe others see it this way?

TsukubaCody 08-02-2017 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by IB Jason (Post 24307467)

For those of you who mentioned slow loading, are you noticing this across the site or only in specific threads? If it's in a particular thread or two, can you please pass along a link?

Regarding the comments about the design reminding you of GeoCities, if you were to pinpoint specific elements, what would you say those are? The font size? The design of the buttons? We of course prefer the site not be reminiscent of 2002, so anything specific you can provide will be of great help. :)

The font looks very random. Too big & bloated looking IMO. I also really dislike the new thanks button.

arsenal 08-02-2017 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by IB Jason (Post 24307467)

May I ask what you dislike about the Quick Reply box in its new form? If you weren't aware, you can still access the Quick Reply box at any time via the https://www.s2ki.com/forums/images/s...quickreply.gif button at the bottom-right of any individual post or via the blue "Quick Reply" button on the left of the bottom bar. Both bring up the same box as before, but now it hovers over the page so you scroll around as you type without losing your place.

It wasn't there yesterday but it's back today. Agree with others the site is very slow now.

deception9 08-02-2017 02:16 PM

this scroll is making me dizzy. i'm trying to skip some pages of a 200 page thread and this isn't doing it well or quickly.