Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 02:32 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
How many posts per page do you have, Ray?
er,,dunno it seems to have let me past now i have posted again

Last edited by Daytona-Dave; 11-06-2016 at 02:34 AM.
Old 11-06-2016, 01:38 PM

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Shockingly Bad Mobile PM System

The mobile pm system seriously bad, if I type a message half of it disappears and I can't see what I am typing.

I have now resorted to asking people to email me instead rather than using the PM system.

Plus woth each reply being a single message is a seriously bad option.

Terrible and quite disappointing.
Old 11-06-2016, 02:48 PM

Received 973 Likes on 666 Posts

How many posts per page do you have, Ray?
Speaking of which, can we up the number of posts per page to 100 again (or at least 75)?
Old 11-06-2016, 04:17 PM

Received 1,108 Likes on 988 Posts

When quoting a post, and you hit return so your response starts 2 lines below the quote, the first letter defaults to a lower case instead of upper case.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:48 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason
Hey, neuronbob! Nice to see you over here.

Regarding the subscription notices, you're correct that subscribed forums are handled a bit differently than subscribed threads. You're given the option to set email notifications to daily, weekly, or never when you first subscribe to a forum. My advice is to go back to the forums you've subscribed to, briefly unsubscribe to them via the "Thread Tools" drop-down menu on the top-right of the forum, and then immediately re-subscribe to be presented with the notification options. I realize it's not the most convenient approach, but it'll do the trick.
Done and it works. Thanks!
Old 11-07-2016, 09:28 AM
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by redbadge
It is 50 per page. But have a look at the screenshot I took, this just doesn't look professional, or look good at all. When people are using vertical pics, or no pics, or pics that don't properly show up, it will be just a mess.
Thinking about an Excel spreadsheet with large amount of data, we want distributed rows/columns for better visual perception.

It's a great idea, but you may:
1. make snapshots really small, height should be within 3x of height of the fonts. And make each row the same height.
2. give options to turn on/off the function
Thanks for the details and feedback. We can definitely make some adjustments if there's enough demand to do so.

Originally Posted by Orjinal
Mac and mobile. Safari, Firefox and Chrome.
Thanks for those details. Please try this link instead of the one you previously posted: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/jdm-tuni.../#post24097953

If that still doesn't work for you, can you please go to your User CP's Edit Options page and let me know how which number is selected under the "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" option?

Jason I have hidden real name and address details even for logged in members - this would be a privacy issue
Good catch, thanks!

Originally Posted by kgf3076
I know it's a small thing and has to more with aesthetics than operability, but can you please make all drop-downs mixed case rather than all upper case?
We can look into this. I know the main user menu is in all caps (the drop-down when you click your avatar/username in the top-right corner), but are there any others you've noticed?

Originally Posted by boltonblue
It appears that posting links is hosed up.
all links have a prepended s2000 header which messes up the link.
The broken links you're currently seeing stem from a post editor bug. If there are quotation marks around a URL inside the BBCode for a link, our editor automatically changes those quotation marks into """, which then breaks the URLs. We have a fix in the works to fully resolve this issue, but in the meantime, avoiding the use of quotation marks prevents the problem.

Originally Posted by djsilverjohnson
I just tried the mobile site today and I keep getting a "parse error" and can't get to it.
Just to clarify, are you on visiting s2ki.com from your phone's built-in web browser, or are using either the IB AutoGroup or Garage Talk app?

Originally Posted by RobinA3
The mobile pm system seriously bad, if I type a message half of it disappears and I can't see what I am typing.

I have now resorted to asking people to email me instead rather than using the PM system.

Plus woth each reply being a single message is a seriously bad option.

Terrible and quite disappointing.
We're working to develop a better method for Private Messages that includes a proper conversation view, similar to how it used to be in our old software. Typing a PM shouldn't disappear like that, though. Can you please let me know if you're accessing S2KI from your mobile browser or the Garage Talk app, as well as whether you're on an iOS or Android device?

Speaking of which, can we up the number of posts per page to 100 again (or at least 75)?
An option for 75 posts per page is now available.

Originally Posted by zdave87
When quoting a post, and you hit return so your response starts 2 lines below the quote, the first letter defaults to a lower case instead of upper case.
The post editor does make any corrections on its own, meaning it won't automatically capitalize or auto-correct like Word or other similar programs. If your browser or device normally does it for (i.e. auto-correct), it should continue to work the same as always. Is this not the case on your end? If so, what device/browser are you currently using?

Originally Posted by Chilis2k
I will like to get some help for u guy I was setting my car and I unplugged the battery and I send some friend to plugged again and he put backwards and now it don't turn nothing on just the emergency lights... help please and it's a ap1 2001 I appreciate ur help thank u
I recommend asking this question in the S2000 Under the Hood section. We have a lot of knowledgeable members in that forum who can help you out.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

You can set it in User CP / Edit options. 75 is there and is a new option

However just FYI 100 per page has never historically been an option.

Last edited by AquilaEagle; 11-07-2016 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:37 PM

Received 245 Likes on 211 Posts

Can we get the date in the UK section in the format we use here please.
The following users liked this post:
Daytona-Dave (11-07-2016)
Old 11-07-2016, 01:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I still see this thread has the thumbs down symbol for the thread title.

Can that be changed?

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/sponsor-...t-knob-829262/

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2016, 01:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

This listing also has a weird frown face or something.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/sponsor-...067366/page22/

Quick Reply: The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread